Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WANT $75,000 BUSINESS LOAN  (Read 3782 times)
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 02:40:58 PM

Do you have a business plan?  How much capital are you putting in yourself?  You are going to have to give up at least 50% ownership to secure a 325K loan if you are not contributing any capital.  Why are you buying a building?  Why not just lease to start if the business is so profitable?  When I started my latest company 10 years ago I had all kinds of venture capitalists offering me capital for 25%-50% of the company.  Instead I maxed out 20 credit cards and made it happen.  The cards were paid off in the first year of operation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2013, 03:49:45 PM

Someone should take him up on his offer to meet in person.

nolo200 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:04:34 PM

-.-

You probably want to lock this thread and move it to Archival.
Not yet.

Where do you live?  In the US?  If so in what state?

Colorado, USA
nolo200 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:10:49 PM

I don't trust banks. 

Why?  They make you pay the money back?   Roll Eyes

LOL.
Not sure if you're actually expecting to get this, but I'll assume you are.

Nobody here is going to spend over 300k to someone who has 90 posts, little-to-no reputation, and nothing to show for it.

The person that posted about why you don't trust the banks was right: You don't intend to pay this loan back, so why would you go to a bank?

If you're serious about this loan, go to a bank.  Otherwise, go away.

I'm here because I want more of a "money-man" partner.  I don't have the $$ to get this thing rolling, but I have a great plan and I don't want a bank looking into me and my personal life (as they would for a loan such as this).  Anyone with the money that is willing to take a small risk, could come out with big future rewards.

Like I said, I have every intention of paying it back, and don't necessarily need the loan to be in BTC, I would gladly accept it all in USD.  This business is going to be almost completely legit and I plan to pay all taxes as required by law.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:14:48 PM

This business is going to be almost completely legit and I plan to pay all taxes as required by law.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of the business is not going to be completely legit? Huh
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2013, 06:19:22 PM

I also live in Colorado.  How much have you researched the new laws?  A very good question was asked:  why buy when you can lease?  There are some other bitcoiners trying to do the same in Boulder an Colorado Springs.  Perhaps you can hook up with them.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
nolo200 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:22:03 PM

Are you ridgemont4 too?  Shocked

PS: Just go to the bank. Don't turn to us just because we cannot make you pay back like banks does. Anyone sane enough to undertake this loan needs to have collateral in his hands before even thinking of doing so.

The only REAL collateral I have is my car and my business plan.  I'm a senior mechanical engineering student looking to create my own job, which is also the reason I need a building.  I custom designed it with maximum quality and efficiency in mind.
nolo200 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

I also live in Colorado.  How much have you researched the new laws?  A very good question was asked:  why buy when you can lease?  There are some other bitcoiners trying to do the same in Boulder an Colorado Springs.  Perhaps you can hook up with them.

Burt,  I have done a lot of research.  Refer to above post.  I designed the building.  I won't settle for anything less than the best, and the facility I designed guarantees the best of the best.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:45:07 PM

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 06:45:50 PM

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Heavy on the mice.......

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
smracer
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 08:39:21 PM

You want to try and design your own building?  I have a few mechanical engineering friends and I started out down that path many years ago before I switched to math and physics.  The problem with a mechanical engineer designing a building is you are going to try and micromanage every single aspect of the building until you run out of money.  You will end up with no cash and a half finished building.

I have seen this happen before.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 08:43:54 PM

Mechanical engineer != Structural engineer... I've been in the industry a few years and you've got no hope.. You're telling me you've designed everything from ground works to electrical/utility layouts and done structural analysis models of the frame etc on your own?... dream on  Cheesy

nolo200 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 11:03:45 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2013, 11:38:30 PM by nolo200

Mechanical engineer != Structural engineer... I've been in the industry a few years and you've got no hope.. You're telling me you've designed everything from ground works to electrical/utility layouts and done structural analysis models of the frame etc on your own?... dream on  Cheesy

I agree and that is why I haven't done all of this on my own.  There also aren't many mechanical things in the building other than HVAC.  I have a lot of experience in other fields as well along with people who can advise me.  I don't claim to know everything, but I know a lot.

Also, there aren't a whole lot of structural things to worry about.  The construction techniques are nothing new and any professional drafter would be able to make blueprints for a GC very easily.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 11:54:15 PM

It is going to take you 6 months just to get the plans approved by the city.  Then it will take another 6 months to build the building.  If you lease a building you can be growing by next week.  You can then take profit and plan and build your dream building while you are generating income.
nolo200 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 02:25:02 AM

It is going to take you 6 months just to get the plans approved by the city.  Then it will take another 6 months to build the building.  If you lease a building you can be growing by next week.  You can then take profit and plan and build your dream building while you are generating income.

Not planning on building in a city because of regulations.

The whole reason I'm looking for cash is because I don't want to start that way.  Your reasoning makes sense, but not with my plans.
Doctor Mushies

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 02:54:10 AM

I would suggest not doing a giant grow op, even if it is legally regulated. lol.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 05:20:37 AM

lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 05:38:54 AM

You are offering 30% for 13,500 BTC which means you value your company at 45000 BTC.  How much money have you put into this project?

How much capital are you putting in yourself?

Still no answer to those questions, you just ignore them.
I guess (based on you being a student and all you have is a car) you haven't put any capital in by yourself at all,
so why would an investor fund 100% of your project but only get a 30% share (not even knowing what kind of project we're talking about, or which part of it might be illegal)?

Anyone with the money that is willing to take a small risk ...
made me LOL
nolo200 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 06:21:33 PM

You are offering 30% for 13,500 BTC which means you value your company at 45000 BTC.  How much money have you put into this project?

I guess (based on you being a student and all you have is a car) you haven't put any capital in by yourself at all,
so why would an investor fund 100% of your project but only get a 30% share (not even knowing what kind of project we're talking about, or which part of it might be illegal)?

made me LOL

-Correct.  I don't have any capital to put in.  Which is why I'm looking for it.  And the whole percentage thing, that's just the deal.  Take it or leave it.  I'm not forcing anyone to take it and I think the cost-benefit is still really good.

-If I said that there wasn't any risk at all I'd be a liar.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 06:22:47 PM

made me LOL

-Correct.  I don't have any capital to put in.  Which is why I'm looking for it.  And the whole percentage thing, that's just the deal.  Take it or leave it.  I'm not forcing anyone to take it and I think the cost-benefit is still really good.

-If I said that there wasn't any risk at all I'd be a liar.

Here ya go:

http://www.westernsky.com/

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: