Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Floz - Your Marijuana Brand | FlozT | RollZ | FlozER | JointZ | Society  (Read 12633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Flozbrand (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

@flozbrand - Follow us on Twitter!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:56:59 PM

floz is coming back alive? will this be a coin swap thing or is it just a floz takeover?

Yes it is.
No coin swap, we are just taking over the coin.

Have a look at our website to find out more about our plans.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:14:23 AM

floz is coming back alive? will this be a coin swap thing or is it just a floz takeover?

Yes it is.
No coin swap, we are just taking over the coin.

Have a look at our website to find out more about our plans.

looks nice Smiley
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:23:52 AM

Floz Wallet is not sync.  Showing 0 connections.  Any one can post working .conf file settings?
BARR_Official

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:19:47 AM

December 15 - Floz launches as an ICO

January 7 - Floz dev locks the thread and cancels the development plans, but keeps the ICO money

January 26 - DGCS dev confirms plans to exchange Floz for premined DGCS coins;  says it was planned ahead of time, but nobody knows how long it's been planned

February 1 - Floz exchange is supposed to begin at a site called BTCPoolExchange, but users are unable to send coins to the exchange

February 10 - DGCS dev says he wants to cancel the exchange because it's hurting the price of DGCS, but then says it's because the Floz blockchain was attacked

DGCS claimed they would burn any FLOZ sent to BTCPoolExchange.  Were any Floz coins ever burned?  Was the Floz blockchain really attacked or forked?

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Flozbrand (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 04:06:17 PM

Floz Wallet is not sync.  Showing 0 connections.  Any one can post working .conf file settings?

Mine is showing 5 connections right now.
Have you added the nodes from C-Cex? Here Smiley

December 15 - Floz launches as an ICO

January 7 - Floz dev locks the thread and cancels the development plans, but keeps the ICO money

January 26 - DGCS dev confirms plans to exchange Floz for premined DGCS coins;  says it was planned ahead of time, but nobody knows how long it's been planned

February 1 - Floz exchange is supposed to begin at a site called BTCPoolExchange, but users are unable to send coins to the exchange

February 10 - DGCS dev says he wants to cancel the exchange because it's hurting the price of DGCS, but then says it's because the Floz blockchain was attacked

DGCS claimed they would burn any FLOZ sent to BTCPoolExchange.  Were any Floz coins ever burned?  Was the Floz blockchain really attacked or forked?

I have no idea if any coins were burned, but I have never read anything about this and don't think something like that happened.
But want to clarify that we have no affiliation with the past Floz project.

Much of the reason for taking over Floz was the fact that so many got screwed over by the past dev/team.
We saw an opportunity to do something good, instead of flooding the market with yet another coin.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:23:03 PM

I have a couple of questions. 

On the website http://www.floz.co/#!flozt/gr7t8 it says "1 Floz will give you 1 Gram of FlozT".  How does that work?  A gram of cannabis is at least $10 at any of the dispensaries where I live.  Also, you can't just grow weed and sell it to the dispensaries.  Growers have to be licensed by the state and it's not an easy process and takes a significant amount of upfront capital to comply with the regulations. 

What dispensary is going to accept a cryptocurrency?  They are a cash only business since banks will not deal with them because marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug under federal law.  Why would they complicate their operation by having to convert an altcoin to bitcoin and then to cash when they are already making huge profits dealing strictly in cash? 

There have been many marijuana coins all promising this and that but none of them can be used for purchase at any marijuana dispensary.

I'm not even going to get into the energy drink because that's another can of worms. 

Your plan is unrealistic and will never happen.

Flozbrand (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:22:47 AM

I have a couple of questions. 

On the website http://www.floz.co/#!flozt/gr7t8 it says "1 Floz will give you 1 Gram of FlozT".  How does that work?  A gram of cannabis is at least $10 at any of the dispensaries where I live.  Also, you can't just grow weed and sell it to the dispensaries.  Growers have to be licensed by the state and it's not an easy process and takes a significant amount of upfront capital to comply with the regulations. 

What dispensary is going to accept a cryptocurrency?  They are a cash only business since banks will not deal with them because marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug under federal law.  Why would they complicate their operation by having to convert an altcoin to bitcoin and then to cash when they are already making huge profits dealing strictly in cash? 

There have been many marijuana coins all promising this and that but none of them can be used for purchase at any marijuana dispensary.

I'm not even going to get into the energy drink because that's another can of worms. 

Your plan is unrealistic and will never happen.

Thanks for the questions shojayxt!

First question, license: You are totally correct, it will take a significant amount of capital to comply with regulations and become a grower. Far more then we are asking for on the funding page. But we do have a plan to acquire these funds.
It's outlined on website and coming more information in the new ANN (Coming today-tomorrow). The first step is to raise enough funds to have a fundraiser party where people can come and taste FlozT and meet us, the team, to ask questions and get a chance to get involved with Floz.
Will we be able to accomplish our capital goal and get licensed? We have to be honest and say it like it is; We do not know. It will be an uphill road.
Do that mean we should not try? Hell no. We are gonna give it our best shot.

Second question, accepting cryptocurrency: Again, you are correct with your statement. Dispensary's are cash only business because of the banks.
And I believe some of the answer is in your question. Because marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug and the dispensary's is being "blocked" by the banks, I see a perfect reason for why an altcoin can thrive. We want to build a model that's easy and profitable for both the seller & the buyer.
The reason we use and love Bitcoin is because it's a superior method of payment, and Bitcoin is fighting against very user-friendly options like Visa. In dispensaries you actually have an easier road to "acceptance" because you are only fighting against cash.
Our policy for dispensary's wanting FlozT will include that they have to accept Floz for FlozT. But not exclusively, they can still take cash for FlozT. Obviously we can not try to push anything on the consumers. But it's our hope that we can grab their attention.
We also belive that in the beginning we will see a large wave of new people interested in Floz, because of the price you have mentioned earlier. Say a gram costs 10$ like you say, and FlozT comes in and you can purchase a gram for cents on the dollar. People will instantly want to get Floz and know more about it.
We will need to have limits on how much people can buy and etc.. Depending on how much we have managed to grow and many other factors.

Summary: Yes we have a tough journey ahead, no point in denying that. We need a lot of capital to be able to get anywhere.
But we have the road to get there. For example, we already have one dispensary that is ready to sell Floz when we are ready to do so. It's because of family relations to be clear, but its still a start.
We also have different other projects as well, but they are all mainly to fuel the FlozT project.

We believe our project has a little dream factor to it, and we will meet a lot of challenges on the way, no doubt about it. However, it's not totally unrealistic.
Put in faith, hard work and a small portion of luck and maybe Floz will be the big marijuana brand in the future.

Hope I gave an OK answer to your questions, and again, thanks for bringing them.
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:34:25 AM

Floz Wallet is not sync.  Showing 0 connections.  Any one can post working .conf file settings?

I have just added those nodes from C-Cex to .conf and now my wallet sync perfectly.  Thank you very much for helping me in this matter.
Flozbrand (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:40:02 AM

Floz Wallet is not sync.  Showing 0 connections.  Any one can post working .conf file settings?

I have just added those nodes from C-Cex to .conf and now my wallet sync perfectly.  Thank you very much for helping me in this matter.

That's fantastic Nagatraju!

Please keep the wallet running and staking if you have the opportunity to do so.
I have also sent a reply to your PM.
Imste

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:11:04 AM

Like that answer floz guys.
It's like you say, an uphill battle. But no reason to not try at least. Good luck! and I have scooped up a good amount of coins in the 4-600 range now Cheesy
sillypothead

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:34:33 AM

i tried the wallet on another computer and it still get stuck right on block 1000.  close client, restart, moves 500 blocks and get stuck again.

really it's not happening to anyone else?  this is just strange. 
Flozbrand (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 05:36:19 AM

i tried the wallet on another computer and it still get stuck right on block 1000.  close client, restart, moves 500 blocks and get stuck again.

It's very strange. I would like to help you out, can you add me on Skype? Flozbrand there as well.
So we don't need to clutter up the thread and can chat together.
Feel free to propose another method of communication, just hit me up with a PM.
sillypothead

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:42:00 AM

It's very strange. I would like to help you out, can you add me on Skype? Flozbrand there as well.
So we don't need to clutter up the thread and can chat together.
Feel free to propose another method of communication, just hit me up with a PM.

alright, i'll let it open over night and see what happens.  will pm you for help if it still won't sync.  thanks man.
CryptoBeauty

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:05:46 AM

Looks like this is dropping right back to where it started, lol!

https://i.imgur.com/eqGpLIx.png
Sell, sell sell.

There is a little over 1 million coins on exchange, and 800,000 of these are on the sell side.
This is just ordinary suppression to shake out people that was left the bag in the earlier floz, and I'm gonna quote this a week from now Wink
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:47:57 PM

I wish someone would bring back $GANJA

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:19:06 PM

$weed

... but working on $blaze and $bongger

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:31:59 PM

I cloned etheruem back when it first came out and was going to call it $WEED.

But then I thought there was enough marijuana coins to go around. Plus Ethereum sucked. It's better than bitcoin but it still sucked.

Flozbrand (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 08:13:32 AM

All dates have been pushed back 5 days.

We realize that we was to optimistic with our dates and we have now put everything back 5 days.
It's because we want to be 100% sure we are ready at each release, especially the first two that comes up now soon (Society & Rollz).
Our project is so new now that we don't believe this will cause any problems or negative vibes.

Some of the reason is that it took longer to get to 30 activity then we estimated.
And when we can't post images this thread becomes just messy and not eye-catching for those that visit.
The new ANN is ready and online on website. Just waiting for that image privilege to get it on here.
And when we can post images, we will become much more active here on bitcointalk.
sashacoin

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:07:55 PM

Market moving back up.. Maybe 1k floor soon?
5 days is nothing, the most important is that it gets delivered on the date you have set. Good luck Smiley
Flozbrand (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:21:18 PM

Can somebody post the more detailed announcement version?
Without quotes please.

https://justpaste.it/t3cw
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: