Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, first day here, question about dangers of buying a full member account  (Read 1671 times)
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:57:20 AM

There has been a recent case where a sold account was reclaimed by a user as he reset his password through email as the buyer never changed even the email also.
There have instances earlier as well where users have claimed that their accounts have been hacked and sold and in that
case, you completely lose your bitcoins and the account. Need to be more careful when going for buying accounts.
Preferably, OP can buy accounts using an escrow who can give you some kind of security.

To increase forum rank, we just need to comment or post meaningful threads without chasing activity points or spamming. Any thread can increase our activity.

Yes, it will take a while. But i think OP would better create his own account. No matter what happens it will be worth it. If you decide to buy one atleast you have a new account that later on you can use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:22:59 PM

Op`s problems can be handled with a simple trusted escrow.

Find a reputable escrow of +16 or more to handle the release after terms and conditions are set.

Eg: The following purchase is after the account has been successfully be loan free etc.

With a signature message required for proof of ownership. Which can be done easily using blockchain.info or other similar sites that offer it.

ScottishSecurity

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:53:03 PM

Wow, If I had known you could "buy" accounts here I would of bought one..

Can you change username if you buy one? or are usernames locked?

SS
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:33:28 PM

So could anyone help me out and give any advice on my scenario?
You can buy accounts if you trust the user who is selling those accounts and if you have doubts, it's better to earn activity points on you own. There is no limit on posting any threads or making any comments. Read this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0

And what is the some of the better if not best signature company to use?
Any signature campaign that has an escrow is trusted.

I see so many and I dont even know how to sign up, I dont know how to attach my BTC address to my account, etc.
You need to go to your profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=821174 and you can select Forum settings where you can find an option to add your bitcoin address.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: