Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not post off-topic replies  (Read 229835 times)
GoldMen

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:15:24 PM

That is to say that if we have some idea that is not so consistent but does not deviate from the subject, it will be eliminated?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aishiteru

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:50:36 AM

Thats correct.Never post off-topic replies just to increase our posts or activities but then sometimes we are expecting that our post replies are relevant. Is there any criteria for the post replies to be relevant ?
Best80

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:05:13 PM

Moderators should make this section compulsory for newbies(possibly before registration) , I believe it will help us to know how to comment on topics and will surely reduce the level of making posts not in line with the topic of discussion. Thanks
Mademoiselle

Activity: 427
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

Moderators should make this section compulsory for newbies(possibly before registration) , I believe it will help us to know how to comment on topics and will surely reduce the level of making posts not in line with the topic of discussion. Thanks

Same issue here, i have posted a couple of replies there, at first it counts on the post and activity but after a day or so when i refresh it disappear, i dont know how that happened and it's wasting my ideas I'm sharing. 
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:27:09 PM

Same issue here, i have posted a couple of replies there, at first it counts on the post and activity but after a day or so when i refresh it disappear, i dont know how that happened and it's wasting my ideas I'm sharing. 
Activity and posts disappearing? That would be when you make shitty posts that are insubstantial. It's a you problem and so none of your ideas are being wasted.

There's no value in posts that are deleted and so the only thing that is wasted is both your and the moderators' time.

PETMALU11

Activity: 144

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:30:46 AM

I agree for that because non related topic or off topic will not recognize and your making yourself witty, Your time and effort were being wasted. So that make your post related to avoid deleted post.
cj_tip

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:46:50 PM

Based on my very limited experience here I think as long as you make an honest attempt to reply to the topic at hand, even if you digress a bit, it's OK.  But replies like "I agree"  "totally agree" are just a bit too lazy... lol   Other forums may have functions that allow people to just upvote the previous comment to show they are in agreement.  We don't have that here.  Perhaps this is part of the reason some people post comments like that.   Well, now we are warned.  Don't do it.  lol
standley940

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:15:11 AM

Yes gan I've seen also the ones who reply on our topic
diatamariono

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:00:00 AM

tell someone else's mistakes better, maybe someone does not know how to post a good and right thing ,,
so, in my opinion better wrong post people are told the correct post way ,,
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:12:08 AM

I agree with this, we do not post posts outside the topic. If you want to post content that is relevant to your topic, then your article will be of high quality. If you post the wrong topic or copy the content is at risk of nick lock. You can not participate in any bitcoin campaign.
sirojuddin

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 10:24:40 AM

Off-topic replies have become a big problem. From now on, I will be deleting such replies without notice, forum-wide. If your replies disappear, this is probably why.

All replies must respond to the topic's original post in some way, even if they are replying to an on-topic reply. If your reply has nothing to do with the topic post, either add some content that is relevant or create a new topic.

Please report off-topic posts as soon as you see them.
should not be notified after the topic off replay is removed?
because I think it's better with the purpose of the person concerned does not repeat the same thing ..
this is just my advice

CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:59:17 AM

should not be notified after the topic off replay is removed?
because I think it's better with the purpose of the person concerned does not repeat the same thing ..
this is just my advice

You will get a notification after the post has been removed.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

The concept of off/on topic in threads is really really difficult. The solution I've been most successful with (and I'm pre-Internet chatforum moderator old) is to have the original poster decide when the discussion that follows is on or off topic.

Else you end up in situations where the thread starter is fully ok with the discussion and a moderator starts deleting posts.

(In this case it should be somewhat easy for moderators to see if it's the thread starter that Reports to Moderator with "off topic" as reason)

This is not fair to the people responding to a topic, IMO. People who reply to topics should know that if they are on-topic and they follow the rules, they will not be censored. Also, it is very annoying for reply-writers when they write long, detailed responses and then the topics become off-topic and useless.

Maintaining perfect on-topicness is difficult. In the future, discussions may be made threaded instead of flat, which will basically be like having a system that automatically creates new topics when people are posting off-topic things (in many cases).
I agree. Off topic posts will sometimes lead to another topic especially if others will also reply to that post. It is best to stick to the topic and give more informations that will be of great help to fellow bitcoiners.
tues

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:12:30 PM

Off-topic replies have become a big problem. From now on, I will be deleting such replies without notice, forum-wide. If your replies disappear, this is probably why.

All replies must respond to the topic's original post in some way, even if they are replying to an on-topic reply. If your reply has nothing to do with the topic post, either add some content that is relevant or create a new topic.

Please report off-topic posts as soon as you see them.
So I saw XMen: First Class the other day, it was actually pretty good ... there was was this one scene where everyo....

JK. Will report those posts as necessary.

to use lacedwithkerosen's reply as an example.
if he did not include the last line "JK. Will report those posts as necessary." this post when reported would've gotten 100% accuracy rating being that it is irrelevant the topic.

Now, is it true to say his reply is 100% relevant to the topic, because of the last line. resulting in a 0% accuracy rating if reported.
Or is this percentage adjusted by the messages' majority relevance to the topic. eg.  of the 168 characters in lacedwithkerosen's reply  41 of them are relevant to the message. would that then make the accuracy rating 24% accurate if reported.
zeref dragneel

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:51:21 AM

agreed ..i truely support the terms..
jaydoes6

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:41:58 AM

I'm trying to keep away from whole of btcs and I am never going to join there
pajrinn

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:05:31 AM

I agree with the merit program now, but in this forum users from all over the world, and many also are not proficient in english, with not adept in english, the post can be out of the topic Grin
argonresonates3

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:06:16 AM

I don't post anything in any section I just surf and try ti accumulate informations about btcs Smiley
Jhiesha

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:18:44 AM

Quote from: theymos on June 10, 2011, 04:39:36 AM

Please report off-topic posts as soon as you see.

I very much agree with this.  I read and understand first the topics very carefully before commenting on it.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:26:07 AM

Sir, many have been reported already but still their post hasn't been removed yet. It's kinda annoying to see those posts everyday shitting on this section also on the forum itself.
I know you're kinda busy but still I hope that you'll be able to do something about it, that's why I, as one with OP of the thread proposing that newbies will be given the limit or be prohibit by opening their threads. I thought its a best thing to do for them to focus on reading and searching.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: