Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:00:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first confirmation is taking way to Effing long!!!  (Read 2223 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 09:57:43 PM

My mempool is at ~1.2 GB and showing 40k unconfirmed transactions. However, keep in mind that most of this is spam:

As long as your fee is adequate you will be fine. Delay will only occur when there is unusual block timing.
so,how big influence of fee to the transaction confirmations?is bigger fee equal with faster transaction confirmation?
glad to hear your explanation,i'm sure people here wondering about this too.

Essentially yes, but there is a point where its no longer helping you to pay a higher fee. Think of it like there is space for roughly 2000 TX in the next block. Miners will try[1] to put the most fees per byte in the block as possible to maximize their reward[2]. If e.g. a 42 satoshi/byte fee puts your TX in the top 2000 that is enough and paying a higher fee will not make your TX confirm faster. You might even make the top 2000 with 30 or even 25 satoshi/byte. Maybe the next two blocks are enough for you so you only pay 20 satoshi/byte. Since you dont know which other transactions are issued into the network after yours but before the block is found, you can never be 100% sure your TX will be in the next block. You can however pay a reasonable high fee and will very likely be included. Its very unlikely that there are suddently 2017 transactions paying a 1 BTC fee each.

All this is only relevant for the first confirmation, all subsequent confirmations are given for any block found on top of the one that puts your TX into the blockchain.

[1] its a difficult problem, see -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knapsack_problem
[2] this will become a more pressing issue in the future when the blockreward is reduced further

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:33:59 PM

I can understand the pain of slow transactions but I've personally just got used to the idea that bitcoin isn't always reliably fast. Whenever I send anything I generally expect it to show up within 2 hours and haven't been disappointed yet Tongue
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:05:58 AM

I can understand the pain of slow transactions but I've personally just got used to the idea that bitcoin isn't always reliably fast. Whenever I send anything I generally expect it to show up within 2 hours and haven't been disappointed yet Tongue
agree with that,sometime bitcoin can't called as fast payment when some people pained by so long confirmation transaction,but anyway bitcoin still have fast transaction.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2016, 08:22:24 AM

Cant really add anything to this thread without TX ID.
could be serious, but could be spam too.

Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:48:41 PM

I include 50% above the required fees, and am still having an absurd delay on some transactions.
When I do not actually use BTC it is much easier to fall in love with the idea.
Sorry, but some of you need to face reality...

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:13:42 AM

I include 50% above the required fees, and am still having an absurd delay on some transactions.
Eh, I don't care whether or not there is a block taking a long time.

It's like a wire transaction or a check, it can take a long time without the proper infrastructure to move funds quickly.

Facing reality is just whether or not you can wait for a block, and assuming Bitcoin reached a fair amount of popularity in the real world, there would be a program that would mitigate this effect, almost guarantee it.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:38:09 AM

Hi all,
Based on past experience, I can predict the first one or 2 people to try to complain about this type of post, so F offf...
My first confirmation is taking way to Effing long!!!

This time, I gave more then the min. required fee, and the transaction still was ignored in a block with over 3,000 transactions.
I Love Bitcoin, but it has serious issues which need to be solved soon.
yes its will happen soon,people like you that new come into bitcoin world is normal if upset with bitcoin transaction,if that take so long,i will make sure that is rare to happen,so dont too worry about that.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:45:46 AM

Seems like you are trying to create some more panic to get cheap bitcoin hehe.
Yes bitcoin taking long time than 10 minutes sometimes if you use online wallet where they fail to sync every 10 minutes and get sync only after 30 to 40 minute and sometime within 1 to 2 minute. This is quite anonying for me tooo, i don't have experience with real bitcoin hardware wallet.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 06:06:24 AM

Yes bitcoin taking long time than 10 minutes sometimes if you use online wallet where they fail to sync every 10 minutes and get sync only after 30 to 40 minute and sometime within 1 to 2 minute.
What is this supposed to mean? What kind of wallet are we talking about?

Cant really add anything to this thread without TX ID.
could be serious, but could be spam too.
Indeed.

Again, it comes down to satoshi/byte at the time and the size of your TX. A fee of X will work for some of your transactions, but might not work for some other ones (e.g. due to size).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: