Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-04-15] US Senate Committee Releases Anti-Encryption Proposal  (Read 328 times)
virtuose247 (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:06:55 AM

Over on Reddit, the Bitcoin community is not all that happy with this proposal either. Some people are questioning how government officials can be so utterly ignorant of what they are proposing, considering most have the individuals seem to be out of touch with the world of electronics and data we have lived in for the past decade.

Using an argument of how Americans need to be protected from terrorists and criminal entities is certainly valid. However, officials have been harping on these same strings for several years now, and none of these bills have ever gotten approved. Nor should they be, in fairness, as what the Compliance with Court Orders Act of 2016 proposes, is nothing but an invasion of privacy at every level.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/04/15/us-senate-committee-releases-anti-encryption-proposal/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:55:07 AM

Apple , microsoft , facebook ,cisco all will leave the USA.
if this happens , whatsapp is not us based and introduced end 2 end encryption based on the open whisper system standard.
so I guess there will be a very strong response from the tech world.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:04:57 AM

if this happens , whatsapp is not us based and introduced end 2 end encryption based on the open whisper system standard.

Lol just cements the questionable reputation of Open Whisper systems IMO. "End-to-end encryption, Brought to you by Whatsapp (a Facebook Company)"

Vires in numeris
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:22:48 AM

Lol just cements the questionable reputation of Open Whisper systems IMO. "End-to-end encryption, Brought to you by Whatsapp (a Facebook Company)"

I do trust Edward snowden here , open is you can check for your self!

http://www.cheatsheet.com/gear-style/edward-snowdens-favorite-messaging-app-how-it-works.html/?a=viewall
so the only consperacy here is you Smiley
and the FBI/CIA has every reason to seed doubts about the power of encryption and to troll this...
the trick of good open encryption is that it can function in a hostile evironment.
without failing signal does that , and its open you can compile it your  your self.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZloHVKk7DHk the power of encryption explained.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:34:53 PM

http://www.cheatsheet.com/gear-style/edward-snowdens-favorite-messaging-app-how-it-works.html/?a=viewall

I see.

Trust the code, which has caused problems for OpenWhispers Systems in the past; there's no point in providing open source code that doesn't compile, and that's how things stood for OpenWhisper Systems at one point. And re: "Snowden says...", all that's telling me is that Snowden is involved in endorsing questionable security software.

Vires in numeris
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:30:49 PM

I see.

Trust the code, which has caused problems for OpenWhispers Systems in the past; there's no point in providing open source code that doesn't compile, and that's how things stood for OpenWhisper Systems at one point. And re: "Snowden says...", all that's telling me is that Snowden is involved in endorsing questionable security software.

signal now does compile so they solved it.
I one needs proper sucurity its snowden.
he uses GPG and OTR but also signal Smiley
you see whet they use in citizen four.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███