Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding Physical collectibles  (Read 540 times)
aakashsangwan (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 12:08:37 PM

I was from always very fond of collecting coins and I have many coins(local currency) in my collection.

Here on bitcointalk I see many people selling bitcoin collectibles, but I don't have any knowledge regarding those items.

So can someone guide me to the right path for increasing my knowledge of the bitcoin related collectibles and also about the grading of coins, some external links also can do the work for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lairew

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:36:44 PM

...also about the grading of coins...
Don't trust ANACS or other grading system as an infallible tool for grading physical coins, expecially bitcoin (IMHO part of them are randomly graded...) .
Use your experience, your brain, your eyes to judge them.

You can learn a lot maybe buying this book (I'm not doing Advertising, I think it will be a good guide book):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022071.0

or searching information in physical goods/auctions posts
aakashsangwan (OP)

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 01:11:05 PM

What does MS-67 or MS-70 means in grading of coins?  Huh
It's just that MS-70 is the best or anything else is also in it?

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:48:14 PM

I would strongly suggest picking up a copy of the upcoming Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  It just went to print and should be released in roughly 3 weeks.  It documents every coin made and discusses all about the concept.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 02:13:55 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 07:23:41 PM by Mitchell

I would like to make one small change to minerjones post:

Grading:
Right now ANACS seems to be the company to perform grading for crypto-coins.
This is not correct as CGS UK also grades cryptocurrency related coins (proof). CGS is a bit more expensive ~$21 vs $19 and ANACS is currently the most used coin grading service for these kind of coins, so it has a much bigger market. I do agree with what Lairew has posted by the way.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
aakashsangwan (OP)

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 02:47:01 PM

I would strongly suggest picking up a copy of the upcoming Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  It just went to print and should be released in roughly 3 weeks.  It documents every coin made and discusses all about the concept.

Well said. I completely blanked on this amazing book!!  I would urge you to get one while they are still available.

Minerjones already mentioned my ever growing collection with pictures, but he forgot to mention that I'm also posting them on my website with extra information, personal opinion, where to buy them, etc. It's not a lot right now, but I'll be adding more very soon. I also know that Poloherb has started doing the same thing over at Cphysical

Anyway, I would like to make one small change to minerjones post:

Grading:
This is not correct as CGS UK also grades cryptocurrency related coins (proof). However, ANACS is the "recognized" coin grading service for our coins. I do agree with what Lairew has posted by the way.

If you have any questions, you can also join #cryptocurrency-collectors over at Freenode. For more information checkout this thread: Crazy collector or just crazy for coins? Want to talk? Join us!

Thank you for the correction / update Mitchell Cheesy

Pumping my bitcoin balance up for buying this book, hope I would be able to save that much until the 17th of April.

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:38:14 PM

I would strongly suggest picking up a copy of the upcoming Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  It just went to print and should be released in roughly 3 weeks.  It documents every coin made and discusses all about the concept.

Well said. I completely blanked on this amazing book!!  I would urge you to get one while they are still available.

Minerjones already mentioned my ever growing collection with pictures, but he forgot to mention that I'm also posting them on my website with extra information, personal opinion, where to buy them, etc. It's not a lot right now, but I'll be adding more very soon. I also know that Poloherb has started doing the same thing over at Cphysical

Anyway, I would like to make one small change to minerjones post:

Grading:
This is not correct as CGS UK also grades cryptocurrency related coins (proof). However, ANACS is the "recognized" coin grading service for our coins. I do agree with what Lairew has posted by the way.

If you have any questions, you can also join #cryptocurrency-collectors over at Freenode. For more information checkout this thread: Crazy collector or just crazy for coins? Want to talk? Join us!

Thank you for the correction / update Mitchell Cheesy

Pumping my bitcoin balance up for buying this book, hope I would be able to save that much until the 17th of April.

Instead of buying the book, I'd recommend you to buy some coins instead from MinerJones or anyone else.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:29:59 AM

Instead of buying the book, I'd recommend you to buy some coins instead from MinerJones or anyone else.

Thats certainly ones own decision to make, and Minerjones if certainly a very trustworthy seller.  I wholeheartedly would recommend picking up some coins from him.

If one wants to learn better about the subject and have a catalog of large color photos of every coin made to date, this book will be an excellent reference.  It will discuss all kinds of topics related to the subject and should be an excellent place for someone wanting to learn more.  The book will be about 270 pages in full color, and a limited first edition of 100 hard copies.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 01:05:39 AM

Always great to see the book being talked about! I also recommend you read the Casascius guide eBook I wrote earlier, which is in my signature.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
aakashsangwan (OP)

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 03:17:01 AM

Always great to see the book being talked about! I also recommend you read the Casascius guide eBook I wrote earlier, which is in my signature.
I have downloaded the ebook from your signature, also i am assembling funds from here and there for buying your new ebook, probably i will be in a position to buy your book on around 7th April

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: