Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Cripplemined Fastmine matters  (Read 13620 times)
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:20:47 AM

~1.5 million monero mined with optimized miners while dev team pushed a crippled miner on everyone else.

where you pull this out?

from smooth's post, he admitted it was at least 1.37 million.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.msg13018553#msg13018553

Please read the linked post. That is "total coins mined" (by everyone in the entire world) during a two month time period, which is very different from your claim, in fact it contradicts it.

confusing, so you are now saying there was not "1.37 million" monero cripplemined?
also, i'm not sure what "total coins mined" has to do with the cripplemine.

i'm claiming (based on your own post) that ~1.5 million moneros were "cripplemined".
i don't see how that "contradicts" anything that you yourself have not already admitted.

i'm not claiming that 1.5 million monero was "instamined" i'm saying they were cripplemined. i think you are confusing the monero "fastmine" with the monero "cripplemine". they are two different problems.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:34:27 AM

LOL that you think anyone cares or is every going to care about MasterMined710's made up terms.

By contrast (and indicating how pointless this troll thread is), I didn't make up the term "instamine". There are multiple threads calling out the massive DRK instamine scam before I even knew what the hell a DRK was.
non responsive but apology accepted!

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:10:25 AM

Evan working and being funded by the NSA would be my worst case for that scenario.
funny you should mention that. while there is no proof or even accusation that evan is working with or funded by the NSA there is this....

http://web.archive.org/web/20141106091836/http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/10/05/what-nsa-created-cryptonote-for/

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 05:21:42 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 06:32:24 AM by generalizethis

Evan working and being funded by the NSA would be my worst case for that scenario.
funny you should mention that. while there is no proof or even accusation that evan is working with or funded by the NSA there is this....

http://web.archive.org/web/20141106091836/http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/10/05/what-nsa-created-cryptonote-for/

Nice try to change the subject after your failed accusation that Monero people invented the instamine phrase to dovetail dash into that inglorious and shabby category of coin's that fail the distribution test, but as anyone who knows even the tiniest bit about the history of encryption will point out, the NSA had their hand in the development of most early encryption, so pointing to their involvement in any modern encryption that has stood the test of time is like pointing to the USA's rocket program after WWII and saying it's part of a NEO-NAZI plot because, "Look at all the Germans!"

Does everyone in the dash community just throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks? Now that your instamine attack failed, you're on to the NSA, and now that that's failed, let me guess Monero Dice? Just an endless parade of BS. Here's a hint. If you can't make an accusation in a thread last past the first five two pages without being debunked, it's probably a waste of everyone's time.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:27:32 AM

Does everyone in the dash community just throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks?

No there are a few rational and honest ones, but MasterMined710, specifically, is a dishonest and often incoherent scam protector and pumper.

i would not trust one word mastermined710 says.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

He is making this thread only to divert from the dash scam thread.

He is a scam protector and pumper.
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:40:15 AM

i think it's fair to call DASH a instamine but to be completely accurate it would be a "accidental instamine".

That is was "accidental" is unproven (and by many, disbelieved), so you are scamming investors (and just being flat out dishonest) when you claim that is "completely accurate" and state the same as a fact.

As for the so-called "cripplemine" I don't even know what you mean by that made up term, nor particularly care. The nature of this thread is quite clear.

you're playing word games again smooth.
i could just as easily say...That it was "not accidental" is unproven.
it was not an intentional instamine in the sense that it was not "sold as" a instamine stlye distribution coin but that it accidentally happened and was fixed.

DASH fits TBCM's first definition of a (accidental) instamine.
When a coin is born, if the initial difficulty to get a block is too low, you can get a ton of coins (blocks) really fast if you get in early. The coin is instantly mined.

TBCM's second  definition of instamine more fits with what i would call a POS fastmine but it's not clearly defined either way. when does a instamine become a fastmine? How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? the world may never know!
Similarly, when a coin is mined to almost completion in a very short period of time some people consider it's been instamined as well.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:50:53 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 07:14:32 AM by smooth

i think it's fair to call DASH a instamine but to be completely accurate it would be a "accidental instamine".

That is was "accidental" is unproven (and by many, disbelieved), so you are scamming investors (and just being flat out dishonest) when you claim that is "completely accurate" and state the same as a fact.

As for the so-called "cripplemine" I don't even know what you mean by that made up term, nor particularly care. The nature of this thread is quite clear.

you're playing word games again smooth.
i could just as easily say...That it was "not accidental" is unproven.

"Proven" is subjective, and I did not use that word above. When you "prove" something in court, for example, it is the opinion of a judge or jury that decides, based on some collection of evidence and a standard of proof.

However, if you were to say that one can not state "not accidental" as a "completely accurate" fact any more than one can state it was "accidental" as a "completely accurate" fact, I'd generally agree.

it was not an intentional instamine in the sense that it was not "sold as" a instamine stlye distribution coin but that it accidentally happened and was fixed.

No.

Intentional vs. accidental is not directly observable. Again, it is, at best, your opinion that it "accidentally happened".

Perhaps what you are trying to say is that it wasn't explicitly advertised as an instamine. Which of course is part of the problem.

DASH fits TBCM's first definition of a (accidental) instamine.
When a coin is born, if the initial difficulty to get a block is too low, you can get a ton of coins (blocks) really fast if you get in early. The coin is instantly mined.

It is somewhat close, except that unlike some instamines (generally smaller ones, such as Litecoin), Dash's instamine produced a huge number of coins not only from the difficulty adjustment, but also from the block rewards being too high, relative to what was advertised (and also relative to the overall supply).

BTW, TBCM didn't say anything about accidental. It would fit his definition equally well if the initial difficulty were deliberately set too low. Not that I'm holding up TBCM as an authority on the definition of instamine. I just quoted that for the date, since you claimed that the term instamine was created or popularized by Monero supporters which is flatly ridiculous when it was widely discussed months before Monero existed.

Of course flatly ridiculous claims coming from you is not surprising at all. We all know why we are here:

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:52:50 AM

BTW, TBCM didn't say anything about accidental. It would fit his definition equally well if the initial difficulty were deliberately set too low. Not that I'm holding up TBCM as an authority on the definition of instamine. I just quoted that for the date, since you claimed that the term instamine was created or popularized by Monero supporters which is flatly ridiculous when it was widely discussed months before Monero existed.

correct, TBCM was talking about coins that were "intentionally" set too low (according to his personal preferences). there are plenty of Proof of stake coins that were "intentionally" instamined within a few days or weeks where "all" the coins were instamined/fastmined and then they switched to POS mining/minting. these were sold as/advertised as a feature not an accidental bug like DASH.

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

i don't think we know who first coined the word instamine do we? are you claiming it was TBCM?
you're definitely wrong that the term instamine was not "popularized by Monero supporters". iloveanoncoin was one as you yourself pointed out. monero supporters have used/repeated the term instamine more than all the other coin communities put together, they totally "popularized" it and associated it with Darkcoin/DASH. congratulations

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:59:57 AM

correct, TBCM was talking about coins that were "intentionally" set too low (according to his personal preferences)

As usual, more made up nonsense from you.

Here is his quoted post, in its entirety:

Similarly, when a coin is mined to almost completion in a very short period of time some people consider it's been instamined as well.

Please show us where he indicates "intentionally" "unintentionally" or anything of the sort.

i don't think we know who first coined the word instamine do we? are you claiming it was TBCM?

No, I did not make any such claim. Please read my posts. I cited his post (among others) as evidence that the term was in common use long before Monero existed.

you're definitely wrong that the term instamine was not "popularized by Monero supporters".

LOL. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of references to the term that predate Monero, including threads about the Darkcoin [sic] instamine that predate Monero. Hell, many of them predate XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash too.

As usual, every time you write a post, it is complete nonsense. Not at all surprising because:

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:56:48 AM

This thread appears to be missing Exhibit A.

...the story of how Monero was intended to be a "fair" relaunch of bytecoin and ended up swallowing whole the very core of the bytcoin 'scam' code instead, thereby allowing it to be privately mined for months courtesy of "clown central" quality control.

Never mind. I'm sure it's all been washed through markets  Wink
meme magic

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:04:33 PM

yea we wanted to give it extra time to trickle down, so we voted to not reduce the emission by 75%  Grin
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:16:29 PM

This thread appears to be missing Exhibit A.

Yes exactly this. He apparently mined most of coins first 2 months so there is not much left for whoever OP accused to do a premine.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 12:51:47 PM

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 05:03:38 PM

The "Attack the Attacker" method that Scientologists (and other cultists) love to use. Classy.

I especially like that he just copy/pasted the title from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:27:29 PM

Why are all the Monero guys in here talking about DASH? This thread is about the questionable XMR launch. Let's stay on topic.

So the fastmine/high initial emission of XMR, combined with the refusal to create an official GUI wallet for easy public use does seem very scammy.

Also, the Monero devs claim they didn't know about the scam miner they were pushing off on the public. If that is true, what other parts of their copy/paste coin do they not understand?

It's one thing for novices to copy (well known) bitcoin, but copying something like bytecoin that is brand new, a scam, and includes fraudulent code is pretty irresponsible.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 06:45:26 PM

Why are all the Monero guys in here talking about DASH? This thread is about the questionable XMR launch. Let's stay on topic.

So the fastmine/high initial emission of XMR, combined with the refusal to create an official GUI wallet for easy public use does seem very scammy.

Also, the Monero devs claim they didn't know about the scam miner they were pushing off on the public. If that is true, what other parts of their copy/paste coin do they not understand?

It's one thing for novices to copy (well known) bitcoin, but copying something like bytecoin that is brand new, a scam, and includes fraudulent code is pretty irresponsible.

Smooth or one of the other Devs can talk about what happened at the launch, but the lack of GUI is one of the least scammy things ever--who builds a scam and makes it only appeal to those who understand opensource or are comfortable with line command? That would immediately put your coin under the scrutiny of those most knowledgeable about coding, as they are the people most comfortable with line command--so not exactly a wise move if you're trying to scam people--kind of like making a wine and only selling it at wine competitions (if it's lousy, it's going to be apparent all the more quickly, and vocally so). The first thing every scam ever does is put out some bitcoin wallet, slap their name on it and say "Look how cool our wallet is? We must be legitimate, right?" The Monero Devs are wise to build the coin, then the wallet, and then market it.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:48:50 PM

Interesting topic, it even has a bit of bad karma to it  Wink

This is why people who troll other cryptocurrencies (for example Dash) with their instamine history really should know better,
specially when Monero itself has a history of fastmine / instamine. Its bound to backfire at some point.
I guess we arrived at that "some point".

Lets also stop labeling everyone who brings up Monero's instamine / fastmine history as "a scammer", it is such a weak way of dealing with a discussion.
(and yes, i'm looking at you smooth)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:55:05 PM

Smooth or one of the other Devs can talk about what happened at the launch, but the lack of GUI is one of the least scammy things ever--who builds a scam an makes it only appeal to those who understand opensource or are comfortable with line command? That would immediately put your coin under the scrutiny to those most knowledgeable about coding, as they are the people most comfortable with line command--so not exactly a wise move if you're trying to scam people--kind of like making a wine and only selling it at wine competitions (if it's lousy, it's going to be apparent all the more quickly, and vocally so). The first thing every scam ever does is put out some bitcoin wallet, slap their name on it and say "Look how cool our wallet is? We must be legitimate, right?" The Monero Devs are wise to build the coin, then the wallet, and then market it.

The reason to make it harder to use (by not having an official GUI) is to keep the coins for insiders, and wait to release the official GUI until after coin emission has drastically slowed, which is exactly what is happening.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 07:04:15 PM

Smooth or one of the other Devs can talk about what happened at the launch, but the lack of GUI is one of the least scammy things ever--who builds a scam an makes it only appeal to those who understand opensource or are comfortable with line command? That would immediately put your coin under the scrutiny to those most knowledgeable about coding, as they are the people most comfortable with line command--so not exactly a wise move if you're trying to scam people--kind of like making a wine and only selling it at wine competitions (if it's lousy, it's going to be apparent all the more quickly, and vocally so). The first thing every scam ever does is put out some bitcoin wallet, slap their name on it and say "Look how cool our wallet is? We must be legitimate, right?" The Monero Devs are wise to build the coin, then the wallet, and then market it.

The reason to make it harder to use (by not having an official GUI) is to keep the coins for insiders, and wait to release the official GUI until after coin emission has drastically slowed, which is exactly what is happening.

Is it? Because last time I checked there was a online wallet and most of the people who aren't comfortable with command line just keep there's on Polo.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:44:08 PM

Is it? Because last time I checked there was a online wallet and most of the people who aren't comfortable with command line just keep there's on Polo.

Last time i checked people from your own community are advising against keeping large amounts on that webwallet and in general it is considered unsafe to keep your coins longterm on an exchange.  
From a safety point of view developing an officially supported GUI so people can store their own coins in an easy and safe way offline is pretty much mandatory from the start and most certainly should
not linger for more then two years .. and then still not have an ETA.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: