Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Flag Pattern is about to breakout..  (Read 1592 times)
Enjorlas (OP)

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:03:14 PM

But which way will it break out? Up or down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:06:19 PM

But which way will it break out? Up or down?

Does it about the halving? Hopefully me. Should this to go up. We will see what the effects.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 06:26:28 PM

It always goes the other way than what everyone expects. Halving is already priced in.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:13:50 PM

It always goes the other way than what everyone expects. Halving is already priced in.

True, because the ones who control the markets, they always look for people's sentiments and play with the markets accordingly...
Though, I am UP on this one, as halving is getting nearer...

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:35:16 PM

Halving is already priced in.

Wrong:

There is no such thing as "halving already priced in" because the mining power increased a lot when price went up.  For the halving to be "priced in", the mining power would of needed to stay the same after price went up, then halving happens, and mining power is still the same.

As things are now, a lot of miners would need to turn off if no price increase happened for the halving.  So absolutely nothing is priced in.  Miners also tend to mine at a loss in hopes coins wil lbe worth more in the future rather than turning them off.  Nobody is going to be turning off their millions of dollars in miners.  They will simply stop selling coins at a loss, then the market dries up and price goes up.  This is why it's inevitable price increases afterwards regardless of what happens before.  All miners in the world did not stop selling coins 6 months in advance to make the price go up already.  It's possible a few did, but I highly doubt the majority of all miners removed all coins from market 6+ months in advance.  The price would still be increasing by the day if they did so.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:08:10 AM

From the sign of it, it will be an uptrend mainly due to the fact that base on an analysis since September of last year, every time, there was a stable phase in terms of value, there's was an uptrend effect after it (IIRC twice happened so far), Although the past effects doesn't ensure futures outcome, I still believe the uptrend plus were approaching the halving slowly, so that ads up as well.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:40:37 AM

The fluctuation of the bitcoin has reduced recently. It has consolidated for some time. The next price action will be up.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:54:25 PM

I think the release of segwit plus a firm launch date for the lightning network will force us up out of this flag pattern hard. 

That plus the halving should make for a very exciting summer.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:51:50 PM

I think the release of segwit plus a firm launch date for the lightning network will force us up out of this flag pattern hard. 

Yeah to many good solid news happening, + all of the psychological factors are also on point to get a massive bull craze: The FOMOs that still are stupid enough to not own any Bitcoin will come quick in fear of missing out and buy at any price, and the people that has Bitcoin will simply HODL and sit back and relax and watch it go higher that never before. I can't wait for the summer, the halving will be epic.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:58:49 PM

It will be exciting for sure with all the stuff that is coming our way, but I think all these happenings will have a short term impact on the price. I am more interested in a more slower but sustainable growth instead of peaks. We all know that peaks don't last very long in the Bitcoin land.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:22:36 PM

down.. no volumes. we are going for one more bounce at least.
Tacalt

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:29:10 PM

down.. no volumes. we are going for one more bounce at least.

When the price is down, there is no volume. When the price is up, there are some more volume. it is good.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 05:49:53 PM

Yeah, we are going through better times now trading-wise. Price is moving a little more and you can trade to make some profit.

Swisk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:23:23 PM

Wrong:

There is no such thing as "halving already priced in" because the mining power increased a lot when price went up.  For the halving to be "priced in", the mining power would of needed to stay the same after price went up, then halving happens, and mining power is still the same.

As things are now, a lot of miners would need to turn off if no price increase happened for the halving.  So absolutely nothing is priced in.  Miners also tend to mine at a loss in hopes coins wil lbe worth more in the future rather than turning them off.  Nobody is going to be turning off their millions of dollars in miners.  They will simply stop selling coins at a loss, then the market dries up and price goes up.  This is why it's inevitable price increases afterwards regardless of what happens before.  All miners in the world did not stop selling coins 6 months in advance to make the price go up already.  It's possible a few did, but I highly doubt the majority of all miners removed all coins from market 6+ months in advance.  The price would still be increasing by the day if they did so.

Well Roach, your explanation makes some sense. But at the same time, couldn't the pricing in be explained by a huge surge in demand due to speculators believing that the price will rise due to the halvening? Essentially, pricing in the future expectation.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:38:11 PM

Wrong:

Well - why do you think that this kind of thinking have not influenced the price by now? Many people must have thought along these lines - and some of them acted upon this - and those actions influenced the pricing. This is what 'pricing in' means.
Swisk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:42:09 AM

Well, its all a question of degree. I like to view is as demand/supply mechanics, so if that many people hadn't factored in the halving yet, then demand wouldn't have surged. However, it seems like the halvening has become a much more prominent topic, so many more people would 'price' it in.

That being said, I do think that the price will still increase as the halvening draws closer, so yeah. I'd like the hear different opinions though, as I'd think i'm still fairly new to this bitcoin space.
Tacalt

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:09:22 PM

Well, its all a question of degree. I like to view is as demand/supply mechanics, so if that many people hadn't factored in the halving yet, then demand wouldn't have surged. However, it seems like the halvening has become a much more prominent topic, so many more people would 'price' it in.

That being said, I do think that the price will still increase as the halvening draws closer, so yeah. I'd like the hear different opinions though, as I'd think i'm still fairly new to this bitcoin space.

The price is increasing slowly now. But after the halving, the price will increase even more. That happened in the last halving.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:56:13 PM

The price is increasing slowly now. But after the halving, the price will increase even more. That happened in the last halving.
I agree. I think the last halvening happened in late 2013 (October/November?) and a great bubble happened in April of 2014, followed by another great bubble in December 2014. Which leads me to believe, December 2016 bubble, followed by another even greater bubble in June 2017.

Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:19:34 PM

I agree. I think the last halvening happened in late 2013 (October/November?) and a great bubble happened in April of 2014, followed by another great bubble in December 2014. Which leads me to believe, December 2016 bubble, followed by another even greater bubble in June 2017.

Woah woah woah..... Did talks_cheap just say that???
Tacalt

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:29:54 PM

Woah woah woah..... Did talks_cheap just say that???

The price is about $445 now. It seems the price has broken out of the recent trading range. It could be a good sign.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: