Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:55:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.94.1 is out  (Read 11858 times)
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:28:43 PM

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.94.1

This is hopefully the one and only bug fix release on top of 0.94

Focusing on the next version from now on.

Copy paste of the changelog for the good measure:

== Fixed ==
   - Fixed parsing new blocks with no wallet loaded
   - Fixed wallet/address import
   - Fixed address sweeping
   - .deb installer: will not register shortcuts if /usr/share/desktop-directories is missing

== Removed ==
   - Removed Bitcoin P2P alert parsing, as it was removed from Bitcoin Core.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pf

Activity: 176
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:12:04 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 09:11:23 PM by pf

Armory 0.94.1 did NOT compile successfully on my OS X 10.11.4 with Xcode 7.3 command line tools. This is the error:

Code:
Removing Python test-suite.
Removing directory tree: /Users/joe/Desktop/BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/test
Removing .pyo and unneeded .py files.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build-app.py", line 784, in <module>
    main()  
  File "build-app.py", line 131, in main
    cleanup_app()
  File "build-app.py", line 703, in cleanup_app
    if CLIOPTS.cleanupapp:
AttributeError: Values instance has no attribute 'cleanupapp'

I followed the OS X build instructions. (I also uninstalled all the Homebrew packages first before installing the ones mentioned in the instructions.)

It seems to me like the compilation is mostly done at that point and some of the final steps fail (I could be wrong). The Armory.app is there, but when I double-click on it nothing happens. Looking at Console.app, this is logged out when the Armory.app is double-clicked:

Code:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.armory.armory.569123[30321]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Any ideas?
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 05:50:04 PM

Yeah. I goofed and need to generate a PR to fix the build issue. Sorry about that! In the meantime, if you want to paste in the following line at line 62 of osxbuild/build-app.py, you'll be fine. I'll put together a PR after rebasing on my end.

Code:
parser.add_option('--cleanupapp',   dest='cleanupapp',  default=False, action='store_true', help='Delete Python files in the compiled application')
pf

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:34:18 PM

Yeah. I goofed and need to generate a PR to fix the build issue. Sorry about that! In the meantime, if you want to paste in the following line at line 62 of osxbuild/build-app.py, you'll be fine. I'll put together a PR after rebasing on my end.

Code:
parser.add_option('--cleanupapp',   dest='cleanupapp',  default=False, action='store_true', help='Delete Python files in the compiled application')

After adding your change, the compilation ran without any errors. But I still can't run Armory.app. When double-clicking on it (even if I copy it to /Applicaitons first), nothing happens, and Console.app logs out "Service exited with abnormal code: 1".

Any ideas?
droark

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 05:46:59 PM

Don't know about that one. Mine works fine. You may want to do a make clean and start from scratch to be safe.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:11:47 PM

Code:
parser.add_option('--cleanupapp',   dest='cleanupapp',  default=False, action='store_true', help='Delete Python files in the compiled application')

After adding your change, the compilation ran without any errors. But I still can't run Armory.app. When double-clicking on it (even if I copy it to /Applicaitons first), nothing happens, and Console.app logs out "Service exited with abnormal code: 1".

Any ideas?

Make sure 0.94 isn't pointed at a 0.93.x DB folder.

pf

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:48:37 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2016, 07:00:28 PM by pf

Code:

Any ideas?

Make sure 0.94 isn't pointed at a 0.93.x DB folder.
I tried that too (deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/Armory folder). Didn't work. Still getting "Service exited with abnormal code: 1". Any more ideas?

Update: When I go into the Armory.app/Contents/MacOS folder and double-click on the Armory binary there, the Terminal shows up and this error is displayed before the program quits:

Code:
joe-mac:~ joe$ /Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/Armory ; exit;
  File "/Applications/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/ArmoryQt.py", line 36, in <module>
    from twisted.internet.defer import Deferred
ImportError: No module named twisted.internet.defer
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Does this give you any clues about how to fix the problem?
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:27:06 PM

You have to install the Twisted Python package.

pf

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:40:42 PM

You have to install the Twisted Python package.
Thanks, this did the trick. Armory 0.94.1 is now running on my Mac. This is what I did on my OS X El Capitan:
Code:
sudo easy_install twisted
Maybe it would be a good idea to mention this in the OS X build notes. Thanks again!

You asked me not to point it to the older database, so it's starting from scratch now building the database. I presume I must do this. (Thankfully it's much faster due to the new smaller database size.)
droark

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

Update: When I go into the Armory.app/Contents/MacOS folder and double-click on the Armory binary there, the Terminal shows up and this error is displayed before the program quits:

Did you follow my instructions and do a make clean, followed by a complete rebuild? Long story short, assembly of the Armory package wasn't completed when you encountered the initial error; it just won't have everything you need, including Twisted, which is included inside the package (i.e., you shouldn't install it using brew).

Again, to be clear, there's no need to install Twisted on OS X; the build script takes care of that and downloads all the required runtime code. There's no need to update the documentation, at least in this regard. (Also, yes, I know the OS X build process is kinda wonky. Sorry. It's what was inherited a couple of years ago. It works but is far from ideal. Armory's former intern, Joseph, came up with a solution that would've been awesome. Alas, unless somebody's willing to spend days, if not weeks, rewriting his code from scratch, it can't be used.)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:25:46 AM

are these still the official build instructions for ubuntu?

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/master/linuxbuild/Linux_build_notes.md

do i need to delete my current BitcoinArmory directory before building as i am getting this error:

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory.git
fatal: destination path 'BitcoinArmory' already exists and is not an empty directory.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:32:02 AM

do i need to delete my current BitcoinArmory directory before building as i am getting this error:

yes. That's what it's telling you, and it means it. The other alternative is to execute the git command from a different directory, i.e. one in which no directory named BitcoinArmory exists. There is probably also a way of indicating to git that you want the target directory to have an alternative name, not sure what that is. Use "man git" or "git --help" for that.

Also, I would consider looking into using the "make install" command subsequent to make itself (perhaps specifically for Python/SWIG projects), as once you've ran make, the built application directory structure ends up in your home directory somewhere. The permissions set on those folders would allow external attackers to discover their existence, so the Armory executable & dependents are better off living in /usr/lib/ (where the Armory installer places them on Linux).

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:29:40 AM

@cypherdoc

If you just want to erase the 0.93.3 location and replace it with 0.94.1:

cd BitcoinArmory (or whatever path gets you to the BitcoinArmory directory)
git checkout master
git pull
make clean && make

Subsequently, you won't need the second line once you're definitively following the master branch.

Vires in numeris
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:57:12 PM

@cypherdoc

If you just want to erase the 0.93.3 location and replace it with 0.94.1:

cd BitcoinArmory (or whatever path gets you to the BitcoinArmory directory)
git checkout master
git pull
make clean && make

Subsequently, you won't need the second line once you're definitively following the master branch.

appears to have failed.  ran thru above steps and seemed ok.  but when launching, i still get 0.93.3:

Code:
~/BitcoinArmory$ python ArmoryQt.py
********************************************************************************
Loading Armory Engine:
   Armory Version:       0.93.3

/home/*/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/Transaction.py:2649: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
  def PyCreateAndSignTx_old(srcTxOuts, dstAddrsVals):
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:7074 - Socket already in use.  Sending CLI args to existing proc.
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:7078 - Exiting...

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:08:09 PM

I think you're probably still using the etotheipi repo. You need to run "git clone git://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory" to access goatpig's fork. Delete or rename the BitcoinArmory directory first (or you could run the git clone command from somewhere that is not your home directory)

Vires in numeris
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:09:37 PM

I think you're probably still using the etotheipi repo. You need to run "git clone git://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory" to access goatpig's fork.

yeah, probably.

does that mean i go to your first post and delete the entire BitcoinArmory folder with it's contents?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:12:49 PM

See above! I strongly suspect that's your issue (git checkout master can only have performed that exact command; etotheipi's master branch is still on 93.3, whereas the goatpig master branch is at 94.1)

Vires in numeris
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:32:42 PM

See above! I strongly suspect that's your issue (git checkout master can only have performed that exact command; etotheipi's master branch is still on 93.3, whereas the goatpig master branch is at 94.1)

does goatpig have 0.94.1 git tagged?:

Code:
Ubuntu:~/BitcoinArmory$ git tag -v v0.94.1
error: 811798a9282d216e0a450fe342d8a4671fee01d3: cannot verify a non-tag object of type commit.
error: could not verify the tag 'v0.94.1'
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:44:18 PM

He does. I suspect there's some minor error in the version string you're supplying, but that's only a guess. I don't make use of that particular git command, so can't help you specifically with it from off the top of my head unfortunately.

Vires in numeris
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:50:13 PM

He does. I suspect there's some minor error in the version string you're supplying, but that's only a guess. I don't make use of that particular git command, so can't help you specifically with it from off the top of my head unfortunately.

so i run make and make clean and even make install but still get this:

Code:
Ubuntu:~/BitcoinArmory$ python ArmoryQt.py
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 39, in <module>
    import CppBlockUtils as Cpp
ImportError: No module named CppBlockUtils

thanks for your help on this Carlton.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: