Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How kids can "earn" Bitcoin ?  (Read 84554 times)
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:07:09 AM

Kids can have it learn in school, if the teachers can give some information to them about the coins.
that the only method for kids learning

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jamesl22

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:14:11 AM

Kids can have it learn in school, if the teachers can give some information to them about the coins.

Kids enjoys carefree days in school, if earning money is taught to them in early days then I think it will complicate their lives and even can get confused either to study or start earning.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:00:56 AM

My kid wants to make some money.

I never cared much of those easy systems but seems it would work for him.

I gave him 2 faucets but i ALSO remember there was servers/games where one could make Bitcoin [or altcoin] just for playing.

Would you remind ?
I think that kids should not make money with Bitcoin, it is a good thing to teach them about Bitcoin for their future but it would be better if they just stick to school and other hobbies.
It all depends on the parent's teaching style and the dedication of the child. At this point, I wouldn't disagree with you about the child to stick to schooling and other hobbies rather than focusing on bitcoins. But as some would say, it is better to start at a young age.
NAMBLA Scientist, the

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:53:13 PM

This dangerous if children can get the money themselves

Nonsense. Such pernicious claims have been thoroughly debunked by scientific research.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:27:12 PM

When I was still not adult I used to play some poker with friends and try to make some money but it was very limiting since you cant' play in online poker for real money as underage, so i wish we had bitcoin back then to become professional poker players since the early days because you cant properly train if you arent playing for real money.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Nonsense. Such pernicious claims have been thoroughly debunked by scientific research.

I really don't understand what both of you guys are talking about here... How could it ever be "dangerous" to earn money? What research? I'm so lost.

Anyway this thread has become so overdone with the same comments it seems like... I think OP hasn't commented on this thread in a while.

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:36:32 PM

I really don't understand what both of you guys are talking about here... How could it ever be "dangerous" to earn money? What research? I'm so lost.

Anyway this thread has become so overdone with the same comments it seems like... I think OP hasn't commented on this thread in a while.
#1, OPs rarely comment on the thread after it starts growing. Chances are they get the information they need, and everyone else is just putting in their 2 cents.

#2, You could argue that it is dangerous for kids to earn money because they won't know how to properly handle it and could end up losing it, but personally I think that research is bunk and you shouldn't care about it. If you can teach a kid how to manage their money, then it shouldn't be an issue.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:42:29 PM

#1, OPs rarely comment on the thread after it starts growing. Chances are they get the information they need, and everyone else is just putting in their 2 cents.

#2, You could argue that it is dangerous for kids to earn money because they won't know how to properly handle it and could end up losing it, but personally I think that research is bunk and you shouldn't care about it. If you can teach a kid how to manage their money, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah I guess you got a point, but I would definitely want my kids to learn their mistakes about mishandling money they earned now (while its relatively a small amount) than later on in life when I potentially won't be able to care for them, etc. ... It's just funny to say that "a kid earning money is dangerous"... I guess that's just me, but it's not like kids are going to have the potential to die from a little business they have developed to earn money or whatever. I mean if that's the case, school, play dates, etc can be considered "dangerous".

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:49:16 PM

well, how kids learn bitcoin or how kids earn bitcoin??

Why think of putting kids quickly in the world of seriousness and earning money goals. Yes it's not wrong but let them do what they want at their age. If they really want bitcoin, they will seek for an advice.

I croschecked this, let them enjoy their age, playing, learning something new. How could majority here forced their child to earn bitcoin, that's not their responsibilty, that's our mine,
MingLee

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:00:38 PM

Yeah I guess you got a point, but I would definitely want my kids to learn their mistakes about mishandling money they earned now (while its relatively a small amount) than later on in life when I potentially won't be able to care for them, etc. ... It's just funny to say that "a kid earning money is dangerous"... I guess that's just me, but it's not like kids are going to have the potential to die from a little business they have developed to earn money or whatever. I mean if that's the case, school, play dates, etc can be considered "dangerous".
Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with you. I would rather my children screw up now and make mistakes as children instead of them having to make mistakes when they're older. Kids aren't going to die from a little business they may have, but very, very paranoid or helicopter-parent people could argue that they might piss someone off and get doxxed or whatever the hell. Never going to happen, but if it has a 0.00001% chance of happening, they'll lose their ship about it.
darkmagician

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:01:17 PM

well i suggest for you is to download apps on playstore,  there are lots of apps and games which pays you bitcoin,,
its too risky for little kids especially on thier eyes being in front on your pc for a long time, so its better for them earning on your phone.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:13:13 PM

it really depends on their age
they can use signature campaigns but that is a slow process
or if theyre older they may want to gamble a little

Based upon the age kids can be engaged in different activities. Few kids were interested in gaming, those can be taught about earning through games. For ages above 12 can be taught of faucets,captcha and signature campaign.
I doubt they would have known about this and about bitcoin forum itself. even if you explain the scheme on their taps would not know about it and if you memksanya to use the faucet. they will not last long to be in the faucet. because the kids will love the game

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 01:13:55 AM

Its very difficult to teach kids because they dont understand what is bitcoin, the first thing that i can think about is earning by playing game like flapper bird then by faucet but i dont think bitcoin is suitable for kids
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 01:27:40 AM

they can clean their room for 0.001BTC

just make sure they dont watch you type in your password to your online spending wallet. Cheesy

GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:23:40 AM

just make sure they dont watch you type in your password to your online spending wallet. Cheesy

Really nice idea Grin Or they can just wash dishes or maybe help you with other stuff for money and you will pay to them with bitcoin. I think you will be a good father/mother Wink

MingLee

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:42:57 AM

Really nice idea Grin Or they can just wash dishes or maybe help you with other stuff for money and you will pay to them with bitcoin. I think you will be a good father/mother Wink
An allowance of Bitcoin? Sounds like a pretty sound idea to me.

The only issue I can see is if Bitcoin moves in a downward trend and they see their allowance diminish in value, but it's a good way to give them exposure to the wild world of investments.
whoreble

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:54:02 AM

The only issue I can see is if Bitcoin moves in a downward trend and they see their allowance diminish in value, but it's a good way to give them exposure to the wild world of investments.

What would a kid spend bitcoin on? Assuming (s)he's not strung out/into gambling yet?
Or are kids expected to simply save their allowance nowadays?
MingLee

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:01:37 AM

What would a kid spend bitcoin on? Assuming (s)he's not strung out/into gambling yet?
Or are kids expected to simply save their allowance nowadays?
Well, I'd be saving my allowance, and I know people that are teaching their 6-year-olds the importance of saving, but that doesn't ring true for everyone.

Turn it into a lesson in patience, tell them they can "exchange" it with you/their parents when they reach xBTC or something? I don't know, but there might be something that someone can figure out that would be a valuable experience for their kids.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:03:44 AM

Kids will end up wasting their internet quota and didn't got anything precious except dust,kid shouldn't work,but kid should be educated for future purpose,when they're old enough for working and have well education, then they can easily earn a money
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:05:25 AM

Most of the kids here use signature campaigns for money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: