Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:40:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1984, BY George Orwell  (Read 2665 times)
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:27:02 AM

Have you read George Orwell?What do you think about police states, has not he made very accurate estimations?I have seen many topics about World War 3?Are you serious is it the world war 3?

Let me count some of the world wars: Korea, Vietnam, Afgan, etc....

There is a world war at every 10 years.What do you think?

Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:56:08 AM

We have a joke in Russia - Orwell: "I wrote the book as a warning, but not the instructions!"

I do not know in other countries, but in Russia everything by the book Orwell. Torture, political and religious inquisition, extremely cynical and total propaganda by the media. Militaristic hysteria. About the war with Russia, I think, and so everyone knows. As in the novel, cutting-edge news about the war, and not about what is happening in the country. Flows dirt and slander against the other countries.
People zombie and turned into obedient slaves, are no longer able to distinguish truth from falsehood, under pain of being punished.Even more so, people truly believe in what they say "big brother", it has become a habit. And who resists is the traitor - the thought criminal!

I think a third world war is a war of "information", and we lost it.
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:08:10 AM

1984 is  very realistic novel.As in the novel 'liberity' is loosing its place to 'slavery' with an accelerating speed.About 3rd world war, for me the thirld world war had already taken place in Korea.How do you define a world war?
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 06:13:31 AM

One of Orwell's main reasons for writing this "negative utopia" might have been to warn his readers against communism, but many years after his death and the fall of communism, we can also interpret it as a caution against the excessive power of mass media, or the immoderate power of any government.
Technological innovation should be at the service of men, and allow them to live better lives, but it can be used against them.

IYI

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:17:56 AM

It is forbidden to write here for critisize big brother, be carefull. You'll be executed after brainwashing Grin
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:37:08 AM

There is no difference between extreme regimes.Dictatorship is dictatorshi.p, does not differ if it is communism or fachism.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 06:42:57 AM

I think it is amazing how he predicted electronic spying in an age when television was a relatively new invention. He was definitely a visionary.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 07:14:22 AM

We have a joke in Russia - Orwell: "I wrote the book as a warning, but not the instructions!"

I do not know in other countries, but in Russia everything by the book Orwell. Torture, political and religious inquisition, extremely cynical and total propaganda by the media. Militaristic hysteria. About the war with Russia, I think, and so everyone knows. As in the novel, cutting-edge news about the war, and not about what is happening in the country. Flows dirt and slander against the other countries.
People zombie and turned into obedient slaves, are no longer able to distinguish truth from falsehood, under pain of being punished.Even more so, people truly believe in what they say "big brother", it has become a habit. And who resists is the traitor - the thought criminal!

I think a third world war is a war of "information", and we lost it.
[/quote

This saying is known in germany too and yes it really goes into the wrong direction. The thing is... if the governments wouldn't do it then someone other would do it. Simply because it can be done. The technical possibility is there.

I can imagine that russia is somewhat more near to the "instruction manual" than western countries. Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:18:40 AM

Orwell was absolutely beyond his time.

In his book the war was not between sides but among 3 sides.

So USA+UK  ;  CHINA+RUSSIA  ;  EUROPE

Where would you place India, Pakistan, Islamic States?Huh?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 08:48:44 AM

In 1984, Orwell defined the 3 super powers as "Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia", not by the name of countries specifically, but nations can be inferred to belong within those groups. One day one was the enemy and the other an ally, and the next day they switched. As you can see from a map I found on Wikipedia below, you can see he was even fairly accurate predicting the geopolitical aspects of current battles.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:07:24 AM

In 1984, Orwell defined the 3 super powers as "Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia", not by the name of countries specifically, but nations can be inferred to belong within those groups. One day one was the enemy and the other an ally, and the next day they switched. As you can see from a map I found on Wikipedia below, you can see he was even fairly accurate predicting the geopolitical aspects of current battles.

I thought there was no real war at all and all the war stories only served as an incentive for the citizens to work out of fear. So only to suppress them?

Maybe it is too far away when I watched that movie last time. Tongue

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:50:42 AM

The reality starts shaping like a hybrid of Orwell's/Huxley's ("Brave New World") visions of the future. Huxley was probably more accurate in his predictions, at least in relation to 'Western world'.

Huxley Vs Orwell in pictures:

http://highexistence.com/amusing-ourselves-to-death-huxley-vs-orwell/

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:34:08 PM

Maybe Orwell was fun of police states but i dont see any "1984" police state now.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:56:33 PM

I'd thoroughly recommend reading Orwell's 'Road To Wigan Pier'. Always gets overlooked by 1984 but it's still a classic (non fiction) book to read.

@catch.me.if.you.can

Just step out of your front door and you'll see.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:11:48 PM

One of Orwell's main reasons for writing this "negative utopia" might have been to warn his readers against communism, but many years after his death and the fall of communism, we can also interpret it as a caution against the excessive power of mass media, or the immoderate power of any government.
Technological innovation should be at the service of men, and allow them to live better lives, but it can be used against them.

perfectly agreed.. mass media can be more dangerous than any other political systems.. mass media moguls can manipulate information badly if they want to destroy society..
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:20:09 PM

I think it is amazing how he predicted electronic spying in an age when television was a relatively new invention. He was definitely a visionary.

He probably picked up a few ideas during WW2 when he worked for the BBC, which is maybe when he started thinking about the Ministry of Truth as he was creating and disseminating propaganda at the time.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 06:02:00 PM

The reality starts shaping like a hybrid of Orwell's/Huxley's ("Brave New World") visions of the future. Huxley was probably more accurate in his predictions, at least in relation to 'Western world'.

Huxley Vs Orwell in pictures:

http://highexistence.com/amusing-ourselves-to-death-huxley-vs-orwell/

That was a bunch of oversimplified Huxley dick sucking for the sole purpose of shilling a book. Stop wasting our time with that garbage.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:17:32 PM

I'd thoroughly recommend reading Orwell's 'Road To Wigan Pier'. Always gets overlooked by 1984 but it's still a classic (non fiction) book to read.

@catch.me.if.you.can

No, i dont see it. They failed to create a police state.
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:53:05 PM

1948 was a great novel Wink

2+2=5

After reading this book I went into a bit of a rabbithole of like minded books.
He gets joked about a lot but their is a lot of good points to crunch up in the mind for nourishment.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 06:59:52 PM

@catch.me.if.you.can

No, i dont see it. They failed to create a police state.

-NSA recording everything you do for future selective enforcement if you become politically inconvenient
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Police driving mine resistant tanks down the streets all over the country
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Removal of your right to due process because the police said they smelled something
NOT A POLICE STATE

-1% of the entire country's population in prison
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Losing your freedom for possessing a plant
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Having your home, car, and anything you own seized without criminal charges never to be returned
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Being 58 times more likely to die by a cop than a terrorist
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Normalized road side finger rape in full view of the public
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Running sting operations in high schools and harassing mentally disabled and other marginalized students into buying drugs
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Being arrested for resisting arrest
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Children's lemonade stands being shut down all over the country for not having the proper permits
NOT A POLICE STATE

-96% of crime committed by police not prosecuted
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Disciplining non-violent children in schools with violence, arrest, and criminal charges
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Blaming a baby in a crib for having its face burnt off by a police flashbang
NOT A POLICE STATE

-Requiring genital fondling or cancer causing radiation exposure in order to get on an airplane
NOT A POLICE STATE

I could do more but I am getting bored stating the obvious.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: