Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCFPGA - 115K Refund  (Read 8547 times)
agath (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:00:56 AM

Thomas has finally sent his refund through a wire transfer.

It took 2 weeks to arrive, and there was a total lack of communication. Thomas didn't give me any evidence about the bank order, and I was thinking he lied. But I just checked on the account and it has arrived.

In his last email (3 february, I never received any other) he was stating that he is going to refund everyone, that he hasn't any bitcoin, but he was trying to buy them at the best price, and that it would have taken some time. These were his words, and at this time I could say he's really trying to refund everyone.

Don't lose your hope, probably Tom is not that bad guy that he tries to appear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 02:26:42 AM

It took 2 weeks to arrive, and there was a total lack of communication. Thomas didn't give me any evidence about the bank order, and I was thinking he lied. But I just checked on the account and it has arrived.

In his last email (3 february, I never received any other) he was stating that he is going to refund everyone, that he hasn't any bitcoin, but he was trying to buy them at the best price, and that it would have taken some time. These were his words, and at this time I could say he's really trying to refund everyone.

Quoted, in case mods or admins decide to delete it. I will now go and jack off, for I believe the above is a FUCKIN' LIE!
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:30:46 AM

Don't sugar coat it PG...tell us how you feel bud. Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 02:33:56 AM

Don't sugar coat it PG...tell us how you feel bud. Smiley

Bastard! I wasn't done jacking off yet.

agath is either a troll or Thomas Van Riper the money launderer.
agath (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:38:07 AM

I am not a troll, and I am not Thomas. I am writing the truth, and who knows me can say it (#btcfpga on freenode). I don't need to prove it to you PG, you probably weren't even his customer.

Come on, be serious.
Clearfly

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:28:53 AM

You spent 115K on mining gear and you've only just registered here in the last couple of weeks?

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:31:54 AM

agath is either a troll or Thomas Van Riper the money launderer.
My vote's on the latter.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 03:38:55 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 09:59:34 PM by 100%digital

Lies. Post email correspondence. Fuck your lies. Your nothing but a propaganda tool. Need proof, don't think your doing Thomas any favors.

EDIT: i digress, Agath my apologies.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 03:48:59 AM

I am not a troll, and I am not Thomas. I am writing the truth, and who knows me can say it (#btcfpga on freenode). I don't need to prove it to you PG, you probably weren't even his customer.

Come on, be serious.

I am serious. And I wasn't a customer. And for sake of argument, let's say you don't have to prove it me, but you may have to prove it those who are still out a considerable amount of money. The reason being is that with your so called recent refund, you are giving those who are still waiting hope. The last guy who gave people hope when a scam was in progress received a scammer tag, for his hope package was in the form of a bet, and supposedly people honestly believe that because of that bet Pirate may pay. Agreements may have been altered due to that bet.

Likewise, with what you have presented, yet without proof, you are offering up the same hope.

You've stated you are in the EU. That would put you late in the evening when you posted the following:

Tom owes me more than $100K. I have a signed contract (which has not been respected) and I paid through a wire transfer. I live in EU.

Almost three hours later, and even later in the evening in EU, you posted:

I can't believe it.

I just received the wire transfer from Thomas on my bank account.

So he isn't a liar.

However he never showed me any evidence he would have done it. No bank orders, nothing at all. And he stopped answering all my emails.

I already alerted half the world for this.

Now I was about to go to sleep, when I checked the account, like a ritual (in these days I did it so many times...) and ... SURPRISE. The money is there.

So I apologize with Tom to have called him a liar. However his communication was really poor and I didn't have any clue about what was happening. It seems that the wire transfer took 2 weeks to arrive.

There is still hope that you will see your money refunded.

I will write it in a new topic, so it will be more visible to everyone.

You penned the above shortly after you received the email notification, but prior to going to sleep. Yet almost an hour later you're still awake reacting to my reply.

Secondly, you went the extra step to starting a new thread to post your refund, when probably the refund thread would have sufficed.

Given the above, coupled with your other mundane posts, wouldn't all this look suspicious to you? And I won't be the last person who'll call you out on this. I'm just the first.

One more thing. You have the misfortune of signing up exactly one day after Tom's account was proven to be compromised. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138206.0
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 04:03:22 AM

agath's been on IRC a while.
Quote from: NickServ
Registered : Jun 20 01:49:36 2011 (1 year, 34 weeks, 1 day, 02:11:39 ago)

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 04:03:51 AM

Tom, you son of a motherless goat. ....

I hope you care about Amy... its not gonna end well for you
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 04:06:21 AM

Almost three hours later, and even later in the evening in EU, you posted:
I can't believe it.

I just received the wire transfer from Thomas on my bank account.

I already alerted half the world for this.

Now I was about to go to sleep, when I checked the account, like a ritual (in these days I did it so many times...) and ... SURPRISE. The money is there.
You penned the above shortly after you received the email notification, but prior to going to sleep. Yet almost an hour later you're still awake reacting to my reply.

Secondly, you went the extra step to starting a new thread to post your refund, when probably the refund thread would have sufficed.
Sometimes people get excited about stuff? If I got a 115k refund late in the evening, I know I'd be wide awake for quite a while.

One more thing. You have the misfortune of signing up exactly one day after Tom's account was proven to be compromised. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138206.0
Ahahaha bad timing, bro.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 04:10:04 AM

agath's been on IRC a while.
Quote from: NickServ
Registered : Jun 20 01:49:36 2011 (1 year, 34 weeks, 1 day, 02:11:39 ago)

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2013/02/01

00:20   agath   I hope to not be boring asking a newbie question but.. does anyone know where I can find an example source code (C? Ruby?) of a software mining client?
00:20   agath   or a document that explains the mining algorhythm in detail?

My bad! Didn't realize he's not a Bitcoin novice.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 04:32:00 AM

Dave should know whether there were any $115,000 wire payments awaiting refund.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 04:33:59 AM

Dave should know whether there were any $115,000 wire payments awaiting refund.

Concur! If Dave confirms, than I owe agath an apology, for I've read several Pastebin posts since Luke brought it to my attention.
benco

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:11:56 AM

hi all,

I communicated with agath yesterday evening via #btcfpga IRC channel and email, he sent me his signed contract with Tom and we agreed on coordinated complaint to Tom's bank (Woodforest TX). Right now I have found an email from him that he received a full refund yesterday evening.

I'm going to try contact Tom again, hope he will respond. If not, I will contact his bank and try everything possible to get my money back.

I do not think Tom is a scammer, but the way how he communicate with his customers is definitely bad.

Tom - if you read this, please do a simple thing - just communicate! Anyone can get into trouble and I personally can understand that and agree on how to resolve the situation.

Agath - congratulations a I hope everyone will have such luck as you Smiley

regards,

benco
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:23:52 AM

Print the document. Black out your name & bank details. Leave all of Tom's origin information. Scan the document. Upload and post the wire transfer to be seen in this thread.

||bit
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 05:46:09 AM

As someone who has been monitoring #btcfpga since October, I would be absolutely shocked if Agath was Tom. He's been active in the channel the whole time and they talk nothing alike.

I have no proof that Agath isn't Tom, but for the two to be the same would require Tom be incredibly capable, disciplined and forward looking. Since Tom doesn't appear to be any of those things, I don't think he could keep up a deception like that for months for no real benefit. More likely Tom is still lurking in his channel and has been watching as people are planning their legal action.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 06:13:52 AM

As someone who has been monitoring #btcfpga since October, I would be absolutely shocked if Agath was Tom. He's been active in the channel the whole time and they talk nothing alike.

I have no proof that Agath isn't Tom, but for the two to be the same would require Tom be incredibly capable, disciplined and forward looking. Since Tom doesn't appear to be any of those things, I don't think he could keep up a deception like that for months for no real benefit. More likely Tom is still lurking in his channel and has been watching as people are planning their legal action.

The real question is..... What make you sure Agath here is the same Agath on btcfpga?

Roll Eyes

Oh i must have forgotten , his name is trademarked~
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 07:23:49 AM

I'm not making a positive claim that agath is Tom. But just countering the need that such a possibility would require a super Tom.  Cool

Name:   cablepair [a.k.a. Tom]
Position:   VIP
Date Registered:   April 30, 2011, 11:40:41 PM
Last Active:   January 23, 2013, 04:16:33 AM

Name:   agath
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   January 24, 2013, 10:00:12 AM
Last Active:   Today at 06:15:34 AM

||bit
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: