Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synereo  (Read 10147 times)
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:38:55 AM

Liar:

Cool it man! I mean facebook has by far the largest number of active users in the english speaking world, so for most people 'Facebook' is THE english speaking social network. I'm not claiming to be an expert in this area, and not trying to deliberately deceive, so calling me a liar is too strong. Ignorant I may be on many things, but not a liar.

My point is that in terms of what Synereo's beta portends to do (decentralized social networking), there is a laundry list of competitors already. So to say that FB has no competition from decentralized social networks is true but to say it has no decentralized social networking competitors is BLATANTLY FALSE.

You have given no justification for any feature that Synereo claims to have that would make the result for it any different than any of the other in laundry list of decentralized social networking projects. Thus you have provided no logical support to claim Synereo will get a lot of attention, when there are so many attempts before it (even which are ongoing projects).

Well the reason I am posting adamantly is because I has already posted (in this thread) that information about the laundry list of competitors to Synereo two times before you posted (and by now four times). And you are making a statement to pump up the value of AMPs to n00bs who don't understand that what you wrote is BLATANTLY FALSE.

I edited my post and changed "Liar" to "BLATANTLY FALSE". Apology for using the imprecise word.

Please, please read the thread carefully before posting claims that could influence speculators to acquire or dispose of AMPs.

Blatantly false is probably accurate. I'm a noob in this space (decentralised social networks), and i can see now there are many projects other than Synereo. I am excited to see Facebook face some competition though, and the attention economy features are particularly interesting, so any project attempting new monetisation models are worth a serious look. I will, however, quell my enthusiasm a bit more, I'm not by nature a 'pumper', and I have much more to learn.
cheers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:14:39 AM

The model of prioritizing shared content by reputation and hash tags is technically interesting. But afaics, that alone is not enough to drive any significant adoption in my opinion.

Afaics, there are some minor annoyances with Facebook, but for the most part uses are not complaining about Facebook feeds.

To drive a market adoption, you have to attack some real compelling need that some niche sector has.

IMO, the reason all the decentralized social networking attempts have flopped, is because they did not address some compelling need.

In the software industry, disruption comes from fulfilling some new market that others did not see.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:06:51 AM

The model of prioritizing shared content by reputation and hash tags is technically interesting. But afaics, that alone is not enough to drive any significant adoption in my opinion.

Afaics, there are some minor annoyances with Facebook, but for the most part uses are not complaining about Facebook feeds.

To drive a market adoption, you have to attack some real compelling need that some niche sector has.

IMO, the reason all the decentralized social networking attempts have flopped, is because they did not address some compelling need.

In the software industry, disruption comes from fulfilling some new market that others did not see.

Synereo has this thing they are calling "The Attention Economy". They are also using a new term "Social Contracts" to describe how users interact with each other. It sounds interesting.

You need to have a Synereo server to use the system though. I don't think many people will be interested in running a server to use a social network. They could rent a server but that will probably cost money. Current social networks are free.

jimscarver

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:30:52 AM

Other P2P social networks do not compete with FaceBook in the ways that Synereo does.

Facebook uses complex analytics to curate your stream.  There is a deep science involved determining what you see. And while the choices made for you are not always to your liking the success of FaceBook is determined by how well they can capture your attention.  Other social network alternatives either employ no analytics, or simple ones to curate your stream.  What mechanisms there are tend to compromise your privacy. Synereo uses intelligent reactive programming techniques based on your choices in directing your attention to automatically give you the content you want without violating your privacy.  

In addition, Synereo provides economic scalability and equitable rewards to content creators, curators, and participants seamlessly.  

These things alone separate Synereo from the pack. There are many other aspects of Synereo that are revolutionary.  It is a platform, not just an application. We cannot put Synereo in the same bucket as the other simplified FaceBook wannabees.  

Synereo extends algorithmic certainty from the blockchain all the way down to the user interface with verifiable formal mobile communicating process calculus ensuring that personal rules as well as social contracts are obeyed with proven certainty by the whole decentralized network.  Social networking is only the tip of the iceberg of decentralized applications of the Synereo stack being developed and being planned for the future. Private social networks and email are the beginning of what may be the next evolutionary step of the internet that will be trustworthy from stem to stern.  Synereo puts a powerful decentralized user agent in the hands of all its users.  It enables sharing of rules that allow users to empower each other. It enables collaborative applications to evolve among users in a community.  Synereo is truly in a class by itself.

Users will run their own Synereo node and become part of the network or use a node they trust.  You will not need a server to run it and can profit from the use of your personal nodes use by the network.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:41:38 AM

jimscarver, that is a good summary and I agree with the technical aspects of your comments based on my reading of the 51 page Synereo white paper. However not all the details are in that white paper, as had been covered in discussion between the Synereo lead dev and myself in the prior discussion (linked upthread).

So there are a few counter points:

1. See my prior post as quoted by fartbags immediately above your post, which argues that any advantage Synereo might have in prioritizing relevance of content, it is very unlikely to spur any adoption. They should not raise funding until after they prove some significant adoption. A release of beta code is not significant adoption.

2. I still argue the AMPs and model of compensating people to share is incorrect and is just to justify selling an ostensibly illegal unregistered investment security ICO.

3. As I said, their specification is not complete and public and thus we can't really evaluate if the technical (technobabble) claims are true. There is no way I will be digging in their source code to try to reverse engineer such DD research.

4. I simply don't believe that sharing is the main problem. Humans work out cleverly how to game Facebook and achieve the sharing they want. Humans are more clever than any static algorithm. IMO, the main problems people need solved in the realm of social network and social distribution are ones that are not even on Synereo's near-term radar afaics.

SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 03:32:25 PM

..covered in discussion between the Synereo lead dev and myself..

When or where did this happen?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:10:18 PM

..covered in discussion between the Synereo lead dev and myself..

When or where did this happen?

Sorry I have no time to dig for it. If you click through to all my posts on Synereo in about 4 threads total, you should find it in an exchange between Elokane and myself.

It is also copied to Reddit in the thread I made about the truth about Ethereum being banned from this forum (when I was temporarily banned):

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/42rvm3/truth_about_ethereum_is_being_banned_at/

Quote from: myself
Is that specifically covered in the white paper or a design improvement hence?

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:16:17 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 04:16:17 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

FORUM WARNING!

Be careful guys.  TPTB_need_war, aka Shelby Moore III, has the FBI on speed dial, and will, at a moment's notice, report you to the feds if you disagree with him.  He is also one-hundred percent, completely, certifiably insane.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1426998.msg14475226#msg14475226

What is the procedure I need to follow in order to obtain DecentralizeEconomics's IP address, so I can trace his identify back to his ISP or at least determine if he is trying to obscure his identity with Tor, so I can then refer it I presume to the FBI.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 03:52:53 AM

Sorry I have no time to dig for it. If you click through to all my posts on Synereo in about 4 threads total, you should find it in an exchange between Elokane and myself.

Ah, well hearing about some of the advancements since the white paper was written from the CEO is a good place.

Just hard to see where you came to your views.

As far as such speculation goes, only time will tell.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:25:20 AM

Ah, well hearing about some of the advancements since the white paper was written from the CEO is a good place.

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/delusional-disorder

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:44:07 AM

I wrote the specification is not public. The CEO admitted it. What is hard to understand.  Roll Eyes

Pyschopath DecentralizedEconomics has been put on Ignore and it has already been explained to him numerous times why and the evidence of his behavior is in another thread.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 08:01:29 AM

DecentralizedEconomics has been put on Ignore

What happened?  Did the FBI block your number?

jimscarver

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:30:48 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 01:46:31 PM by jimscarver

jimscarver, that is a good summary and I agree with the technical aspects of your comments based on my reading of the 51 page Synereo white paper. However not all the details are in that white paper, as had been covered in discussion between the Synereo lead dev and myself in the prior discussion (linked upthread).
Thanks.  The whitepaper is not up to date.  There have been many advances but they are not private.  They have been unveiled in weekly hangouts, the blog, slack, etc.  There are efforts underway to update the whitepaper.

1. See my prior post as quoted by fartbags immediately above your post, which argues that any advantage Synereo might have in prioritizing relevance of content, it is very unlikely to spur any adoption. They should not raise funding until after they prove some significant adoption. A release of beta code is not significant adoption.
A better stream is just one reason synereo will be adopted. About 20% of my associates refuse to use facebook due to privacy concerns.  They and those who want to network with them will be drawn to synereo.  Artists and other content providers are unhappy they they do not get a fair share of revenue from facebook.  They and their fans will be drawn to synereo.  Many on facebook are disturbed by the constant changes in facebook functionality and want to be able to control of their interface and functionality.  I myself am pissed off that facebook removed the friend-of-a-friend scope forcing me to either restrict distribution to my immediate friends or make it public.  Putting users in greater control will attract adoption.  And there are those who simply want to get out from under the thumb of the media giants for political reasons.  They will draw their social networks onto synereo.
2. I still argue the AMPs and model of compensating people to share is incorrect and is just to justify selling an ostensibly illegal unregistered investment security ICO.
The AMP model may need tuning.  There are continued advancements in the mathematics and simulation results.  As it is we can at least say AMPs provide economic incentives for the participants to drive the attention economy.  My belief is that the attention market is huge and should not be restricted and controlled by linking it to some other currency. We would not for example tie the cost of beans to the price of carrots.  In order for the attention economy to be allowed to thrive it should be independent.  Selling AMPs, and providing them as bounties to contributors, is no more suspect than selling advance tickets to an event. Many of us, buy AMPs to support the development of synereo because we want to use it, not necessarily as an investment.
3. As I said, their specification is not complete and public and thus we can't really evaluate if the technical (technobabble) claims are true. There is no way I will be digging in their source code to try to reverse engineer such DD research.
Attend the hangouts etc. and you'll be up to date. Transparency to the community is a major philosophy of synereo affirmatively executed.  Updates to the documentation are forthcoming.
4. I simply don't believe that sharing is the main problem. Humans work out cleverly how to game Facebook and achieve the sharing they want. Humans are more clever than any static algorithm. IMO, the main problems people need solved in the realm of social network and social distribution are ones that are not even on Synereo's near-term radar afaics.
Privacy and ownership of personal information, intellectual property and work product is not important to everyone.  Many are quite happy using facebook.  It undeniably provides a venue where they can can network in ways unimaginable a century ago.  They enjoy gaming the system.  But it is not a level playing field and society as a whole will ultimately lose  unless we take back control ourselves and change the game. Synereo is currently the only game in town that gives us that opportunity.  It is a decentralized incorruptible weapon providing us a defense against all forms of information war.  Even id you trust facebook, nobody knows what corrupt elements have infiltrated facebook. We cannot know what purpose our information is being put to. Any centralized power can and will be attacked and by the golden theorem will be subverted in finite time.  Synereo has no central point of attack.  It is prudent that we support it.  The justification is compelling and eventually the public will come around. Resistance it futile :-p
SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:29:54 PM

I wrote the specification is not public. The CEO admitted it. What is hard to understand.  Roll Eyes

My comment on your views had nothing to do with your statement about hearing news from Elokane.  It was regarding your unverified claims and assertions elsewhere.  There's room for differing opinions, of course.

However, while we're on that line, the info that you speak of was and is public; not being in the white paper does not change that.  Nor is Elokane the 'lead developer'.

Small changes, but important as to the potential for misinterpreting what you've said.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████