Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITLANDGLOBAL]|ICO|Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 3093 times)
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:50:50 PM

30 million Cadastrals were created in one block. 21 million Cadastrals will be sold during the ICO hosted by Crypto Currency Exchange Denmark(CCEDK). The remaining 9 million is allotted for distribution over 99 years for various purposes. At the completion of phase two of the crowd sale, all unsold Cadastrals will be added to the reserve and all purchased Cadastrals will be released for immediate trade. The funds raised will be apportioned directly to laying the operational infrastructure in Ghana. Future use of the token will be to register land titles, settle disputes, sell land, purchase property, and issue microloans for residential/commercial/industrial development. 20% of the network profit will be utilized to support the tokens on the open market. The Bitland reserve will hold multiple denominations of currencies, commodities, and will always keep a portion of currency from any country in which BitLand has a presence as part of the basket. Ghana is only the beginning.

It seems that this project is very ambitious and you try to do a lot of things at once.

But how does the network make a profit exactly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:16:47 PM

30 million Cadastrals were created in one block. 21 million Cadastrals will be sold during the ICO hosted by Crypto Currency Exchange Denmark(CCEDK). The remaining 9 million is allotted for distribution over 99 years for various purposes. At the completion of phase two of the crowd sale, all unsold Cadastrals will be added to the reserve and all purchased Cadastrals will be released for immediate trade. The funds raised will be apportioned directly to laying the operational infrastructure in Ghana. Future use of the token will be to register land titles, settle disputes, sell land, purchase property, and issue microloans for residential/commercial/industrial development. 20% of the network profit will be utilized to support the tokens on the open market. The Bitland reserve will hold multiple denominations of currencies, commodities, and will always keep a portion of currency from any country in which BitLand has a presence as part of the basket. Ghana is only the beginning.

It seems that this project is very ambitious and you try to do a lot of things at once.

But how does the network make a profit exactly?

The initial initiative is meant to establish a system that does not tax the users for using the software, and the users are only charged if they submit a land survey and their new plot is registered.  Future government contracts will use Cadastrals to register any new government lands as part of the project, so direct sales to governments will be the major source of revenue for the project in the future.  This way, it is governments paying to implement solutions that make their systems more transparent, and the poorest populations don't have to pay for the development process, and their governments are paying.

While the project is ambitious, we have seen that the blockchain solutions by themselves won't save developing countries.  It will take a strong educational initiative and a reliable infrastructure to make this actually work.

Chris

dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:19:46 PM

you could just record this kind of stuff on Factom or Radium...

this is more like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTFauI8INY
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:21:41 PM

you could just record this kind of stuff on Factom or Radium...

this is more like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTFauI8INY

No you can't.

Factom isn't set up to handle doing land surveys.  Factom is a general recording database and is not meant to be specialized for land titles

I was actually a community leader on the Factom team.  I am also currently a community leader for Synereo.

Same issue with Radium.  It is like equating SQL and Openmap.  These databases are meant for general record keeping, and not specific to a use.  Bitland is strictly focused on registering land titles and deeds.  In addition to being able to use the application to take the survey using GPS, users will be able to submit requests and make claims through the application as well.  

In effect, this is nothing like Factom or Radium.  Also, Factom and Radium don't have plans for developing countries.  Their systems rely on first world development.

Chris

Edit:

I am the same "Chris Bates" from this Synereo Hangout Wink

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:34:48 PM

this is a joke...not more.worst way to scam ppl

just go back to mastcoin and try to get it back to life! but dont try to scam other ppl

u cant tell me that chris bates is ur real name..

nobody in the ANONYMOUS crypto world will sign his posts with his name thats first....there are few more things...but just try it and hope for stupid btc porkys

I am having difficulty deciphering what I think is supposed to be English in your post. Are you saying it is a scam because they are NOT anonymous and you just feel his name is not "real"? These guys have had a lot of media coverage and conference talks. Seems like it is a very worthy cause, not some get rich scheme. The one mistake they may have made is posting here on Bitcointalk where morons think they are clever.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 06:41:23 PM

this is a joke...not more.worst way to scam ppl

just go back to mastcoin and try to get it back to life! but dont try to scam other ppl

u cant tell me that chris bates is ur real name..

nobody in the ANONYMOUS crypto world will sign his posts with his name thats first....there are few more things...but just try it and hope for stupid btc porkys

I am having difficulty deciphering what I think is supposed to be English in your post. Are you saying it is a scam because they are NOT anonymous and you just feel his name is not "real"? These guys have had a lot of media coverage and conference talks. Seems like it is a very worthy cause, not some get rich scheme. The one mistake they may have made is posting here on Bitcointalk where morons think they are clever.

Lol, I think we will be friends sir!

Cheers Smiley

Chris

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:14:34 PM

Just finished reading whitepapper. If you are a scammer than you are a brilliant one. If you are not (I think you are not) than accept  my apologies. Future will tell....I think I"ll invest some...
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:37:17 PM

Just finished reading whitepapper. If you are a scammer than you are a brilliant one. If you are not (I think you are not) than accept  my apologies. Future will tell....I think I"ll invest some...
If this is a scam it is a good one. A lot of work has gone into it.
Will continue to follow.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 09:15:54 PM

Cheers sir!

Smiley

Chris

eB101

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:34:56 PM

Interesting.. First, I like the taste of the projects you supported (Factom and Synereo are both really good ones in my opinion).
I will follow this.

But I do have to ask this - are you or one of the founders related to the original Bitland project?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398826.msg5037402#msg5037402

I was one of the investors there. It was not a real scam per say, but it was left for later launch. And I quote:

Due to delay as mentioned earlier, BitLand target launch is Q4 2014 (around the same time Ethereum Launches)
Hopefully once project launched, BitLand will find a way to provide early donors an advantage over any funding model/IPO launched in the future.

Now, I realise it may have nothing to do with it, but there is also this possibility of a more refined project to what this was, 2 years later.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 01:03:49 PM

Interesting.. First, I like the taste of the projects you supported (Factom and Synereo are both really good ones in my opinion).
I will follow this.

But I do have to ask this - are you or one of the founders related to the original Bitland project?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398826.msg5037402#msg5037402

I was one of the investors there. It was not a real scam per say, but it was left for later launch. And I quote:

Due to delay as mentioned earlier, BitLand target launch is Q4 2014 (around the same time Ethereum Launches)
Hopefully once project launched, BitLand will find a way to provide early donors an advantage over any funding model/IPO launched in the future.

Now, I realise it may have nothing to do with it, but there is also this possibility of a more refined project to what this was, 2 years later.

Hello,

I am actually very glad you brought this up!  So, back in 2015, Nari approached me about the Bitland Project asking if I could help out in any way.  I looked over the project, and saw that he was trying to do something revolutionary, but did not have the funding.  So, at that point, I told Nari that I would help out the project.  When I joined the team, I convinced Nari to completely revamp his approach to the project, and for the past 2 years he has been focused on making connections in the local government, and connections with potential clients.  Meanwhile, the team has been working to understand the complexities of Ghanaian real estate so that the project is completely in line with all the necessary requirements and expectations.  

In 2014, not many people truly understood the complexity of creating enterprise scale software, so many people's development estimates were skewed.  Whenever I started working with Nari, I explained to him that what he was attempting to do was a MUCH larger scope than he had anticipated, and in order to do it correctly we would need much more extensive planning and time to execute the project.

So, in a nutshell, that is how the project has developed since 2014.  

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 02:15:12 PM

Bitland on Forbes.com Wink

Bitland's African Blockchain Initiative Putting Land On The Ledger

"A new Blockchain-based initiative in West Africa aims to stamp out corruption and is touting to “free up trillions of dollars” in locked capital for infrastructure development. It’s a bold stab by a bunch of tech pioneers from the US, Denmark, Ghana and further afield at fighting government corruption and empowering people through legal ownership.

Blockchain technology, which underpins Bitcoin and has been the inspiration for other cryptocurrencies, functions as a powerful decentralized ledger that records every transaction and stores information on a global network that cannot be interfered with. Not surprisingly a number of banks see blockchain technology as being ripe to be leveraged in areas including exchanges and remittances.

As such, the blockchain offers huge advantages in cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the “immutable nature of decentralized ledgers” according to one of the pioneers behind the new initiative, Ronny Boesing, CEO and founder of Danish cryptocurrency exchange CCEDK.

However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated. Still, the project from Bitland, a development platform embracing an educational initiative, aims to show the local population how the new technology can bring their country into the future. The mission itself has been outlined in a 22-page white paper.

“Bitland puts the human element back into the decentralization movement by bringing blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face,” says Boesing.

The organization reveals that its goal is to provide services that allow individuals and groups to survey land and record title deeds on the Bitland blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as a liaison with the government to help resolve disputes."

It's about 1500 words, so I didn't want to post the whole thing.

Cheers!

Chris

pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:28:43 PM

Received an email my rich uncle in Nigeria has left me money. Will transfer that money into the coin.

Blockchain technology
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:37:15 PM

Did you guys advertised this crowdsale anywhere else besides bitcointalk?
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:25:44 PM

It seems advertised on the website and even the Forbes article that is linked above. Not sure where else they promoted it, I had not heard of it before it got posted here.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 05:36:24 PM

Received an email my rich uncle in Nigeria has left me money. Will transfer that money into the coin.

We would appreciate if you would leave the Nigerian prince jokes in 2007 where they belong Wink

Cheers!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 05:38:11 PM

The crowdsale ANN has been posted on Bitshares forum, and we have been campaigning on Twitter and Facebook.  There are a few podcasts lined up within the coming week, so stay tuned!

I did a podcast with Minter Dial last month which didn't directly advertise the ICO, but he has been very active advertising for Bitland.

https://player.fm/series/minter-dialogue-podcast-on-branding-digital-marketing/bitland-blockchain-technology-applied-to-land-cadastres-with-chris-bates-mde185

Cheers

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:17:59 PM

It seems advertised on the website and even the Forbes article that is linked above. Not sure where else they promoted it, I had not heard of it before it got posted here.

The project has been getting a lot of love from Europe.  We won a Netexplo World Innovation Award earlier this year.  Netexplo was sponsored by UNESCO and hosted by the French Senate at Dauphine University in Paris, so it was pretty surreal to be able to present this project on that scale.  It is also surreal to see how separate the European and American fintech worlds are.

I have been invited back to speak at the Viva Technology conference to present the project and how it can help establish open governments.  

Cheers!  

Chris

AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:26:10 PM

you got the nigerian serial scammer vibe too?
those guys are pros.. man FOR REAL.
ill watch this develop but not touching personally
Nordicbeast

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:39:17 PM

This looks really interesting. Will keep following Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: