Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:32:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I call myself out of this game.  (Read 4563 times)
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:21:03 AM

A market where everyone thinks that he is gonna be rich in the next few years cannot work.
It made sense for me to invest in the past when I felt alone in this tough, but now, now everyone went mad.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:23:42 AM

Since 99.99% of the world population have never heard bitcoin, it's definietly far away from everyone thinks that he is gonna be rich

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
doke

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:32:09 AM

what's the reason anybody places any investments if anything, if not for some profit incentive?
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Nobody makes bets they plan on losing. They may plan for losing, but not on losing.

hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:06:46 AM

A market where everyone thinks that he is gonna be rich in the next few years cannot work.
It made sense for me to invest in the past when I felt alone in this tough, but now, now everyone went mad.

I am curios, are you going to sell all of your coins? Maybe sell enough to cover your initial investment? Perhaps selling 50% or so as to make a little money while you are at it?

Personally I am still in the game, but not fully invested. My thinking goes, you never knows what going to happen so you never want to be totally in or totally out. Always a stake and then changing the amount at risk depending on the fear or euphoria. Thats just me... what is your game plan?
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:26:25 AM

My question is what were you looking for?

You must have been following and supporting bitcoin for some time. Now, it is getting real traction outside the crypto-community, so surely this is good? An internet-based alternative to inflated and debased fiat is finally becoming available to all.  That is a worthy goal in itself.

The market is separate from this goal, and of course it will go up long-term, unless a mathematical flaw is found in SHA-256 or some such setback. If you are not interested in either then what were you looking for in bitcoin in the first place?

piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:45:41 AM

The beauty of bitcoin is that it continues to serve it's purpose even when all speculators are mad. So as long as the dev team is not mad, we're doing fine! Cheesy

But something tells me, such topics are usually started by people who sold early and didn't get an expected correction (missed the one yesterday?). Feel bad for you. Not planning to get rich speculating bitcoins btw, that would be silly, but everybody here is just glad to see an idea that they believe in gaining solid traction. Little monetary stimulation only adds to the joy.

i am satoshi
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:51:56 AM

Just hold onto 50btc. 1 block. 1/420,000. Then if bitcoin lifts off, you're rich.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:58:27 AM

Just hold onto 50btc. 1 block. 1/420,000. Then if bitcoin lifts off, you're rich.
I have more and I will hold them for the next 20 years. Because I belive.

But what will happen to the random guy that invested more than he can lose @ 20$? A lot of people will be hurted by this bubble, this is why I don't want to invest now and I call myself out.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:04:08 AM

people who invest in a crazily risky asset such as BTC without being ready to hold it for years are not very smart, and it has always been a rule that stupid people have to pay for the smarter ones. always been like this and it's not changing.

i am satoshi
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:08:07 PM

Roll Eyes

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:47:13 PM

I did not contradict myself. "The game" for me is buying now during this mad rally. A lot of people are doing it. They are "pretty confident to be the new wealthy elite" etc.
Bitcoin isn't going anywhere, I will just wait in case I decide to invest more.

zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:19:20 PM

I'll take those coins off your hands!
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

+100 I called myself out of this game when it hit 19.8 the last time I bought was 17.5. BTC is looking self destructive to me right now.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:35:02 PM

I remember this drift when the prices reached parity with the dollars. Had a ton of those 'this is a bubble' threads back then....
mr chong

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:25:23 PM

I am not sure why people keep saying this spike came out of no where and it is just a big bubble. If you look back to last month you will see this spike up from $12-13 came shortly after the big CES event where for the first time many people heard about bitcoins. Also wasn't this the first year bitcoins had a real presence at the show?

In todays fast pace digital age all it takes is a few new people discovering bitcoins for the first time to buy a few and then asks their friends if they own any and before long hundreds of new people are hearing about bitcoins and looking to pick up a few.

Then you add China into the mix where more people are finding out about this new e-currency then you look at the mess in Europe with the Euro barely holding on for dear life and it is easy to see why more people are looking for someplace else to park some of their money.

With the whole world connected through the Internet and its social network sites it does not take long for something to go from basically unknown to the masses to being the next big thing in a very short period. Is bitcoin the next big thing in this digital age? No way to know for sure but thanks to exposure like the CES events more people then ever are finding out about it.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:33:34 PM

But what will happen to the random guy that invested more than he can lose @ 20$? A lot of people will be hurted by this bubble, this is why I don't want to invest now and I call myself out.

My dad used to say: "You can do whatever you want, you just have to live with the consequences".

Did I put in more than 5% of my net worth into Bitcoin when I first heard about it and invested? No! Do I regret not putting in more? Hell yes! I suffer the consequences.

People have to re-learn to be responsible for themselves and not come crying for the state or whoever when things don't go their way. Bitcoin can help them learn. It's a good thing.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
sounds

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:55:33 PM

The number of people involved in bitcoin has gone up a lot recently.

That can lead to unpredictable swings but over time it will drive the price up.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 07:57:44 PM

This would make a lot of sense were it not for the post below:

Since 99.99% of the world population have never heard bitcoin, it's definietly far away from everyone thinks that he is gonna be rich

+1 to jl2012's post

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:14:42 PM

So, OP is afraid that he'll make too much money?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: