Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] BITINSTANT IS A SCAM  (Read 2453 times)
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 10:27:37 PM

I'm still curious which Bitcoin accepting humanitarian project the OP was talking about.  Huh

I guess I'll comment on the thread as well. If I was truly upset with a company's service, I would try to present my case in a calm, clear manner. Especially if I wanted to influence other people in the process. When someone is basically throwing a tantrum on a public forum, you have to wonder if their ability to communicate might be the root of the problem from the start. If it's not, it certainly doesn't lend credence to their arguments, quite the opposite. This is unfortunate, as they may have a legitimate argument.

I've never used BitInstant, but they have been around for some time and occasionally a thread pops up where someone is dissatisfied. As far as I've seen, this always gets resolved. I understand that businesses are composed of people, and sometimes people make mistakes. What separates good businesses from the bad is their ability to remedy the situation in a timely and acceptable fashion.

It looks like BitInstant has indeed remedied this situation. Unfortunately for them, it doesn't look like the OP has any interest in changing his, now clearly false, thread title.

Well, in the interest of playing devil's advocate for a second, BitInstant issue threads seem to pop up more than "occasionally". When I saw the thread title my first thought was "oh, the daily 'bitinstant scammed me!' thread!"

Yes, they do resolve all issues, but it doesn't alter the occurrence frequency.  Now maybe most of these are user/client error (not following the directions, miscommunication, whatever), but wouldn't you think that would prompt BitInstant to either a) improve and/or simplify their process (if there's a way to do that and maintain security while keeping risk low) or b) get more efficient about solving issues when they are reported? 

Finally, I agree, dealing with a semi-literate Profanitist like TWatson here (see what I did there, OP? TWAT) can be frustrating and annoying if you take their bullshit and abuse personally.  We have to remember that if only smart, reasonable people were able to participate in the BTC community, there'd only be a couple hundred of us, if that.  Frankly, if I were Charlie, I'd have exercised my privilege to only do business with people I choose to, and refunded this jackhole's funds and told him to fuck right off and never darken my website with his retardery again. Ban him, flag him, tag him and send his dox out to every other BTC exchange service as a warning to not do business with this KWatson clown. If he wants bitcoins, let him get them for 20-25% over MtGox prices through localbitcoins or some other high-fee service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 10:41:33 PM

c'mon somebody post the "watch out, we got us a badass over here!" picture...

Aahzman

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

Sweet. ^5

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 12:10:49 AM

Which humanitarian project?

I'm still curious which Bitcoin accepting humanitarian project the OP was talking about.  Huh

Project Silk Road, perhaps. I can almost smell the withdrawal symptoms in the air of this thread. Grin
rastaj

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:29:15 PM

I am going to reply to this thread too. I posted a couple of times yesterday. They may have the majority of their transactions go over somewhat well. However, the service you get from the rest of the members. other than Charlie, or whoever posts under "Yankee" is FUCKING PATHETIC!

They have a customer service rep that basically laughs at you when you have an issue. I did a transaction w/ them on 01/23/13, and had to deal with their online customer rep, who I will not name now. If they allow this kind of shit to go on internally, from their customer service, then they should be shut the fuck down!

I am double positive that others have complained about similar experiences. I am not trolling here either. I was shocked at how fucking sarcastic this fucking piece of human excrement just basically made fun of my problem when I asked him to help. And I am not being an internet tough guy here either. But if that had happened in person, I would have stomped this fucking ape to the ground like he was Billy Bats. The nerve of this guy had no limits.

The fact that they haven't canned this MOTHERFUCKER yet is mind blowing! How could you continue to keep someone on your staff that is ruining your business like that? Absolutely unreal!

I can honestly say that in my lifetime, I have NEVER experienced something like this when conducting business. Not even at a fucking ghetto gas station.

And calling these people is next to impossible. They NEVER answer the FUCKING PHONE! How can you gain the trust from a company with relatively large amounts of money that doesn't even ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE!

So, not to take a stab at all of the supporters of BitInstant, but how can you all not agree with the feelings of people that have done business with them, and that have been treated like they were a common imbecile?
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:45:57 PM

These fucking bastards stole my coins and disrespected me in email.

I just got my coins.

Good god...you go from complaining about BitInstant to "receiving your coins" within 15 minutes...yelling all along the way...

If only you could be quarantined in the Newbie section  Undecided

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:54:20 PM

. . . I am not trolling here either . . .

Sounds like something a troll would say.

. . . is FUCKING PATHETIC! . . . this kind of shit to go on . . . shut the fuck down! . . . how fucking sarcastic this fucking piece of human excrement . . . I would have stomped this fucking ape to the ground like he was Billy Bats . . . canned this MOTHERFUCKER . . . a fucking ghetto gas station . . . answer the FUCKING PHONE! . . . ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE! . . .

Yep, definitely something a troll would say.

. . . I am not being an internet tough guy here . . .

Sounds like something an immature bully would say.

. . . if that had happened in person, I would have stomped this fucking ape to the ground . . .

Yep, definitely something an immature bully would say.
rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:11:18 PM

. . . I am not trolling here either . . .

Sounds like something a troll would say.

. . . is FUCKING PATHETIC! . . . this kind of shit to go on . . . shut the fuck down! . . . how fucking sarcastic this fucking piece of human excrement . . . I would have stomped this fucking ape to the ground like he was Billy Bats . . . canned this MOTHERFUCKER . . . a fucking ghetto gas station . . . answer the FUCKING PHONE! . . . ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE! . . .

Yep, definitely something a troll would say.

. . . I am not being an internet tough guy here . . .

Sounds like something an immature bully would say.

. . . if that had happened in person, I would have stomped this fucking ape to the ground . . .

Yep, definitely something an immature bully would say.

Ok Danny, what would you say, how would you react if you just sent 4 figures to a company, and they fucking laughed at you? It's not trolling, it is simply someone stating the truth about an experience that was horrid at best. You probably surf these threads all day looking for opps to make smart-ass replies. Your a goon.
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

how would you react if you just sent 4 figures to a company, and they fucking laughed at you?

How do you know they laughed at you?

rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:27:49 PM

how would you react if you just sent 4 figures to a company, and they fucking laughed at you?

The sarcasm was shocking in the chat transcript. I really wish I would have saved it now...
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:29:46 PM

The sarcasm was shocking in the chat transcript. I really wish I would have saved it now...

So it's a baseless claim since you have no proof? Wink

rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:32:13 PM

Look the main point is that the tone, and entire response from their service ape was a huge joke. You all can think I am trolling, etc. I am not. Just furious at how this was all handled. The truth about how things are done there needs to be addressed publicly, and there should be consequences for fucktards like that who treat customers so badly...
rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:34:55 PM

Exactly. It's baseless. I just decided to wast my time and fabricate a story so I can have dialogue with people like you.
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:38:25 PM

Exactly. It's baseless. I just decided to wast my time and fabricate a story so I can have dialogue with people like you.

Ah, that makes quite a bit more sense. Thanks for the chat!

rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:41:21 PM

Ah, that makes quite a bit more sense. Thanks for the chat!

No prob. Good luck w/ your scam too. Might wanna revisit your college algebra class too!  Roll Eyes
Nuro77

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:46:16 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2013, 05:49:48 PM by Nuro77

After my simple cash-to-address transaction was accepted, and then automatically failed, and never redone, my confidence in BitInstant has been going down dramatically. Because once they fail you, you are SOS, and it's a waiting game at best. They seem to put your transaction away, and forget about it, while accepting more business. I don't even think they do anything about it UNTIL you figure out how to contact them, at least that’s the impression I've got so far. No doubt they have an excuse for all that - not enough support people, system can't auto redo failed transaction / it's too complex, some 3rd party API failed 12h ago (and was up 1h later), DDoS on exchange (that no longer is being DDoSed), etc.

And someone even said they don't work on the weekends to fix it!? So if it's Friday, your SOS until at least Monday. But I've not confirmed this yet.

If you take a look into their support thread on this board, this is a constant issue with BitInstant. Their excuses don't make sense because they still accept other transactions and perform them at the same time. Two friends did their cash transactions at the same time in Wal-Mart or CVS, one was good, the other was failed.

One guy had his transaction "completed", yet blockchain has no records of any coins being sent to his address, and it's been more than a day.

My first bitcoin experience has been very negative due entirely to BitInstant, and while I hope BitInstant is not selectively scamming people, or is not using this opportunity to make a profit on the difference between the locked in price and what they hope to buy at a later time ... after reading the support thread I don't understand why there is not a huge red warning here about them. They obviously have major issues and are completly unable to do anything about it.

I'd think that these forums are here to help bitcoin users, not BitInstant.

EDIT/UPDATE - My issue has been resolved.
rastaj

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:48:44 PM

after reading the support thread I don't understand why there is not a huge red warning here about them. They obviously have major issues.

Exactly. Why is there not? Maybe the two nutriders have a good answer for this one? Wanna offer some input guys, or are you gagging too much at the moment?
pixelized

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

Looks like you're trolling us  Tongue

Don't be silly, the OP used all caps, the language of TRUTH  Undecided

this made me laugh...
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:37:34 PM

Those who share their bad experiences here should try and understand how others feel when they see angry posts with absolutely no information as to what exactly happened. Rastaj did provide some detail, and the kinds of responses he was getting were not justified. But the OP was simply a bunch of angry words, without any detail that would help me understand what happened and what the supposed problem was.

Please try to be specific and helpful, and bear in mind this is a public forum.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:41:41 PM

Some advice to the newbies here:
1) Being an obnoxious troll doesn't get you any support Wink ..The more detail you provide (in a calm and collected manner), the more support you receive. Being angry doesn't help anyone win their case.
2) Transactions aren't instantaneous (don't let the name BitInstant fool you). If there's a backlog, transactions can take up to 24 hours...and there's been cases where it has taken longer (at least for Mt. Gox).

So slow down and take a deep breath.

QFT:
We have to remember that if only smart, reasonable people were able to participate in the BTC community, there'd only be a couple hundred of us, if that.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: