Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ActSeller scam me  (Read 2888 times)
Aleister Crowley (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:35:56 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 06:59:47 PM by Aleister Crowley

scammer profile link ActSeller  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=714774

i bought a full member potential hero in 31 january ago here is the bought and stolen account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148231
password has been reset in april 06 2016 , yesterday . reset via email (nobody know the email except ActSeller itself so he reset password via email). my bad i was not change the email.

shorena was the escrow , he can confirm it. also i will prove my PM conversation during the transaction.

btw is there any way to get my account back?

my sign message

Code:
-----BEGIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am aleister crowley from bitcointalk.org, today is April 09 2016. i confirm that i am the owner of account with username ctlaltdefeat since 31 january 2016 with btc staked address 12sArsJDvwySh5ZR71s1a2obv9pKKyawaf
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
IL11Ylmcq3XrGFDNR6KGi/CS4JgCoA8R24prPryAmvM3YxMn5vIj6uYwuKL3jFaXB9wmKZ6j7H15qiA4ff0y6ZY=
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:53:10 AM

maybe theymos will help you but why did you not changed the email in your profile to avoid recovery

Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:54:17 AM

maybe theymos will help you but why did you not changed the email in your profile to avoid recovery
it was my bad, did not noticed there is an email to recover Sad
ActSeller

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 11:47:43 AM

all accusations are false
I sold the account back in january, email address used on this account was ctlaltdefeat@bitcointalk.org
like I do with all my accounts, looks like user changed email and someone got access to the email address he used now he is claiming that I stolen his account back

is there anyway to check for account email that was changed after 31 january so we can know email was changed after purchasing the account, its not possible to reset password using @bitcointalk.org email address

I'm selling Cheapest Bitcoin Forum Accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1329306.0
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:43:30 PM

all accusations are false
I sold the account back in january, email address used on this account was ctlaltdefeat@bitcointalk.org
like I do with all my accounts, looks like user changed email and someone got access to the email address he used now he is claiming that I stolen his account back

is there anyway to check for account email that was changed after 31 january so we can know email was changed after purchasing the account, its not possible to reset password using @bitcointalk.org email address
it's weird, since i never change email in that account. how could the account reset via email?
i guess noody have an access to email except original owner and it's you.
ActSeller

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 02:54:32 PM

it's weird, since i never change email in that account. how could the account reset via email?
that email address can't accessed by anyone not even me
so possibilities are you changed the email, it has been 2 and half months so maybe you forgot the email you added

I am ready for any kind of investigation, hope there is a way to check when email was changed so everyone know i didn't reset the password

I'm selling Cheapest Bitcoin Forum Accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1329306.0
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:05:50 PM

that email address can't accessed by anyone not even me
so possibilities are you changed the email, it has been 2 and half months so maybe you forgot the email you added

I am ready for any kind of investigation, hope there is a way to check when email was changed so everyone know i didn't reset the password

okay i'll keep Presumption of Innocence , but can you answer my question? is that account created by you since beginning?
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:07:43 PM

okay since ActSeller claim the account was not created by him since beginning , i will reveal all i have found so far.

1. first 100 post of ctlaltdefeat posts in fairlay thread see posts history here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148231;sa=showPosts;start=340

2. first post when my account stolen was in fairlay thread, which i think the stolen was the original owner/ before me and actseller, see pic below

post history https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=148231;sa=showPosts

3. since actseller won't tell me from who he bought the account , i am asky your opinions guys.

should actseller reveal from who he have bought the account? so i can make research to find who exactly the thief here?
or any suggestion?

please i need your help.
zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:38:35 PM

it's your fault to not change email address to take it full control after you bought these account, i hope he would give back to you.
ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:39:36 PM

the email was @bitcointalk.org at the end how he would recover it using the e-mail?

xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:41:50 PM

Are you sure you didn't enter the password on a fake page designed to look like bitcointalk.org?

If not, this is the risk of buying accounts. Expect it to keep happening even if you secure your account next time. Hacked accounts are sometimes given back or ruined with negative trust.
TheChang

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:58:24 PM

how is it going on here i need 1 account where to contact  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 08:46:18 PM

Is there anything I can do? I still have all PMs and the PGP signed agreement.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:48:50 PM

Did you ever check the email address the account was using? That would clear things up if it was indeed ctlaltdefeat@bitcointalk.org as the seller wouldn't be able to reset password by email.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 09:22:15 PM

Did you ever check the email address the account was using? That would clear things up if it was indeed ctlaltdefeat@bitcointalk.org as the seller wouldn't be able to reset password by email.

I never accessed the account. I prefer to only hold the funds, ActSeller did expect me to hold the account and hold the funds at the same time though. We did it my way this time and switched to ActSellers system for other trades. The point of me holding the account is to verify that it is like described. Its essentially seller protection to make sure the buyer has no reason to back off because of the name. Thus even in those cases where I accessed the account I did not check the mail, nor do I keep a record of it.

I do advise to change the password, mail address as well as the security question (or remove it). Its part of the default text for account trades. I always assumed the buyers would do these steps, as they are quite important to actually secure the account.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:48:51 PM

I never accessed the account. I prefer to only hold the funds, ActSeller did expect me to hold the account and hold the funds at the same time though. We did it my way this time and switched to ActSellers system for other trades. The point of me holding the account is to verify that it is like described. Its essentially seller protection to make sure the buyer has no reason to back off because of the name. Thus even in those cases where I accessed the account I did not check the mail, nor do I keep a record of it.

I do advise to change the password, mail address as well as the security question (or remove it). Its part of the default text for account trades. I always assumed the buyers would do these steps, as they are quite important to actually secure the account.
When you handle account trades like this, it will be very difficult to mediate a dispute.

You are risking that someone along the following happens:
-Buyer sends BTC into the escrow address
-Seller changes password to an account that matches the description of what is being sold
-Seller provides a username and what he claims to be a password to the account being sold to the buyer directly (and if applicable a signed message)
-Password on the account being sold is changed a second time (per the seclog)
-Buyer claims that the password he was provided does not work
You have no real way of knowing which party is telling the truth in this case

A better (at least IMO) escrow procedure for handling forum accounts would be as follows:
-Both parties agree to the terms of the trade
-Buyer sends BTC to escrow address
-Seller provides escrow the username and password (and signed message if applicable) of the account being sold
-Escrow changes the password, the email and removes the security question
-Escrow forwards the buyer the username and the changed password
-Escrow releases BTC to seller

It is usually best to have the terms of the trade laid out specifically and clearly, and to rely on the word of each party as little as possible so in the event of a dispute, it would be difficult to get questioned about possibly releasing BTC to the wrong party.
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:01:53 PM

Are you sure you didn't enter the password on a fake page designed to look like bitcointalk.org?

If not, this is the risk of buying accounts. Expect it to keep happening even if you secure your account next time. Hacked accounts are sometimes given back or ruined with negative trust.
i know how phising site work, so i am sure 100% never logging in from phising site.
i am sure the thief was the original owner as i stated above .
first post when the account get hacked are on fairlay thread which it was similar post on first 100 post ( frequently post on fairlay thread )
so i assume the thief was the original owner.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

i know how phising site work, so i am sure 100% never logging in from phising site.
first post when the account get hacked are on fairlay thread which it was similar post on first 100 post ( frequently post on fairlay thread )

What was the e-mail address in the profile when you purchased the account? If it was the fake one @bitcointalk.org (the only semi-plausible reason that I can think of for not changing it) then the original owner could not have regained access to the account. So what was it?
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:34:26 PM

What was the e-mail address in the profile when you purchased the account? If it was the fake one @bitcointalk.org (the only semi-plausible reason that I can think of for not changing it) then the original owner could not have regained access to the account. So what was it?
it was @bitcointalk.org yeah i am sure , and looks like between remember and forgot i change the email to ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com . think that i can create gmail account with ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com and unfortunately it's already taken. this maybe the reason password could recover via ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com.

what can i do now ? Sad
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 11:51:36 PM

it was @bitcointalk.org yeah i am sure , and looks like between remember and forgot i change the email to ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com . think that i can create gmail account with ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com and unfortunately it's already taken. this maybe the reason password could recover via ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com.

what can i do now ? Sad

Nothing. You basically gifted the account.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: