Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.94.1 is out  (Read 11858 times)
Stroto

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:28:55 PM

Question.

Is it possible to see the size of a tx before you send it? Either with direct sending or with the steps of creating an unsigned tx - sign & broadcast it?

I ask this because I made a transaction that had a huge size in kb and so an extremely low fee sats/bit that will take ages to confirm.

So next time I would like to prevent that.

You can look at the raw tx after signing it, in the offline signing/broadcasting dialog.

Thanks. I looked everywhere but didn't decode the Raw Tx  Roll Eyes

As of now there is no way to rebroadcast the tx with a higher fee right?

Any plans to implement replace by fee in a next update?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:00:27 PM

At some point but not in the next update. Doesn't matter for your particular case, the original tx would have to flag RBF to be replaceable anyways. You can always try a child pays for parent to hurry things up, some pools do prioritize those I believe.

Stroto

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:06:57 AM

I just waited it out. It took about 13 hours for a 3 sats/b tx.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:40:16 AM

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

You can choose the sat/b based on how long you wish to wait.  Bitpay in my experience accepts 0-confirmation payments, so you can use the lowest fee setting in mycelium.
Stroto

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 07:13:29 AM

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

You can choose the sat/b based on how long you wish to wait.  Bitpay in my experience accepts 0-confirmation payments, so you can use the lowest fee setting in mycelium.

It was not the fee that was the problem at first, it was the size of the tx as it was build up from all small inputs into one output. That made it almost 9kb. Normally my tx are between 200 and 800 b and my fee is slightly higher then average/ideal on tradeblock or blocktrail. So that is why my fee was 10 to 20 times lower then normal.
alomar

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:16:33 PM

i was having some unknown issues opening 0.94.1 with Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS in a VM.  once opened, i found one of my watching only wallets missing.  this persisted upon a reboot.  strange.  any ideas about why?

had to make a fresh restore of this watching wallet from the offline wallet and made one tx w/o any problems.  phew.  i noticed in the meantime that all Comments were gone.  is there any way to recover the original file with it's comments?  any problems wanting to do this?
ArmoryFanxx

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 12:36:06 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2016, 12:47:02 AM by ArmoryFanxx

Without fail Armory 0.94.1 crashes when it starts "Loading Database Headers".

I am fully in sync with Bitcoin Core. I did not have this issue with 0.93.3. OS: Windows 10.

Is there a layman's reason for upgrading to 94.1? Will 0.93.3 ever not be able to receive transfers while online?

https://i.imgur.com/0CICjhX.jpg

I appreciate any help regarding resolving this error, thank you very much.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 01:31:21 AM

My Windows 10 also barely worked and had permissions issues. I nuked it back to 7.

Try deleting the directory after backing up your wallet. Then import.

ArmoryFanxx

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 01:51:29 AM

My Windows 10 also barely worked and had permissions issues. I nuked it back to 7.

Try deleting the directory after backing up your wallet. Then import.
Thanks, so far I've tried the following:

• Ran the Armory uninstaller.
  • Deleted from the Program Files directory.
  • Reinstalled 0.94.1 and changed the name to NewArmory.

I haven't deleted \AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases because I figured I'd have to reimport and all that.

FWIW, I then reinstalled 0.93.3 and everything worked without crashing & I received transfers as normal. So I'm sort of wondering if there's any immediate reason I need to upgrade in the short-term aside from the DB not taking as much space with the new version.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 01:55:38 AM

Rename AppData\Roaming\Armory

ArmoryFanxx

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 02:06:35 AM

Thank you, looks like that did the trick, it is now building the database blocks. After it finishes I'll have to reimport my watch-only wallet since it was gone after I renamed the Roaming/Armory and reinstalled the 0.94.1. Hopefully no more crashes.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 02:36:16 AM

Thank you, looks like that did the trick, it is now building the database blocks. After it finishes I'll have to reimport my watch-only wallet since it was gone after I renamed the Roaming/Armory and reinstalled the 0.94.1. Hopefully no more crashes.

Yes just reimport. I've seen horrible permissions issues in win 10 for some reason. And admin actions aren't always root. M$ is scum and now they're tricking 7 users into upgrading.

Ano59

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:22:01 PM

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to build goatpig's Armory fork on Windows 10 x64 but as I'm quite a newbie I can't complete this task. I used this as a reference. I installed everything needed, including MVSE 2013. I then got several errors when trying to compile C++ parts, I got rid of some of them but then I got stuck.

Trying to compile "guardian" :
  • Success

Trying to compile "cryptopp" :
  • Error C4996: 'inet_addr': Use inet_pton() or InetPton() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (socketft.cpp #102) > Solved by adding a line in socketft.h : "#define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS"
  • Then success.

Trying to compile "LMDB_Win" :
  • Error C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned (mdb.c #6504) > Solved by replacing "sizeof(size_t)" by "INT_MIN" on this line
  • Error C2440: 'function': unable to convert 'DWORD (__cdecl *)(void *)' to 'LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE' (mdb.c #8776) > Still stuck here

Trying to compile "BitcoinArmory_CppTests" :
  • Error C4996: 'lseek': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _lseek. See online help for details. (blockdatamap.cpp #326) > Solved by replacing "lseek" by "_lseek" in blockdatamap.cpp, lines #326 and #327
  • Error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LMDB_Win_d.lib' > Still stuck here because of LMBD_Win compilation failure

Trying to compile "BitcoinArmory_SwigDLL" :
  • Error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LMDB_Win_d.lib' > Still stuck here because of LMBD_Win compilation failure

Would you mind helping a noob doing this quite difficult task ?
Thanks in advance.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:27:07 PM

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to build goatpig's Armory fork on Windows 10 x64 but as I'm quite a newbie I can't complete this task. I used this as a reference. I installed everything needed, including MVSE 2013. I then got several errors when trying to compile C++ parts, I got rid of some of them but then I got stuck.

Trying to compile "guardian" :
  • Success

Trying to compile "cryptopp" :
  • Error C4996: 'inet_addr': Use inet_pton() or InetPton() instead or define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS to disable deprecated API warnings (socketft.cpp #102) > Solved by adding a line in socketft.h : "#define _WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS"
  • Then success.

Trying to compile "LMDB_Win" :
  • Error C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned (mdb.c #6504) > Solved by replacing "sizeof(size_t)" by "INT_MIN" on this line
  • Error C2440: 'function': unable to convert 'DWORD (__cdecl *)(void *)' to 'LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE' (mdb.c #8776) > Still stuck here

Trying to compile "BitcoinArmory_CppTests" :
  • Error C4996: 'lseek': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _lseek. See online help for details. (blockdatamap.cpp #326) > Solved by replacing "lseek" by "_lseek" in blockdatamap.cpp, lines #326 and #327

Trying to compile "BitcoinArmory_SwigDLL" :

Would you mind helping a noob doing this quite difficult task ?
Thanks in advance.
I've run into this issue before. This is what goatpig told me to do:

In each project properties, browse to Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation.

Make Runtime Library is the same.

For Release it needs to be /MT.

For SwigDLL in debug, it needs to be /MT

For the CppTests in debug, it needs to be /MTd

Pick the proper option and rebuild CryptoPP, then the SwigDLL project (it is set to rebuild LMDB along)

Ano59

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:13:19 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2016, 02:06:56 PM by Ano59

Thanks for your answer, but it seems that I simply didn't select "Release" (and "x64") before building. I find Visual Studio's GUI to be a bit confusing for newbies.

I managed to build something, now I just have to try it. EDIT : It does work!
Wsbltc

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:46:59 PM

@goatpig, Why cannot broadcast offline transaction ? (ubuntu 16.04, bitcoin core 0.12.1)

Code:
2016-07-03 09:06 (INFO) -- ArmoryQt.py:3708 - Sending Tx, 6870e4566951051d137ab0f89ab3de327e587715b71969ebefe252f84d26e026
2016-07-03 09:06 (INFO) -- Networking.py:279 - sendTx called...
2016-07-03 09:06 (INFO) -- ArmoryQt.py:3710 - Transaction sent to Satoshi client...!
2016-07-03 09:10 (ERROR) -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/armory/qtdialogs.py", line 6283, in showContextMenuTxIn
    idx = self.txInView.selectedIndexes()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:54:22 PM

Tx was broadcasted, something GUI element failed after that.

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:38:41 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2016, 04:02:42 AM by visdude

I just discovered that when I double-click on an outgoing transaction on the main "Transactions" tab to display the Transaction Information (Windows 7), I get:

"The transaction you requested be displayed does not exist in Armory's database. This is unusual..."

Context Menu (right click)>View Details - yields the same result as above.
Context Menu>View on blockchain.info - works (opens the page) but says "Transaction not found"
Context Menu>Change Comment - works
Context Menu>Copy Transaction ID - does not work (no Tranx ID copied onto the clipboard and therefore cannot/nothing to paste)
Context Menu>Open Relevant Wallet - opens Wallet Properties of a totally different wallet

I already did "Rebuild and Rescan Databases", but to no avail. A Linux machine setup of the same wallets have the same issues. Outgoing Incoming transactions on both W7 and Linux machines are fine though.

Any thoughts?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 03:45:49 AM

I just discovered that when I double-click on an outgoing transaction on the main "Transactions" tab to display the Transaction Information (Windows 7), I get:

"The transaction you requested be displayed does not exist in Armory's database. This is unusual..."

Context Menu>View on blockchain.info - works (opens the page) but says "Transaction not found"
Context Menu>Copy Transaction ID - does not work (no Tranx ID copied onto the clipboard and therefore cannot/nothing to paste)
Context Menu>Open Relevant Wallet - opens Wallet Properties of a totally different wallet

I already did "Rebuild and Rescan Databases", but to no avail. A Linux machine setup of the same wallets have the same issues. Outgoing transactions on both W7 and Linux machines are fine though.

Any thoughts?

It's a known issue. There's a post somewhere here explaining it.

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:58:46 AM

I already did "Rebuild and Rescan Databases", but to no avail. A Linux machine setup of the same wallets have the same issues. Outgoing transactions on both W7 and Linux machines are fine though.

Any thoughts?

It's a known issue. There's a post somewhere here explaining it.
Oh! Sorry for missing the post. Thanks for the info.

Is a fix slated in the next release?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: