Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NVC killed BTC-E and Coinotron?  (Read 13130 times)
Zedster (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:39:07 PM

Site down for over an hour?  DDoS attacks?

I didn't do it!
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:40:01 PM

Site is down  Sad

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Zedster (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:42:18 PM

And Coinotron

Both are being hit from what I can make out.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:47:39 PM

i dont think it is a ddos

Error: The database server is not available now, so the page cannot be displayed correctly.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:50:50 PM

It's a DDoS, there are confirmations from btc-e and coinotron.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:51:34 PM

Someones hate for NVC was level :10

Or.... I cant believe I am gonna say this... a long con? That goes well with the pre-mined and immediate adoption of nvc on btc-e and price dumps and coinotron non-payments? :OOOOO

(btw, this is a joke...)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:51:51 PM

Wow, I guess someone is pissed about it. I hope when everything comes back up all the coins are in the same place!

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

Someones hate for NVC was level :10

Or.... I cant believe I am gonna say this... a long con? That goes well with the pre-mined and immediate adoption of nvc on btc-e and price dumps and coinotron non-payments? :OOOOO

(btw, this is a joke...)

Oh lordy here we go, down the rabbit hole!

more or less retired.
coinotron
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:54:00 PM

Coinotron is under DDOS attack Sad

matauc12

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:58:13 PM

Funny story though. I wake up, check on my miners as usual to make sure nothing crashed. Can't connect spam in reaper. Refresh first internet page that's up to see if its my internet (it was btc-e address in chrome)? No go. So I refresh the second tab (coinotron.com) No go. So I proceeded to troubleshoot my internet for like 10mins... Lol

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:08:48 PM

To DDoS BTC-E for the implementation of NVC is the right thing to do.

Up until now, BTC-E did everything to gain the trust of its users. But this
NVC thing is just corrupt wihtout limit.

Donatioins always welcome Wink
LTC: LL2UDTbQNx9UiP37ZzJ4CLQDWm6JPgZG8t
matauc12

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:14:29 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2013, 03:31:20 PM by matauc12

What about live and let live? Ddos attacks are dictatorship. A single person (or group of person) deciding what's good or not. What gets attacked or not. If it upsets people they can vote with their actions. Do not use BTC-e, do not mine NVC, do not use coinotron. Those are the proper course of actions. Not 1 person to decide the faith of something.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:17:11 PM

uhhh, no, not really. DDOSing is illegal, so it is never the right thing to do. I don't necessarily agree with BTC-E's choice, but its really their say what coins they offer. If you dont like NVC, don't trade them? its like if you dont like seafood, would you dismiss the service of a restaurant because they also offer seafood on their menu? Or would you just not order it.

Or maybe you support Germany pre-WW2?

cough cough, Nazi Germany was a fascist regime, they rather disliked communists. But besides that I agree with the sentiment

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:22:56 PM

What about live and let live? Ddos attacks are dictatorship. A single person (or group of person) deciding what's good or not. What gets attacked or not. If it upsets people they can vote with their actions. Do not use BTC-e, do not mine NVC, do not use coinotron. Those are the proper course of actions. Not 1 person to decide the faith of something.

No its not democratic. But not every non democratic decission is bad and people might agree with it. Like me.

uhhh, no, not really. DDOSing is illegal, so it is never the right thing to do. I don't necessarily agree with BTC-E's choice, but its really their say what coins they offer. If you dont like NVC, don't trade them? its like if you dont like seafood, would you dismiss the service of a restaurant because they also offer seafood on their menu? Or would you just not order it.

cough cough, Nazi Germany was a fascist regime, they rather disliked communists. But besides that I agree with the sentiment

Oh so if it is illegal, it can't be the right thing? So Gov. all over the World make the right decissions when creating the laws? Not in my opinion.
Just wait until they start making BTC illegal. You think its right then too?

matauc12

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:23:38 PM

Sorry, I had the impression it was dictatorship but on retrograde you are totally right and I have to admit my actual knowledge on the subject is very limited and I should refrain from speaking about stuff I don't know. Thanks! (I'll edit it to not cause somrthing off of that though)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:24:47 PM

Don't waste your time. Smiley

Such guys love and truly believe into dictatorship... Until soldiers or police crack of their own door. Many of dictatorship supporters was executed in 1917-1949 by their own rulers. Wink
matauc12

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:27:20 PM

No its not democratic. But not every non democratic decission is bad and people might agree with it. Like me.

Oh so if it is illegal, it can't be the right thing? So Gov. all over the World make the right decissions when creating the laws? Not in my opinion.
Just wait until they start making BTC illegal. You think its right then too?
That you agree with it or not is far from relevant. One man should not decide for a community. I don't defend NVC. I accuse ddos'ers of falsely labelling themselves as white knights and doing the very things their apparent ideology is against. Its hypocrisy at its best.
matauc12

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:30:28 PM

Such guys love and truly believe into dictatorship... Until soldiers or police crack of their own door. Many of dictatorship supporters was executed in 1917-1949 by their own rulers. Wink
Please don't see it as support for NVC. The non-global launch and the large premine is still unexplained. And although I don't actively hate or whatever, those either require a statement that you assume publicly the financiary gain (which honestly I don't really have anything against) or an explanation.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:30:41 PM

Such guys love and truly believe into dictatorship... Until soldiers or police crack of their own door. Many of dictatorship supporters was executed in 1917-1949 by their own rulers. Wink I think that it's just an evolution, natural selection.

Says the guy who loves his corrupt regime and premines his scamcoin to make some quick $.
Just weak.

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:34:09 PM

That you agree with it or not is far from relevant. One man should not decide for a community. I don't defend NVC. I accuse ddos'ers of falsely labelling themselves as white knights and doing the very things their apparent ideology is against. Its hypocrisy at its best.

Well but its interesting, that im labeled as nazi because i state my opinion.
I'm not the one who is DDosing so i guess i get some projected hatred here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: