Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo  (Read 10147 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:47:24 AM

Never heard of this coin but I'm still 99% sure it's just another shitcoin.

Agreed. You'll find links to my analysis in the other Synereo thread.

Why Just 99% sure?  Why aren't you 100% sure?

I am not even 100% sure I will live until tomorrow.

Seriously I know software development. I know how to detect which projects are capable. Synereo doesn't have the chops. I listened to their Hangouts and I studied the technology. I am quite confident this is just a scheme to sell a token to fund the math delusions of Greg Meredith.

I already explained they the economics they are proposing for a business model make no sense.

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I don't agree with it.  There are quite a few people who also don't agree with it.  Imo, Synereo is a thousand times better than the centralized alternatives like Facebook and Twitter, and Synereo's business model makes much more sense than theirs.  I respect your intelligence, but you aren't the only "genius level" person on this forum.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:56:33 AM

Well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I don't agree with it.  There are quite a few people who also don't agree with it.  Imo, Synereo is a thousand times better than the centralized alternatives like Facebook and Twitter, and Synereo's business model makes much more sense than theirs.  I respect your intelligence, but you aren't the only "genius level" person on this forum.

Thanks. I will quote from my other reply to you and leave it at that. Good luck to them. May the best competitor win.

[...]

I will suggest you refer to my project's crowdfund to read the details on what I think a real business and ecosystem model is for this type of project.

I am less respectful than I would be, because they presold the AMP tokens. Thus for me it is scam just like Ethereum. That is my opinion. I don't hate them though. Afaik, they have not been egregiously deceptive, i.e. not like Dash.

Oh and yes, Greg is smart. And probably (almost certaintly) smarter than me at math.

-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:45:40 AM

Never heard of this coin but I'm still 99% sure it's just another shitcoin.

Agreed. You'll find links to my analysis in the other Synereo thread.

Why Just 99% sure?  Why aren't you 100% sure?

I am not even 100% sure I will live until tomorrow.

Seriously I know software development. I know how to detect which projects are capable. Synereo doesn't have the chops. I listened to their Hangouts and I studied the technology. I am quite confident this is just a scheme to sell a token to fund the math delusions of Greg Meredith.

I already explained they the economics they are proposing for a business model make no sense.

Sorry because I know readers do want to see a real decentralized alternative for social networking. And that is what I am working on. So yes my comments are biased. Synereo and my project are competitors. The difference is I did not launch a token before making the social network popular. I don't put the scam horse before the development cart.
Why do you think it won't work? What chops are needed? You said nothing but 'I know...'.
And don't be so sick about Synereo because your project is a failure and this one is a success.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:53:12 AM

You'll find links to my analysis in the other Synereo thread.

Why do you think it won't work? What chops are needed? You said nothing but 'I know...'.

I answered you already as quoted above, but you are obviously blind or simply a disingenuous asshat.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:19:21 PM

Reality check:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/what-happened-to-the-facebook-killer-it-s-complicated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_and_protocols_for_distributed_social_networking

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:55:46 PM

Anyone ever counted how many "facebook killers" are out there? Tsu.co is the last one I heard of.

And what about Diaspora, if we are talking about decentralized social networks? Didn't work out either. The name sucked anyway.

The problem all this "faceook killers" have is the same problem sodas have that are trying to compete with Coca-Cola. Or operating systems that are trying to compete with existing ones. Or… well you get the gist. But it's ten times worse, because the main premise of social networks is, that they need to be popular; that is their function.

It's like trying to sell a telephone book, but you are missing half of the numbers, or selling a map, but you are missing half the street names. Even if you would try to sell it at 1/3 the price and it is printed on real nice paper, nobody would buy it.
sandiman (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:02:07 PM

Anyone ever counted how many "facebook killers" are out there? Tsu.co is the last one I heard of.

And what about Diaspora, if we are talking about decentralized social networks? Didn't work out either. The name sucked anyway.

The problem all this "faceook killers" have is the same problem sodas have that are trying to compete with Coca-Cola. Or operating systems that are trying to compete with existing ones. Or… well you get the gist. But it's ten times worse, because the main premise of social networks is, that they need to be popular; that is their function.

It's like trying to sell a telephone book, but you are missing half of the numbers, or selling a map, but you are missing half the street names. Even if you would try to sell it at 1/3 the price and it is printed on real nice paper, nobody would buy it.

This make no sense, it can be deducted from "that they need to be popular" that facebook, twitter, instagram, etc started with userbase of millions and not a few people? this is completly wrong, you need to gain popularity thanks to diversification in this market.
ttookk

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:17:16 PM

This make no sense, it can be deducted from "that they need to be popular" that facebook, twitter, instagram, etc started with userbase of millions and not a few people? this is completly wrong, you need to gain popularity thanks to diversification in this market.

Hm. Diversification is a good point. The thing about twitter, instagram, tumblr and so on is, that none of them was supposed to be a "facebook killer", but filled it's own niche. Calling something "Facebook killer" implies that it is trying to occupy the same space as facebook, which is going to be hard as balls. I don't think it is impossible (wasn't facebook kind of a "Myspace Killer"?), but highly improbable.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:52:16 PM

Hm. Diversification is a good point. The thing about twitter, instagram, tumblr and so on is, that none of them was supposed to be a "facebook killer", but filled it's own niche.

Astute. That is precisely the only way to scale up.

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:53:31 PM

Hm. Diversification is a good point. The thing about twitter, instagram, tumblr and so on is, that none of them was supposed to be a "facebook killer", but filled it's own niche. Calling something "Facebook killer" implies that it is trying to occupy the same space as facebook, which is going to be hard as balls. I don't think it is impossible (wasn't facebook kind of a "Myspace Killer"?), but highly improbable.

This is the issue we are facing here with every coin, including Bitcoin. there probability of being used by a broad population is very low, but as bitcoin showed and still showing, as times passe the latter probability increase.
Don't forget that we are speaking about a disruptive innovation here, that is better in all ways that what we currently use. Thus, we may be in the destructive creation process described by schumpeter, and the user increase will follow the S-curve of innovation diffusion:

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:24:48 PM

This is the issue we are facing here with every coin, including Bitcoin. there probability of being used by a broad population is very low, but as bitcoin showed and still showing, as times passe the latter probability increase.
Don't forget that we are speaking about a disruptive innovation here, that is better in all ways that what we currently use.

Bitcoin started with a niche use case.

Synereo will go no where without one. Ditto every other altcoin.

ttookk

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:29:29 PM

Don't forget that we are speaking about a disruptive innovation here, that is better in all ways that what we currently use.

… hence all the "it's not money, it's something else"/Blockchain as a Service-coins popping up, like ETH, Lisk, Waves and so on. I'm curious to see where this is going.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:31:56 PM

… hence all the "it's not money, it's something else"/Blockchain as a Service-coins popping up, like ETH, Lisk, Waves and so on. I'm curious to see where this is going.

Yeah but those niches need to actually work technically and exist. We've done a thorough job of destructing ETH in the Ethereum Paradox thread. I did an initial analysis of Synereo's niche and afaics is based on flawed concepts such as the value of paying social network users to share which I think is entirely undesired and uneconomic for the same reason that ads have a reputation of being mostly spam (linked upthread).

I don't know enough about Lisk and Waves to comment meaningfully on them.

ttookk

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:49:58 PM

Yeah but those niches need to actually work technically and exist. We've done a thorough job of destructing ETH in the Ethereum Paradox thread. I did an initial analysis of Synereo's niche and afaics is based on flawed concepts such as the value of paying social network users to share which I think is entirely undesired and uneconomic for the same reason that ads have a reputation of being mostly spam (linked upthread).

Well, if you take it all together, you can see that something is cooking. I don't believe that BaaS is just a means of creating (fake?) value for a coin, I think a lot of people think the blockchain technology is a game changer and are now trying to find out what to do with it, apart from making money. Although, it might be a problem that they are fuelling their innovation and popularity by trying to drive the "get rich with us" train, which attracts a lot of people, who are only in it for fast profit (myself not necessarily excluded…). It is telling that projects like Bitnation don't seem to have a lot of popularity in this forum(regardless of the validity of the idea).
I don't believe that ETH is the one thing making it happen, and I don't believe it's Lisk (or Waves, for that matter) either. But you gotta start somewhere.

Ok, I got a little OT, sorry. I guess, I'm out.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:57:52 PM

Well, if you take it all together, you can see that something is cooking...

r0ach, smooth, I, and some others think the only killer app of blockchains is probably currency because of the self-referential requirement of what a block chain can reach consensus on securely. Thus technically we think all the other crap won't work, unless it is using a centralized block chain and then what is the point of that?

Bitcoin locked up large $ transfers. Monero has locked up anonymity. I am going after micro-transactions.

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:25:27 PM

we don't need to speak about Synereo strategy differenciation in details here to point its relevance in the market: getting paid to do what you do with facebook. Even if it would just try to kill facebook, we could consider facebook as a pre-paragmatic design and Synereo as a paragmatic design of social network (even thought an improved design could be created). If you would go to war, would you use the old first WW weapon design or the latest weapon design of war against ISIS ? I made my choice. Roll Eyes
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:26:59 PM

You'll find links to my analysis in the other Synereo thread.

I answered you already as quoted above, but you are obviously blind or simply a disingenuous asshat.
I've read your post (fartbags, please re-login) and there was nothing but your doubts that mean no thing.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:28:08 PM

we don't need to speak about Synereo strategy differenciation in details here to point its relevance in the market: getting paid to do what you do with facebook. Even if it would just try to kill facebook, we could consider facebook as a pre-paragmatic design and Synereo as a paragmatic design of social network (even thought an improved design could be created). If you would go to war, would you use the old first WW weapon design or the latest weapon design of war against ISIS ? I made my choice. Roll Eyes

I repeat you need a niche to scale up against Facebook, else no one will even bother to use Synereo.

I've read your post (fartbags, please re-login) and there was nothing but your doubts that mean no thing.

Thanks in advance for your detailed rebuttals of each of my detailed points at the linked thread. Until then, your hot air is as useless as fartbags.

sandiman (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:38:57 PM

I repeat you need a niche to scale up against Facebook, else no one will even bother to use Synereo.

Thanks in advance for your detailed rebuttals of each of my detailed points at the linked thread. Until then, your hot air is as useless as fartbags.

Let's suppose that one day Synereo provide exactly the same as facebook exept that users get rewarded by using the social network (without speaking about huge privacy issues in centralised social networks), isn't that enough for people to switch to Synereo ?
Moreover, the russian social network Odnoklassniki got destroyed by facebook and Vkontakte which did not provide added value, which annile your point of needing a niche.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:46:08 PM

Let's suppose that one day Synereo provide exactly the same as facebook exept that users get rewarded by using the social network

I already documented the economics of that. Ad revenue would never pay enough to motivate users to share. They share for much more valuable reasons. No one is going to work for $1 to $10 per day. Ads in developing countries pay less, because people spend less.

(without speaking about huge privacy issues in centralised social networks), isn't that enough for people to switch to Synereo ?

No. That is what the past experiments of many decentralized attempts have shown.

Moreover, the russian social network Odnoklassniki got destroyed by facebook and Vkontakte which did not provide added value, which annile your point of needing a niche.

Facebook won because it had more users or Odnoklassniki won because of Russian language niche and Russian culture focus. This proves the point of why you can't beat Facebook at its own game. You have to have an untapped demanded niche.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: