Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How long before a new record price is set?  (Voting closed: February 22, 2013, 02:58:03 AM)
Four Hours! - 2 (1.4%)
By Tomorrow - 8 (5.7%)
By the end of the week - 13 (9.2%)
Maybe this month - 81 (57.4%)
Years - 4 (2.8%)
Not likely before the big crash - 8 (5.7%)
More likely to reach 32 "bad gateway" errors on bitcointalk first - 25 (17.7%)
Total Voters: 141

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Four hours to a new record price! ( + Poll )  (Read 2455 times)
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 02:58:03 AM

It took just four hours back in June 2011 for the price to rocket from 27 to the still-standing record price of $31.90/BTC:

Guess what, the price is 27.4 again, the highest Bitcoin has been for it's entire history except for a few fleeting hours on that June 9. We are one button-click away from a new record price!

Will it happen?  Huh
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:05:18 AM

Ironically, I got a "502 Bad Gateway" error when voting for the poll. I guess my option of choice is justified.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:05:31 AM

I'd buy, but I'm out of USD. Sad

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 03:13:28 AM

Interesting times.

There's a lot more ask depth these days, though - I doubt it will be a straight shot from 27 to 32 this time around.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:42:00 AM

you and all of the other irrational bulls. ready for the squeeeeeze

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:43:27 AM

I'd say 3-4 months
dakiller

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:53:01 AM

10 days  Grin

Ignore the scale, was just a copy and paste job in paint
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:32:20 PM

I'll raise you with a chart with a less "narrow" view. Increase the timespan a bit and compare to an economic bubble chart:

I think we might drop down to 8-10, but might rebound and stay around 16-18 USD/BTC. But this last statement doesn't have a lot of research in it. Just a guess on what prices could reach after the bubble pops.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:56:02 PM

Dude, why are you so mad that you sold too early while the rest of us didn't?

Anyways, I put maybe by the end of the month because it's really hard to tell.  On one hand, we're so flippin' close but, on the other, it's very clear that no one is quite sure what will happen as good news continues to poor in and an unknown number of new buyers are entering the market.  It's also hard to tell what psychological implications are to be had at $30 (if any).  I really thought we'd be stuck at $20 for much longer.

So, in conclusion, I dunno. Maybe?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:58:55 PM

Single digits here we come!!  the correction is near...  WHEEE!!

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 05:24:54 PM

No such thing, unless you know of a BTC exchange that supports margin trading. (In which case, being out of USD wouldn't be keeping theymos from buying!)

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:15:03 PM

I think coinbase is driving up most of this and they are out of coins atm. There are other ways to get dollars into the market, but they are not as convenient or cheap. I'll have to wait.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BitcoinRate.com

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 06:55:24 PM

off topic, but is there any idea who/what caused the major dip couple of days ago?

★ Get +16GB extra on your Dropbox: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142163.0
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:59:54 PM

Single digits here we come!!  the correction is near...  WHEEE!!

I wish.  I'm now kicking myself for deciding not to buy more at $14.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:42:53 PM

No such thing, unless you know of a BTC exchange that supports margin trading. (In which case, being out of USD wouldn't be keeping theymos from buying!)
Bitcoinica.

Seriously, there is icbit.se.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:53:19 PM

chart is really lookin like a bubble.
but nobody knows when the bubble pops Smiley maybe at 30 USD, maybe at 100 USD, 1000 USD??
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 09:21:02 PM

Bitcoinica.

Seriously, there is icbit.se.
bitfinex.com

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:44:55 PM

but nobody knows when the bubble pops Smiley maybe at 30 USD, maybe at 100 USD, 1000 USD??

If you believe that it's a bubble, and you still buy more in the hopes that you can sell to the next sucker for more, you deserve whatever outcome that you get.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:46:38 PM

If you believe that it's a bubble, and you still buy more in the hopes that you can sell to the next sucker for more, you deserve whatever outcome that you get.

Most participants in a bubble win something. It's just those left holding the bag that get burned.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:59:54 PM

Dude, why are you so mad that you sold too early while the rest of us didn't?

i sold when the price hit a specific price-point beyond which the risk of holding btc was greater than i was comfortable with. everyone can't be rich. are you that confident in your skills at musical chairs? when this bubble finally does pop, i'm sure there will be people with gains smaller than mine who continued to hold past when i sold.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: