Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I call myself out of this game.  (Read 4566 times)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:26:07 AM

When I first heard about bitcoin, I could have bought it, lol. No, seriously, I could have bought maybe 5% of the supply and drive the price up 10000%.

Too bad, somebody else did. I suffer the consequences.

my main argument was that during the run up of apple and google there were people who said exactly this

im saying bitcoin is similar, you still wanna throw that bet down  you never replied to that you nancy

No, I never had the money to buy the entire market cap of either Apple or Google. With Bitcoin, many of us did. Now THAT is a remorse.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:01:01 AM

So, OP is afraid that he'll make too much money?
Afraid of easy money. Bitcoin looks like to be easy money right now, and that to me looks like the biggest red alert for a bubble to explode.
Price keeps doubling... Everyone will be rich soon.

So you expect a consolidation soon?

Asset prizes tend to grow from undervalued to overvalued (at that time) and then either consolidate to a lower price (where people absorb loses) or stay at a higher price point until the valuation has caught up (which means the bubble didn't pop).

Anyway - if you're longterm bullish, it always makes sense to buy more bitcoin - but at a constant USD amount per month.. Buying leveraged is gambling.
I agree with you... Completely. Yes, I except and will wait for a consolidation. The price might even to up to 50 or 100 before that for what I care.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:34:09 AM

<...>

Here is a slightly more updated technology adoption chart.
It makes the point that newer technologies have a faster mass adoption phase.
Bticoin is the newest of all. Even nanotechnology has an earlier beginning.

This also fits in with Ray Kurzweil's observation that technological progress is exponential.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:22:23 PM

google stock only went up 7.8 times up, so no, nobody missed nearly as much as with bitcoins

Missed?

I may have only been 11, but I saw a good thing coming.

I feel even better about Bitcoins though, long term.

piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:52:01 PM

And you still hold? Congratulations then. I'm still bitter at myself for exiting at 400.

i am satoshi
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:06:22 PM

Relevant chart:

I own a airplane ??   Sweeet !!!!

Sure you do.

You should ask for a ride.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:05:28 PM

When I first heard about bitcoin, I could have bought it, lol. No, seriously, I could have bought maybe 5% of the supply and drive the price up 10000%.

Too bad, somebody else did. I suffer the consequences.

my main argument was that during the run up of apple and google there were people who said exactly this

im saying bitcoin is similar, you still wanna throw that bet down  you never replied to that you nancy

No, I never had the money to buy the entire market cap of either Apple or Google. With Bitcoin, many of us did. Now THAT is a remorse.

The market cap is an illusion anyway. If you sold all bitcoins, you would get much less than the market cap, if you bought all bitcoins it would cost you much more (many, many times more) than the market cap.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:06:28 PM

And you still hold? Congratulations then. I'm still bitter at myself for exiting at 400.

You took profit. That's a win whichever way you slice it.

piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:18:22 PM

You took profit. That's a win whichever way you slice it.

True. Should've moved all that profit straight into bitcoin though. Yeah we're all so smart in the future Smiley Instead stuck in some crappy chinese stock that may takes years to recover.

i am satoshi
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:58:45 PM

You never know whether cashing out was profitable, until you have squandered away all the money. Before that, it's always speculation, and fortunes do change.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: