Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:55:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RayBrady reversed payment on 0.51BTC purchase  (Read 1092 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:35:23 AM

What happened:: RayBrady reversed payment on 0.51BTC purchase

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=602532

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1357971.0
Amount Scammed: $216 for 0.51BTC
Payment Method: PayPal (Goods/Services)
Proof of Payment: https://blockchain.info/tx/329bc5bdca476d5bb503b592efb4a2488d9d319cbf21745dff2f7d1f67c69601
PM/Chat Logs: quoted below
Additional Notes:

$216 PayPal in USD atm, looking for Bitcoin. Saw your thread, if you can do this for me tonight maybe we can deal now, just reply within a couple mins before I hit the sheets

Wink - Ray

That'd get you 0.5BTC

That'd get you 0.5BTC

Okay. I assume, I go first? You think you can? If I am, e-mail to send to + terms?

Paypal can be sent to sales@gekkoscience.com - send it as goods. Or should I invoice you?

I'll need your receive address for the coins. And you consent to a butt-kickin' if you reverse the transaction on me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Coon Chicken Inn sent you $216.00 USD
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Transaction ID: 5RW21773JV124671U
Hello GekkoScience,

Just thought you'd like to know Coon Chicken Inn sent you $216.00 USD.

Get the details
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_view-a-trans&id=5RW21773JV124671U

Paypal can be sent to sales@gekkoscience.com - send it as goods. Or should I invoice you?

I'll need your receive address for the coins. And you consent to a butt-kickin' if you reverse the transaction on me.

Yah sent it as goods.  Grin Grin don't worry about a reversal from me.

14p5WDgtQM8bn7LtyfS9AEWicXr6NAnaqd

Well I wasn't worried about a reversal last time either and the jackass reversed it in like 40 minutes. Try to do a guy a favor, lose $200.

Well I wasn't worried about a reversal last time either and the jackass reversed it in like 40 minutes. Try to do a guy a favor, lose $200.

Yeah I've experienced similar. PayPal's terrible at handling the situations too. Either they roll dice to see who wins, or the people who look into the disputes just skim over it in half a second, see if evidence is given on either side, and then clicks red or blue.

Not really worth it on my side, not only for my rep, but my actual PayPal account too. (Yeah, I value it (yes, a positive number) Grin)

Well anyways, it's sent now.

https://blockchain.info/tx/329bc5bdca476d5bb503b592efb4a2488d9d319cbf21745dff2f7d1f67c69601

Well anyways, it's sent now.

Confirmed received. Thanks again, left some trust. Have a good night  Wink

Hello GekkoScience,

An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed against the
following transaction.

Buyer's name: Coon Chicken Inn
Buyer's email: coonchicken@outlook.com
Transaction ID: 89U058393T2626505

Transaction date: Apr 6, 2016
Transaction amount: $216.00 USD
Your transaction ID: 5RW21773JV124671U
Case number: PP-004-733-175-093

So uh, so I just got notice of a PayPal reversal. Is this a mistake, or are you in fact a bastard? Just figured I should check before throwing a fit in public, in case it's a mistake.

If he gets this cleared up soon, I'll take it down. But for now, I've heard nothing back and must proceed on the assumption that RayBrady is either a right bastard or an account hacked by one.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2221

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:19:25 PM

Why would s/he stop and leave you positive trust / feedback if they were going to scam?

sidehack 44: -0 / +6   2016-04-07   0.50000000      I sent first, sidehack was responsive and completed the deal quickly.

Am I missing something?

sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:27:49 PM

Why would s/he stop and leave you positive trust / feedback if they were going to scam?

sidehack 44: -0 / +6   2016-04-07   0.50000000      I sent first, sidehack was responsive and completed the deal quickly.

Am I missing something?

They left the trust as soon as the deal got completed & after 24 hours of deal completion they reversed the payment.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:35:41 PM

I got an email from PayPal just a bit ago and the case is resolved in my favor. So either they ruled on it or the claim was dropped. No communication from RayBrady yet.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:36:56 PM

Am I missing something?

They left the trust as soon as the deal got completed & after 24 hours of deal completion they reversed the payment.

Ah ok, thanks - makes sense sort of...

I wonder if this person was one half of the 50/50 PayPal scam being touted elsewhere on the forum?

ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:44:16 PM

I got an email from PayPal just a bit ago and the case is resolved in my favor. So either they ruled on it or the claim was dropped. No communication from RayBrady yet.

I am happy for you that you got your money back now you should take this trade as warning and not doing any more paypal deals for such high ammount + he is only full member so the account is never worth that much money.

Such people are the reason why no one like to take paypal for bitcoins anymore

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:47:34 PM

Yeah, I'm out of the game. I've got a short list of people I do trust, and anyone else is SOL. I'll chalk up selling coin as a failure and go back to the hardware forum.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 02:43:00 AM

W0W so you got the money back!?!

I've NEVER seen that. 

Congrats if you did dude.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
FriendlyChemist

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:54:30 AM

Brother can you tel us how or what you replied to Paypal investigators such that the case was in your favor , all i find is that whenever there is case of unauthorized payment then there is loss of receiver.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:41:28 AM

It could have been some sort of error, honestly. RayBrady messaged me this afternoon:

So uh, so I just got notice of a PayPal reversal. Is this a mistake, or are you in fact a bastard? Just figured I should check before throwing a fit in public, in case it's a mistake.

I'm here, I just saw this, and no it was not on purpose. Just got back, going to call up and see what the fuck they want.

So it could be that somehow the transaction was flagged erroneously and then unflagged. I haven't heard more from him yet regarding what he might have found out. If it turns out to be the case, this thread is moot.

But really all I did was give PayPal the exact same info I put in the first post here.

ElMoIsEviL

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:03:22 PM

Paypal will mark it as on hold or under investigation but not as unauthorized if he did not called paypal or filled it online and by accident he can not do it because it needs a few clicks to do so i think he failed and now try to safe his account

rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:24:35 PM

Paypal will mark it as on hold or under investigation but not as unauthorized if he did not called paypal or filled it online and by accident he can not do it because it needs a few clicks to do so i think he failed and now try to safe his account

i find this as an annoying post.

You don't pay enough.
ElMoIsEviL

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:28:15 PM

Why? Call paypal or ask other people paypal will not mark it by themself as  unauthorized account activity but sorry that i posted what i think i will remove it if you are more happy

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/?cmd=xpt/CaseManagement/general/WFUnAuthIntTransID-outside

rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:39:03 PM

Why? Call paypal or ask other people paypal will not mark it by themself as  unauthorized account activity but sorry that i posted what i think i will remove it if you are more happy

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/?cmd=xpt/CaseManagement/general/WFUnAuthIntTransID-outside

can you please post in the off-topic section rather than shit posting everywhere.

You don't pay enough.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:10:25 PM

Can you please leave if you're not going to contribute to the conversation, but instead rail against people who are?

xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:14:18 PM

It could have been some sort of error, honestly. RayBrady messaged me this afternoon:

I'm here, I just saw this, and no it was not on purpose. Just got back, going to call up and see what the fuck they want.

So it could be that somehow the transaction was flagged erroneously and then unflagged. I haven't heard more from him yet regarding what he might have found out. If it turns out to be the case, this thread is moot.

But really all I did was give PayPal the exact same info I put in the first post here.

You might have been lucky enough to get a inexperienced kid who tried to pull a fast one without understanding how PayPal and unauthorized claims work.

This is rare so you shouldn't let this one win change your mind on selling for PayPal again.
suchmoon
Legendary

Merit: 8985

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:17:19 PM

Sometimes PayPal does flag transactions automatically for a 24-hour review, but:

1) this is usually done immediately after payment
2) one of your quotes in the OP says "An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed", which implies that the sender filed a claim. A review would sound something like this "SCAM SCAMMER just sent you money with PayPal. To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment."

Anyway, the good news is that you got it back and the sender can't file another claim for the same reason. Hopefully it's just some kind of misunderstanding but still watch out for "item not delivered", "not as described", or a credit card chargeback. PayPal is the worst for BTC trades.
ElMoIsEviL

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:25:30 PM

Sorry to tell you suchmoon he can still make appeal and it will be again on hold and his money will he on hold

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:43:26 AM

Sorry to tell you suchmoon he can still make appeal and it will be again on hold and his money will he on hold

@ElMoIsEviL What happened to your Elmo pic over yonder ^---- ?

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:04:03 PM

i would avoid using paypal for anything btc related ive seen it end in horror for so many people on this forum
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: