Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Cripplemined Fastmine matters  (Read 13620 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 08:42:37 PM

monero had ~750,000 coins mined the first 4 weeks (btc ~210,000) which is way faster than normal but i would not say instamined per se. but when does a instamine end and a fastmine begin?

i think a cripplemined fastmine best describes monero.

720k Moneros was issued in first 30 days. Exactly as it was scheduled. If it would less, price would go even higher. Remember that price hit 0.01 after 60 days at end of June 2014. If emission would be slower, ATH would be way higher. This emission curve was just perfect. So you can easily name it as a perfectmine.

If you want to learn more about XMR emission compared to BTC, you can check this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qXi7zUSIh7F6UuSuhOryyFbHEy_LJuym3I3neAga_2s/edit#gid=239466694

I started mining about on day.40. As you see from spreadsheet on day.40 daily emission was about 24k XMR. On first day emission was 25.3k XMR.  So not a huge difference. And on 40th day every miner was allready mining Monero.  Difficulty was already so high i barely got any. Probably would get more if would mine few months ago.

so a cripplemined perfectmine?   Wink
that makes sense, how about a cripplemined fairmine? that's totally not contradictory right.

Or a cripplemine as planned mine--which means there was no "accident" that shot out a couple million coins in a day and it wasn't followed by a coin reduction. You're trying to make a comparison between a guy who had a one time affair and Charlie Sheen. Dash is epic in its whoreness--I need a penicillin shot just talking to you skanks.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:47:55 PM

@MasterMined710

I used more words, but not so many, so carefully read them.

In really short i said, that Monero emission curve was perfect.   So if you need an name for it, you can use Perfectmine.
Dinki

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Incent

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:20:44 PM

OP just wants people to dump Monero and invest in dash coins, simple Cheesy Cheesy

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:41:57 PM

do you disagree xmr monero was/is fastmined?

I do disagree, as we have covered countless times on this thread and others. There are numerous fastened coins that distribute all their coins in a few weeks or 50% per month or even 50% per six months.

With 50% every 18 months, Monero is somewhat faster than Bitcoin, offset by the fact that it gets slower than Bitcoin later, when the rewards stop dropping in half every 18 months, but Bitcoin's continue dropping by half every four years until reaching zero.

what would you call it

A PoW-distributed coin with half of the remaining supply distributed every 18 months, plus a perpetual maintenance reward.

Whenever I have described it that way to people, I've had not one single person respond by calling it a fastmine. They might reply that it is slightly faster than Bitcoin or just consider it okay and reasonable and not comment further at all, one or the other.

so this thread is the first time you heard monero called a fastmine? because i've always heard it called a fastmine in the forums going back long before i even knew of monero.
i definitely wasn't the first person to call it fastmined but it is what it is.

it seems very fast to me when compared to normal pow coins.
you say "slightly faster" but i pointed out it was actually 3+ times faster the first 4 weeks. only one of those statements is factually correct... 

Monero has a highly inflationary emission curve where around half the coins were mined in the first year and will have "Roughly 86% mined in 4 years".

By comparison, Bitcoin is almost 7 years old and only has 75% mined. It will take them another 4+ years to get to monero's 86%.

So it will take BTC & LTC ~11+ years to get to ~86% and monero only 4 years. It will take DASH ~ another 20 years to get to 86%.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:01:14 AM

Or a cripplemine as planned mine

so a planned cripplmined fastmine?
great job g, i think we have a winner!

the funny thing is that's exactly what happened with bytecoin and monero.  Embarrassed

MasterMined710 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:56:33 PM

OP just wants people to dump Monero and invest in dash coins, simple Cheesy Cheesy

how dare you sir!  Angry
how dare you question my integrity as the new crypto sheriff after my mentor and inspiration smooth was stripped of his crypto justice warrior badge.

after i'm done investigating the monero mining scandal i will go after zerocash and shadowcoin and the whole world of crypto (well except steemit) just like my CJW predecessor did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: