Argentum uses two cryptographic algorithms; Scrypt and SHA256D with AUXPOW support (Merged Mining)
- Block size 10mb
- 3 Argentums per blockProduction:
Blocks are discovered every 45 seconds and transactions are fully confirmed every 4.5 minutes. 64 Million total Argentums will be mined. Once this limit is reached, it is increased by 1.1% annually, the rate of human population growth.Security:
Mined blocks mature after 30 confirms (100 at block 2,422,000): Argentum is a fast currency but it does not compromise the safety of the blockchain in the process.
- Update the code base to Bitcoin version 11.2 (from Myriadcoin 11.3)
- Hard fork for coinbase maturity at Block 2,422,000. New coinbase maturity will be 100 confirmations.
- Up to date Gitian build scripts and setup guide
- BIP65 Soft Fork when ~>78% of nodes have upgraded
- Minimum protocol version is 1050000Version 2.4.4
- Minimum transaction fee and minimum relay transaction fee from 0.00500000 to 0.00050000
- Bring the dust limit in line with Bitcoin and most cryptocurrencies. With a relay transaction fee of 0.00050000 the dust limit should be 0.00027300; anything less than that and the transaction will be rejected.
- Change the dust soft limit to 0.00050000. Any amount of ARG less than 0.00050000 will incur an additional fee of 0.00050000.Version 2.4.3
- Add checkpoint block
- Change minimum peer version to 2.4.1Version 2.4.2
- Change protocol version to 1050000Version 2.4.1
] Very important update
- Disconnect obsolete versionsVersion 2.4.0 (September 18, 2016) Fork at block 2,032,000
- Changes max sequential blocks found per algorithm from 3 to 6
Argentum was created mid 2013 with the following criteria:
Argentum is fast, unique, and secure. We have learned from many of the past crypto-currencies and created one that can rival any. Argentum brings innovation and experimentation by combining interesting aspects of other crypto-currencies and adding unique features.
Argentum is designed to gain value over time and to be a rare commodity that is easily and quickly transferable. The innovation doesn't end there, Argentum is the first crypto-currency to increase transaction processing capabilities over those of bitcoin. With the Bank of Argentum, the ARG/DGC exchange, and other commodity related services on the way, there is a bright future for this coin.
Argentum is secure, rare, and unique. The combination of all its characteristics provide a:
1. Longterm stable investment
2. Growth potential based on services
3. Diversification into less risky crypto-currency
4. Secure quasi-instantaneous transaction processing
Taken from the most active ARG BitcoinTalk threads here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259436.msg2767706#msg2767706 & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=231524.0.
The original info is mostly defunct on those threads, hence this new ANN
Also in the very earliest original launch thread from the original developer AlphaC, there would seem to have been some kind of pre-mine which was used to pay for services rendered to Baritus. So for clarity I will state that there was a historical pre-mine at the beginning of what seems to have been around 200,000 ARG.
This pre-mine now will no longer matter as there would seem to be in the regions of over 3.5 million ARG locked in accounts that may be lost to the original holders.
We will move on from the past in a New Beginning for Argentum, eventually cutting ties with the original incarnation.Current short term goals:
-More pools, lots of pools. Hashrate is good, but we need wider distribution.
-Electrum Client & Server (Finished)
-Coinomi Mobile wallet (awaiting merge at Coinomi's repo)Mid to long term:
-Payment processorCurrent release (v2.4.4):
Please feel free to contribute to any project. We're happy to have you contribute!Wallet Source: https://github.com/argentumproject/argentum
Argentum Project: https://github.com/argentumproject/
Windows QT Wallet: https://github.com/argentumproject/argentum/releases
Electrum server https://github.com/kyuupichan/electrumx
Electrum client https://github.com/argentumproject/electrum-arg/releases/
Mac QT Wallet: WIP
These are the current active v2.4 nodes as of 15th of October 2016.Code:
#ARGCurrency on FreeNode: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#ARGCurrencyPools:
Litecoinpool.org: They merge mine, but only pay out in LTC.
Blockexperts: https://www.blockexperts.com/argMarket Info: