Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ActSeller scam me  (Read 2888 times)
Aleister Crowley (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:05:53 AM

Are you sure you didn't enter the password on a fake page designed to look like bitcointalk.org?

If not, this is the risk of buying accounts. Expect it to keep happening even if you secure your account next time. Hacked accounts are sometimes given back or ruined with negative trust.
i know how phising site work, so i am sure 100% never logging in from phising site.
i am sure the thief was the original owner as i stated above .
first post when the account get hacked are on fairlay thread which it was similar post on first 100 post ( frequently post on fairlay thread )
so i assume the thief was the original owner.

What was the e-mail address in the profile when you purchased the account? If it was the fake one @bitcointalk.org (the only semi-plausible reason that I can think of for not changing it) then the original owner could not have regained access to the account. So what was it?
it was @bitcointalk.org yeah i am sure , and looks like between remember and forgot i change the email to ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com . think that i can create gmail account with ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com and unfortunately it's already taken. this maybe the reason password could recover via ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com.

what can i do now ? Sad

Nothing. You basically gifted the account.
okay , i thought you would like to help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:08:31 AM

Are you sure you didn't enter the password on a fake page designed to look like bitcointalk.org?

If not, this is the risk of buying accounts. Expect it to keep happening even if you secure your account next time. Hacked accounts are sometimes given back or ruined with negative trust.
i know how phising site work, so i am sure 100% never logging in from phising site.
first post when the account get hacked are on fairlay thread which it was similar post on first 100 post ( frequently post on fairlay thread )

What was the e-mail address in the profile when you purchased the account? If it was the fake one @bitcointalk.org (the only semi-plausible reason that I can think of for not changing it) then the original owner could not have regained access to the account. So what was it?
it was @bitcointalk.org yeah i am sure , and looks like between remember and forgot i change the email to ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com . think that i can create gmail account with ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com and unfortunately it's already taken. this maybe the reason password could recover via ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com.

what can i do now ? Sad

I don't think anyone can help at this point.

Sorry, looks like that account is gone for good unless whoever has it hands it over.
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:23:40 AM

what can i do now ? Sad

Sorry, looks like that account is gone for good unless whoever has it hands it over.
even i have sign message from quoted unedited staked address?
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:39:15 AM

what can i do now ? Sad

Doubt it will do any good. Your best chance of getting the account back would be making a deal with whoever has it now.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 01:55:26 AM

That's the message you got with the purchase, right?

You can try sending a PM to theymos but I think he will require to sign a new message.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:57:10 AM

You can try sending a PM to theymos but I think he will require to sign a new message.

I know account selling it allowed and all, but there's a reason for that. I just don't see theymos taking time out of his day to get involved in these type of sales.
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:59:33 AM

Thanks!
i've pm theymos with newest message.

i hope he could take time to read my pm.
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:17:54 AM

I am the original owner of the account...
bazar165g

Activity: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:49:44 AM

Interesting , that all people are claiming about the same.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

No, there's a single person (likely Russian from his post history on my account) claiming to have bought the account.
Meanwhile, I have access to the username "ctlaltdefeat" on a large number of sites for a long time now, as well as obviously having access to the email registered to the account in order to reset the password...
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:25:54 PM

No, there's a single person (likely Russian from his post history on my account) claiming to have bought the account.
Meanwhile, I have access to the username "ctlaltdefeat" on a large number of sites for a long time now, as well as obviously having access to the email registered to the account in order to reset the password...

acctseller please confirm here and shorena if you could help me

here are my proof that i bought ctlaltdefeat account from acctseller

spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:11:17 PM

Call me stupid if ya like, whats the point in buying an account here? I mean, its free to start one right? What am I missing?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 03:25:39 PM

Call me stupid if ya like, whats the point in buying an account here? I mean, its free to start one right? What am I missing?

Pretend to be more trusted than you are, i.e. scam.

Make some pennies in sig campaigns, i.e. spam.

So you're saying that ActSeller, Aleister Crowley, and possibly shorena are lying? And if they are why did you need to reset the password if the account had not been sold?
ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:31:56 PM

So you're saying that ActSeller, Aleister Crowley, and possibly shorena are lying? And if they are why did you need to reset the password if the account had not been sold?

No, I definitely did not have access to the account for a few months and had a relative lack of interest in using this website during this time (as well as being busy).
It seems quite likely that my account was indeed hacked and sold. As I'm sure we're all aware, theymos and bitcointalk don't exactly have a pristine reputation when it comes to safeguarding from exploits and leaking user data.
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:43:36 PM

No, I definitely did not have access to the account for a few months and had a relative lack of interest in using this website during this time (as well as being busy).
It seems quite likely that my account was indeed hacked and sold. As I'm sure we're all aware, theymos and bitcointalk don't exactly have a pristine reputation when it comes to safeguarding from exploits and leaking user data.

so is this your email ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com ?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 03:54:07 PM

Let's start with the basics. Can you post a signed message?

Stop blaming the forum, this has nothing to do with that.
ctlaltdefeat

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:51:16 PM

so is this your email ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com ?

The email ctlaltdefeat@yahoo.com is mine, which is what the account is registered with. I don't know where you came up with ctlaltdefeat@gmail.com. Earlier on you mentioned ctlaltdefeat@bitcointalk.org. Are you just making up email addresses?

Let's start with the basics. Can you post a signed message?

Stop blaming the forum, this has nothing to do with that.

A signed message with what key? What are you talking about?

Are you not familiar with the many instances of exposed and leak accounts, and the various incompentent/shoddy practices of theymos? You must be new here. I suggest you read up, maybe then you will "allow" me to assign blame to your precious forum.
mcb1221
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:03:37 PM

I think You Probably don't know anything about Digital signature , anyways I leave it you to get explained from other members.
Can you let me know , if your account was not for sale then why you were building Potential , i mean why posting once or twice in 14 days interval?

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
Aleister Crowley (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:13:07 PM

@ctlaltdefeat
how could you reset via email?
the account was belong to me in 31 january till you reset the password in April 06.
thing that make me curious is, why you comeback here after lost account for couple months?
also why you did not open accussation like this when your account lost?

i need actseller confirmation about this, have pm'ed him but got nothing yet.

anyway i have updated op with my sign message.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:37:27 PM

With a Bitcoin address that you had previously staked or otherwise posted.

How to:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

Are you not familiar with the many instances of exposed and leak accounts, and the various incompentent/shoddy practices of theymos? You must be new here. I suggest you read up, maybe then you will "allow" me to assign blame to your precious forum.

Yes, I'm a total noob but still capable of choosing a unique and sufficiently complex password.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: