Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NVC killed BTC-E and Coinotron?  (Read 13130 times)
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 05:54:09 PM

Ir does not matter if they removed the coin.  It doesnt matter if they "destroy" wink wink the premined coins. They can not be trusted now, they have proven that. NVC is a scam, but btc-e are the scammers.  Even if they removed nvc now, does anyone honestly think they wouldnt pull some shit in the future?  I would be willing to bet this is not the first time the customers have been scammed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dstruct2k

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

Ir does not matter if they removed the coin.  It doesnt matter if they "destroy" wink wink the premined coins. They can not be trusted now, they have proven that. NVC is a scam, but btc-e are the scammers.  Even if they removed nvc now, does anyone honestly think they wouldnt pull some shit in the future?  I would be willing to bet this is not the first time the customers have been scammed.
Agreed. I'm starting to wonder if they're even being DDOS'd right now, considering support and dev seemed to have more than enough time to go disable trades and remove orders during the first stretch of downtime. You can't do that if the site is unreachable.
Ja¥1337

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

All i have to say is.. The LTC community that i used to like, is reminding me an awful lot of the solidcoin community.

I'm wondering if it actually consists of some of them...

The way people are DDOSing.. Attacking other crypto currencies... "litecoin foundation"... i'm sorry but i don't like the way things are turning out...

What happened to our friendly community of the past??? I see mostly trolls as of now..   Huh

I still have 100% trust in BTC-e.. I do not see them as scammers because of 100k coins.. i mean come on guys?? What is 100k coins... nothing..

I remember back in the early days of LTC.. i used to mine 2000 LTC a day before everyone knew about GPU mining... people had 500k LTC.. and 100k was common place... didn't hear anyone complaining then...

Everyone ignore the trolls.. they are just jealous because they didn't get a chance to mine some NVC the first days when most of them were told about it... and they just said "NVC.. what's that?" had a laugh about it.. and went on about their lives... Until they saw it exchanging on BTC-e.. then all of a sudden they wanted some NVC and it was too late to mine a bunch.. Suddenly it's a problem... and BTC-e is a scam...

Also, don't forget.. LTC biggest exchange is BTC-e... they are located in Russia..  now who do you think buys the majority of LTC... Americans?? Think again... You guys think that you are the whole LTC community... but i feel you guys are trapped in your little bubble world... you are very few... i see 1000 people online on BTC-e... and never see more than 50 different people in this english LTC community... So who do you think will mine/buy all the NVC??  Wink

Jay1337
Exsept

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:19:41 PM

laughingbear, dstruct2k
Here that envy does with people Smiley
I sympathize with your pain, you are treated.
dstruct2k

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:22:44 PM

All i have to say is.. The LTC community that i used to like, is reminding me an awful lot of the solidcoin community.

The way people are DDOSing.. Attacking other crypto currencies... "litecoin foundation"... i'm sorry but i don't like the way things are turning out...

What happened to our friendly community of the past??? I see mostly trolls as of now..   Huh

I still have 100% trust in BTC-e.. I do not see them as scammers because of 100k coins.. i mean come on guys?? What is 100k coins... nothing..

I remember back in the early days of LTC.. i used to mine 2000 LTC a day before everyone knew about GPU mining... people had 500k LTC.. and 100k was common place... didn't hear anyone complaining then...

Everyone ignore the trolls.. they are just jealous because they didn't get a chance to mine some NVC the first days when most of them were told about it... and they just said "NVC.. what's that?" had a laugh about it.. and went on about their lives... Until they saw it exchanging on BTC-e.. then all of a sudden they wanted some NVC and it was too late to mine a bunch.. Suddenly it's a problem... and BTC-e is a scam...

Also, don't forget.. LTC biggest exchange is BTC-e... they are located in Russia..  now who do you think buys the majority of LTC... Americans?? Think again... You guys think that you are the whole LTC community... but i feel you guys are trapped in your little bubble world... you are very few... i see 1000 people online on BTC-e... and never see more than 50 different people in this english LTC community... So who do you think will mine/buy all the NVC??  Wink

Jay1337
Fuck the "foundation". The community discussions that have taken place are simply to help all the people that support the coin have a unified voice. Nobody is the "leader", and nobody will ever be accepted as such. The only reason the name "foundation" ever came into existence is because of small-minded individuals that can't understand how unifying our efforts to expand the coin works.

Back on topic: I mined a fair amount of NVC in the first few days, but knowing that the exchange was bribed into adding the coin, followed by this "downtime", has me VERY suspicious of their motives.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:25:50 PM

Somebody offers you a transparent service to trade something with others.. this is a scam how?  

When BTC-e devs worked for MMMCoin I didn't see all this fuss here.  

Really, if you don't want any don't buy them.  

Keep up the good work BTC-e support - -
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

I doubt any of the LTC community has anything to do with this, as it's happened to LTC in the past.  My guess is someone wants to take control of the NovaCoin chain, which is what happened with LTC before too. The intention is not to fork the chain but get as much nvc as possible while no one else has it or can figure out the value.   Ddos attacks are cheap I'm told, so if you have a massive farm it makes sense finacially (but not legally...).

What I have a problem with is that balthazar and btce told no one about their premine until I dumped and looked at the blockchain and then made a post here.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
dstruct2k

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:35:44 PM

Somebody offers you a transparent service to trade something with others.. this is a scam how?  

When BTC-e devs worked for MMMCoin I didn't see all this fuss here.  

Really, if you don't want any don't buy them.  

Keep up the good work BTC-e support - -
A "transparent service" doesn't accept bribes.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 06:41:11 PM

Jay1337

First, this guy is associated with btc-e, if I am not mistaken.
 Second, your only defence is that we are all just "jealous" that we weren't in on the scam from the start?  If that is your only argument, you only prove me correct.  You are also leaving out the part where the dev bribed the most popular alt coin exchange to feature the coin.

Bettor

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:41:35 PM

Agreed. I'm starting to wonder if they're even being DDOS'd right now, considering support and dev seemed to have more than enough time to go disable trades and remove orders during the first stretch of downtime. You can't do that if the site is unreachable.

Every server I ever had in the past 15 years had a direct terminal.

Quick request to whoever's DDOSing these guys: Give us 5 minute windows every half hour so we have a chance to get our coins out of the sites and to local wallets. That wouldn't interfere with your attempts to prevent "business as usual", but it would still let "just the simple user" get their money out.

Why do you want 1/2 as much time as they gave us the first time. :faceplant:

Do us all a favor and be suspicious quietly, hotshot.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

What i (personaly) blame is that there are 10-20 persons that heavily invested in LTC hope-ing in some magic that would pump the price up and right now are losing money, and thats the reason for all that anger. <- My point of view.

I have nothing with LTC, i love it, as i love all the coins that made/make me some profit, but there shouldnt only be 10-20 persons holding most of the ltc's...

Smiley

edit:

First, this guy is associated with btc-e, if I am not mistaken.
 Second, your only defence is that we are all just "jealous" that we weren't in on the scam from the start?  If that is your only argument, you only prove me correct.  You are also leaving out the part where the dev bribed the most popular alt coin exchange to feature the coin.

So, that means that everyone who owns an exchange cannot try to develop a coin, or cannot have a mod in there that developed a coin... Interesting... Insta-scammer if he does, by this logic right? Let me ask you, what IF you owned btc-e, and some time one of your mods made a coin? Wouldnt you put it there up for trade? Would you be a scammer for doing so?
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 06:46:22 PM

For the record, I did not invest anything in NVC, I saw it as crap from the start.  My problem is that if BTC-E is willing to take bribes, and manipulate currency, then they cant be trusted at all.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:48:54 PM

What happened to our friendly community of the past??? I see mostly trolls as of now..   Huh

I still have 100% trust in BTC-e.. I do not see them as scammers because of 100k coins.. i mean come on guys??What is 100k coins... nothing..

Also, don't forget.. LTC biggest exchange is BTC-e... they are located in Russia..  now who do you think buys the majority of LTC... Americans?? Think again... You guys think that you are the whole LTC community... but i feel you guys are trapped in your little bubble world... you are very few... i see 1000 people online on BTC-e... and never see more than 50 different people in this english LTC community... So who do you think will mine/buy all the NVC??  Wink

Jay1337

Exactly what is 100k coins that BTC-e would want to tarnish their reputation? Seems fishy to me.

They should walked away from NVC. They making enough money on all the other crypto trades.

It is called GREED.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Ja¥1337

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:51:49 PM

I am only associated with BTC-e because i am a mod. Just like Balthazar, Abbeytim and Bettor. The only difference is that i have no close relationship with the owners of the BTC-e. I was offered the job of moderator... I am from Canada.. basically i just ban people from chat for breaking the rules... I can count the times i've talked to BTC-e administration. Basically i'm saying that people are jealous because they didn't get to mine a bunch of NVC the first days.. which is what a lot people did... you could have mined something like 10k or more, the first days.. depending on your speed..
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:55:14 PM

I doubt any of the LTC community has anything to do with this, as it's happened to LTC in the past.  My guess is someone wants to take control of the NovaCoin chain, which is what happened with LTC before too. The intention is not to fork the chain but get as much nvc as possible while no one else has it or can figure out the value.   Ddos attacks are cheap I'm told, so if you have a massive farm it makes sense finacially (but not legally...).

What I have a problem with is that balthazar and btce told no one about their premine until I dumped and looked at the blockchain and then made a post here.

+1...yup sounds like a scam to me if that is the case TacoTime.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Bettor

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:56:20 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2013, 07:35:14 PM by Bettor

I never mined any of the crap coin or talked to anyone more than a couple sentences translated through Google. I never spoke of or bought the crap coin. And I sure never tried to tell them how to run their business, onsite or anywhere else. I have never received even a reduced fee or anything else from them either.

EDIT: Added I have no money interest in NVC or Btc-e whatsoever.
EDIT: WHAT? No timestamp on edits here? I wonder why it's a trollhole?
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 06:57:07 PM

FYI  100,000 coins at current market value on btc-e = 640.00 BTC

640 BTC = 16640.00 USD

Yeah, WTF was I worried about?
nethead

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:57:47 PM

Imaginary convo with smoothie:

Me: I farted.
Smoothie: ITS A SCAM!!

no offense, i like you but...
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:59:09 PM

640 BTC = 16640.00 USD

yeah it's ONLY $16,000 USD right?

no biggie...just mine the fuck out of NVC over 3 days and make $16k....LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

nethead

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:59:26 PM

640 BTC = 16640.00 USD

Why you dont bitch about other members coin holdings? I dont see an 100k sell order on btc-e, and by the way, they deserve it. Please read my previous post too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: