Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I call myself out of this game.  (Read 4566 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:15:25 PM

I'm going to be "in the game" as long as I need to buy things on the internet, which is likely forever.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:25:46 PM

So, OP is afraid that he'll make too much money?
Afraid of easy money. Bitcoin looks like to be easy money right now, and that to me looks like the biggest red alert for a bubble to explode.
Price keeps doubling... Everyone will be rich soon.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:27:33 PM

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:37:46 PM

Did I put in more than 5% of my net worth into Bitcoin when I first heard about it and invested? No! Do I regret not putting in more? Hell yes! I suffer the consequences.

When I first heard about bitcoin, I could have bought it, lol. No, seriously, I could have bought maybe 5% of the supply and drive the price up 10000%.

Too bad, somebody else did. I suffer the consequences.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:47:33 PM

Did I put in more than 5% of my net worth into Bitcoin when I first heard about it and invested? No! Do I regret not putting in more? Hell yes! I suffer the consequences.

When I first heard about bitcoin, I could have bought it, lol. No, seriously, I could have bought maybe 5% of the supply and drive the price up 10000%.

People say the same thing with apple and google stock,
many missed out on the chance of millions from almost nothing,

Something sounds similar...
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:29:11 PM

google stock only went up 7.8 times up, so no, nobody missed nearly as much as with bitcoins

i am satoshi
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 10:14:22 PM

google stock only went up 7.8 times up, so no, nobody missed nearly as much as with bitcoins

While from the penny area nothing is going to beat bitcoin, From the dollar area where the ball really started rolling long term AAPL owners did better.

Nothing will beat bitcoin going from less then a fraction of a penny to $25, except....... bitcoin!

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:55:55 PM

Afraid of easy money. Bitcoin looks like to be easy money right now, and that to me looks like the biggest red alert for a bubble to explode.

Yes, easy money that people have spent years working with, buying, selling, starting business for. SO EASY!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:09:32 AM

I certainly understand the scared sentiment but true, things don't need much time to become well-known today.

I mean (ok slightly off-topic), just yesterday, I had heard about Ultra Ever Dry, but they had put a video on Youtube only 3 months ago.  It went from like 500K views or so I heard to being featured on a few blogs, then BAM. 3 million views.

Or heck, any music sensation video for that matter.

The point is that sure, while it is easy to worry and have too much confidence, there's just a finite supply of coins and tons of demand and awareness at this point to slow it down.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:25:35 AM

A market where everyone thinks that he is gonna be rich in the next few years cannot work.
It made sense for me to invest in the past when I felt alone in this tough, but now, now everyone went mad.

"everyone" and the current market are a fraction of what the future market will be. Saying that you don't think early adopters could get rich basically means you are saying the price can't continue to rise. If the price can't continue to rise what you are basically saying is that the future market will not grow. I'd bet against that. With a larger market in the future and a fixed supply... there will be an automatic increase in demand. Price rise is inevitable with market growth.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:28:11 AM

Just hold onto 50btc. 1 block. 1/420,000. Then if bitcoin lifts off, you're rich.
I have more and I will hold them for the next 20 years. Because I belive.

But what will happen to the random guy that invested more than he can lose @ 20$? A lot of people will be hurted by this bubble, this is why I don't want to invest now and I call myself out.

If you think this is a bubble, and if you have bitcoin savings, the rational thing to do would be to sell part of your bitcoins on the way up, and buy them back once the bubble pops.

That would help to dampen the bubble.

By "calling yourself out" you are neither helping yourself nor the bitcoin economy.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
xxjs

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 12:38:20 AM

Just hold onto 50btc. 1 block. 1/420,000. Then if bitcoin lifts off, you're rich.
I have more and I will hold them for the next 20 years. Because I belive.

But what will happen to the random guy that invested more than he can lose @ 20$? A lot of people will be hurted by this bubble, this is why I don't want to invest now and I call myself out.

You call yourself out, but hold more than 50. So you don't listen to yourself? You have to yell louder.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:18:35 AM

But what will happen to the random guy that invested more than he can lose @ 20$?

That person will learn a valuable, albeit painful, lesson and hopefully will not repeat that mistake in the future.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:38:33 AM

But what will happen to the random guy that invested more than he can lose @ 20$?

That person will learn a valuable, albeit painful, lesson and hopefully will not repeat that mistake in the future.

How many people spend $20 on cigarettes, or a horse race, or a bottle of whiskey?
All these are more of a "mistake" than an investment with a possibility/probability of making a profit. You can't be worried about other people's decisions.

ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:52:59 AM

You are not to bright if you thought that was my main point

my main argument was that during the run up of apple and google there were people who said exactly this

im saying bitcoin is similar, you still wanna throw that bet down  you never replied to that you nancy
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:06:56 AM

You are not to bright if you thought that was my main point

Not quite bright yourself, or maybe unfamiliar with markets, if you think GOOG play was a "chance of millions from almost nothing". No, it never was. I know you just can't pick the words right, but don't make that my problem suddenly.

i am satoshi
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:23:40 AM

Relevant chart:

I own a airplane ??   Sweeet !!!!
damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:10:00 AM

Relevant chart:

I own a airplane ??   Sweeet !!!!

I guess the demographic here is early bitcoin adoptors  Grin
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:49:48 AM

So you expect a consolidation soon?

Asset prizes tend to grow from undervalued to overvalued (at that time) and then either consolidate to a lower price (where people absorb loses) or stay at a higher price point until the valuation has caught up (which means the bubble didn't pop).

Anyway - if you're longterm bullish, it always makes sense to buy more bitcoin - but at a constant USD amount per month.. Buying leveraged is gambling.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:58:50 AM

Here is a slightly more updated technology adoption chart.
It makes the point that newer technologies have a faster mass adoption phase.
Bticoin is the newest of all. Even nanotechnology has an earlier beginning.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: