Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 07:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW ZEALAND HAS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED ALL ANIMALS AS SENTIENT BEINGS  (Read 1434 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:38:49 PM

NEW ZEALAND HAS OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED ALL ANIMALS AS SENTIENT BEINGS – THIS IS HUGE

| March 11, 2016 |

New Zealand has set an incredible precedent by legally ruling on what nature lovers already know to be true: that animals are sentient and have feelings in the same way that we do.

This marks an incredibly shift in public perception, where previously only some animals were given the benefit of protection.

The Animal Welfare Bill that passed last month will prosecute people in animal cruelty cases and ban animal research and testing. All hunting and capture of wild animals will be illegal.

“To say that animals are sentient is to state explicitly that they can experience both positive and negative emotions, including pain and distress,” said Dr Virginia Williams, chair of the National Animal Ethics Advisory Committee. “The explicitness is what is new and marks another step along the animal welfare journey.”

“Expectations on animal welfare have been rapidly changing, and practices that were once commonplace for pets and farm stock are no longer acceptable or tolerated,” said Dr. Steve Merchant, president of the New Zealand Veterinary Association. “The bill brings legislation in line with our nation’s changing attitude on the status of animals in society.”

http://vbetweenthelines.com/index.php/2016/03/11/new-zealand-officially-recognized-animals-sentient-beings-huge/

West man

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:43:54 PM

What does this say about the animals that they butcher to eat like pigs as pork, cows as beef, chickens as drum sticks  Huh  Huh  Huh

They have feelings, so everybody in new zealand will become vegetarian?  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BetcoinRakeback.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
████▄█▄████
███████████
████▄█▄████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/tr
galdur (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:57:05 PM

What does this say about the animals that they butcher to eat like pigs as pork, cows as beef, chickens as drum sticks  Huh  Huh  Huh

They have feelings, so everybody in new zealand will become vegetarian?  Cheesy

I have no idea, I don´t live there. They´re probably not outlawing butchering animals altogether, at this point it´s probably about strict regulations.

BARR_Official

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:59:00 PM

Now arrest all the animals for walking around naked, using public streets as toilets, and murdering other animals.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
galdur (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:13:06 PM

Now arrest all the animals for walking around naked, using public streets as toilets, and murdering other animals.

Well, clearly you can´t distinguish the ability to 1. think (reason) from the ability to 2. feel (sentience), most likely because of limited ability as 1. is concerned.

syzygy1888

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:42:44 PM

Obviously complex animals have feelings and can experience positive and negative emotion. No rational person would deny that. But they also taste good.
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 04:34:02 PM

Well, clearly you can´t distinguish the ability to 1. think (reason) from the ability to 2. feel (sentience), most likely because of limited ability as 1. is concerned.

So you're saying animals can't feel anything when they're cruelly murdered by other animals?

Please don't be so childish.

galdur (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:59:40 PM

Moron on permanent ignore. Bye, bye forever.

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 05:12:04 PM

I'll be a moron as soon as animals have the same feelings as humans. 
Let me know when animals feel remorse for all the other animals they kill. 

They don't, just like you and other fascists who want a permanent final solution to get rid of people "forever" if they inconvenience you in the slightest.  Maybe you're like an animal that way.

West man

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:17:48 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 07:23:07 PM by West man

This thought on the matter got me to remember a movie that I watch just recently.
Absolutely Anything (2015) with Simon Pegg. His dog had the ability to tell his feelings to him half way though out the movie. It was a comedy but that is what New Zealand is talking about. Even without the ability to talk, they still have feelings to convey.
Hilarious movie with the old gang of Monty Python with John Cleese as the world destructor - Karen  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
██████████
█████▄█████
█████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BetcoinRakeback.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
██████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████
█████████
█████▀█████
█████████
███████████
████▄█▄████
███████████
████▄█▄████
█████████
████████
███████████
███████████
███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/tr
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:40:20 PM

I'll be a moron as soon as animals have the same feelings as humans. 
Let me know when animals feel remorse for all the other animals they kill. 

They don't, just like you and other fascists who want a permanent final solution to get rid of people "forever" if they inconvenience you in the slightest.  Maybe you're like an animal that way.

You dumb ass thick shit..Remorse you dumb shit..Human's will eat other human's when hungry
take the food away and we become nasty just the same as a wild animal..

we are what you call domesticated animals..My dog wont eat my turtle..In the wild it would chomp it up.

Well done NEW ZEALAND..I love a bacon sandwich but if my parents never brought me up on meat and made me think eating animals was sick today i would be a vegetarian..
It was natural to eat humans ..Now we think this is a sick thing to do..

If children are brought up to think eating animals is wrong they will become vegetarians
It's all down to the parents..feed them meat they will love it..Don't feed them meat they will know no difference..

Animals have feelings I know I got a turtle and a dog..
Also if it stops people from eating meat everyday then it;s all good 1 or 2 times a week eating meat instead of every day IT HELPS..

WELL DONE NEW ZEALAND..And thanks ..
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4676
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:53:06 PM

There are several problems with this.

1)  The animal kingdom contains organisms with a smooth range of neurological capabilities.  How and who are going to be deciding where the cut-off point is within the animal kingdom?  If there even is a cut-off whereby dust mites are not afforded the rights of polar bears.

2)  It is extraordinarily discriminatory against other kingdoms.  Plants, fungi, protozoa, bacteria.

3)  How to deal with the injustices and abuse of, say, a cat killing and eating a mouse?  These kinds of abuses are rampant.  Enforcement is going to provide a lot of 'green jobs' at least.

4)  It's pure new-age weirdness.  New Zealand:  Glad to see that you have all of your more important problems solved.  You go, girl!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:56:00 PM

Well, I guess they have a law defining who those sentient beings are. I doubt that it includes the common housefly.

galdur (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:01:13 PM

Here it is...Animal Welfare Amendment Bill...

Hon Nathan Guy

Animal Welfare Amendment Bill
Government Bill
107—3
As reported from the committee of the whole House

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2013/0107/latest/DLM5174807.html?path=bill%2fgovernment%2f2013%2f0107%2flatest&col=bill&fid=DLM5174807&search=sw_096be8ed81047b83_sentient_25_se&p=1

galdur (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:03:46 PM

"It is intended that generally accepted hunting, fishing, and pest management practices will not be affected by the new section, which is directed at acts of wilful or reckless cruelty"

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:23:20 PM

positive and negative emotions? no, of course not.. they are only able to respond to stimuli and always let you know when they're hungry.

BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 06:26:49 PM

You dumb ass thick shit..Remorse you dumb shit..Human's will eat other human's when hungry

Some won't.  Some people live like savages, but some people know how to use apostrophes.

Speak for yourself.  You're obviously a vulgar and disturbed individual.

Animals don't even have feelings towards their own adult offspring.
So don't tell me they have the same feelings as humans.
Some humans love their children.
Of course, some people don't.  Some people just come to bitcointalk and whine about how their son is gay, taking out that frustration with tantrums and girlish anger towards everyone who isn't just as confused about everything.

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:32:22 PM

Animals have feelings I know and i will now prove this a fact..

We all know human's take care of animals..If animals have no feelings then they would they care?

Watch this then Animals taking care of a human..100% proof Animals care and have emotions..
YOU MUST WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkX47t2QaRs

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:33:01 PM

Some won't.  Some people live like savages, but some people know how to use apostrophes.

Speak for yourself.  You're obviously a vulgar and disturbed individual.

Animals don't even have feelings towards their own adult offspring.
So don't tell me they have the same feelings as humans.
Some humans love their children.
Of course, some people don't.  Some people just come to bitcointalk and whine about how their son is gay, taking out that frustration with tantrums and girlish anger towards everyone who isn't just as confused about everything.
SHUT THE FUCK UP DICK HEAD
So what is that video showing you thick shit
BARR_Official

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 06:46:09 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP DICK HEAD
So what is that video showing you thick shit

No sane adult could ever believe that video.  It was even uploaded on the 1st of April, which is the day when people upload ridiculous lies to the internet to see how many gullible people can be fooled. 

You have serious problems, and any meaningful communication with you is beyond my abilities.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: