Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns BTC-E?  (Read 11091 times)
dstruct2k

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:41:44 PM

I would like to share here the btc-e users list i got from inside the rucoin client.

Cyan = mods
Green= users
Gray = dev
Red  = support

Its kinda offtopic, but also kinda ontopic  Wink

EDIT: Forgot the link: http://www.rucoin.us/btceusers.png

A correction here. Cyan colored users might indicate high coin volume.
(and after i posted that my rucoin client cannot see the chat at all, but it might be my pc fault)
I think you've gone crazy, there's no way that Simran is a mod.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:48:01 PM

I think you've gone crazy, there's no way that Simran is a mod.

thats why i corrected it afterwards
what i meant on my correction was that users that might have a high coin volume might have a different tag and thats why they are cyan(blue) on there
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:50:40 PM

Ill go through it one more time.

whois btc-e.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/btc-e.com

Domain name:             BTC-E.COM
Name Server:             brad.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server:             gail.ns.cloudflare.com
Creation Date:           2011.06.17
Updated Date:            2013.02.14
Expiration Date:         2013.06.17
Registrant ID:           YLNB25U-RU
Registrant Name:         Svetleichi Dmitri
Registrant Organization: Svetleichi Dmitri

Registrant Street1:      13a, Sobachkina str.
Registrant City:         Pushkino
Registrant Postal Code:  854785

NOW... taking that information check out http://imfed.org/ratings/btc-e-unknown-company/  and READ

The following line is from the website!

The street address “13a Sobachkina str.” has been used by a “fake shipping and escrow company run by Romanian scammers”, according to a blogpost and this site.

If you still dont get this, then I dont know what to tell you...  and if that IS a fake address. That makes it even more likely that he was the owner of "perfect-cargo.net" the scam site in question.
http://netscammers.blogspot.de/2011/07/perfect-cargonet-selling-your-dead-sons.html

No, it doesn't make sense. This address doesn't prove anything. It's an exemplary address and could be used by anyone applying a domain registration request. Registrars in Russia don't check...
collaghost

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:52:45 PM

Ill go through it one more time.

whois btc-e.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/btc-e.com

Domain name:             BTC-E.COM
Name Server:             brad.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server:             gail.ns.cloudflare.com
Creation Date:           2011.06.17
Updated Date:            2013.02.14
Expiration Date:         2013.06.17
Registrant ID:           YLNB25U-RU
Registrant Name:         Svetleichi Dmitri
Registrant Organization: Svetleichi Dmitri

Registrant Street1:      13a, Sobachkina str.
Registrant City:         Pushkino
Registrant Postal Code:  854785

NOW... taking that information check out http://imfed.org/ratings/btc-e-unknown-company/  and READ

The following line is from the website!

The street address “13a Sobachkina str.” has been used by a “fake shipping and escrow company run by Romanian scammers”, according to a blogpost and this site.

If you still dont get this, then I dont know what to tell you...  and if that IS a fake address. That makes it even more likely that he was the owner of "perfect-cargo.net" the scam site in question.
http://netscammers.blogspot.de/2011/07/perfect-cargonet-selling-your-dead-sons.html

Well, it's absolutely obvious that address in whois is fake, that's not a big deal. I don't put my real identity information in whois records either, that doesn't make me scammer just because of that. Besides that it matches only partially (postcodes do not match). “13a Sobachkina str.” is like John Doe you'd see in context of fill out form templates but in regards to customer's address.  This is coming from the example templates about how to fill in domain registration forms as stated in RoadTrain post above. They could be found at domain.perm.ru/org_t.txt or w3.redcom.ru/form_for_ru.html or here within a .doc file www.b2bnext.ru/files/flib/36.doc (many more you can find searching web for 13a Sobachkina str.).
Your statement is btc-e uses fictuous whois data means btc-e are scammers which I don't think makes any sense.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 03:56:42 PM

New member Roadtrain with a postcount of 10, most of them btc-e defending posts.... THINK

1: yes, it could be a fake address. buy WHY would you trust someone with SO MUCH MONEY who uses a fake phone and address?

2: If you are going to use a fake address, WHAT A COINCIDENCE, that he randomly picked the same fake address that the scammers used in the "perfect-cargo.net" scam?

dstruct2k

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:58:01 PM

New member Roadtrain with a postcount of 10, most of them btc-e defending posts.... THINK

1: yes, it could be a fake address. buy WHY would you trust someone with SO MUCH MONEY who uses a fake phone and address?

2: If you are going to use a fake address, WHAT A COINCIDENCE, that he randomly picked the same fake address that the scammers used in the "perfect-cargo.net" scam?

Dude. It's the Russian version of "123 Any St". Give it a bloody rest.
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:58:33 PM

dont use their service then and problem solved
collaghost

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:15:29 PM

1: Well, first of all thanks for the original links, they're helpful as a reference. But what I didn't like is that they can't be used as an evidence (well, besides the evidence that whois info is fake), thus you don't have to jump into conclusion that btc-e is a scam. There's a high risk if you use an exchange with the owners being anonymous, you're right. I guess those operating with a large amounts of money choose mtgox to a large degree because of that (apart from they're older, trade large volumes, e.t.c. e.t.c.). But unlike mtgox btc-e allows (I believe, at least I had no issues with that) their customers to stay anonymous too. So at the very end you had to choose what's your top priority and use service which suit you best.

2: I have explained that in the post above. If some other address had been used that would be unlikely. But what are chances of 2 various people to use Joe Doe as a username in domain registration info? I can bet you can find much more than 2 domains with first name Joe and second being Doe.
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 04:22:05 PM

I see now that I may have been mistaken in drawing a connection between btc-e and this scam site.  This apparently is a generic address that is commonly used.  I had no idea.  I assumed that a business that holds such a large amount of other peoples money, would have at least some real contact info.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

I see now that I may have been mistaken in drawing a connection between btc-e and this scam site.  This apparently is a generic address that is commonly used.  I had no idea.  I assumed that a business that holds such a large amount of other peoples money, would have at least some real contact info.
Sad but doing bussiness in Russia is a bit different than in western countries. You shouldn't be surprised. Maybe at some point they will register a company in Belize or Caribbean, if you know what I mean  Wink

What about my posts. I've been a passive reader for some time. Just got bored with all this shit being thrown at the site I really like. Ordinary story.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 06:50:48 PM

I see now that I may have been mistaken in drawing a connection between btc-e and this scam site.  This apparently is a generic address that is commonly used.  I had no idea.  I assumed that a business that holds such a large amount of other peoples money, would have at least some real contact info.
Sad but doing bussiness in Russia is a bit different than in western countries. You shouldn't be surprised. Maybe at some point they will register a company in Belize or Caribbean, if you know what I mean  Wink

What about my posts. I've been a passive reader for some time. Just got bored with all this shit being thrown at the site I really like. Ordinary story.
I live in Russia. Indeed, no one would dream of such a company registered in his real name. This is dangerous. Registering the company in a false name, to protect your money. Government can steal the money.. And not vice versa. In this way they take care of your safety (safety of your finances). Only trust. Relationship on trust.  I'm not sure, but I think that they have a server in the offshore. This must be really anonymous exchange.
Edit
And yes, the address - this is a pattern. They simply leave the information as a sample of the proposed forms filling.

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:37:09 PM

This is the thread that needs to be active. ^ Interesting POV that most here cannot provide.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:55:06 PM

No one in Russia register with a real phone and address dude, actually most people in the US don't do that either, I have 20 domains and all of them protected with privacy guard with a fake address pointing to my registrar. Registering with a real phone and address is asking for being scammed/spammed to death.

Also BTC-E is operating a semi-illegal exchange, or at least a legal grey area exchange, since they don't do AML verification. So why would they want to post their real phone and address.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
bnjmnkent

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:47:19 AM

Update:
They do KYC/AML now for wire transfers.
The receiving address is registered with mayzus financial ltd which itself
is registered with the fsa in uk.

Disclaimer: I am not registered. I tested the support, and Russian is pretty much
a requirement to work things out, I believe.
Trance

Activity: 551

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:25:12 AM

I have posted this several times, and the owner has already been found to be a scammer

http://imfed.org/ratings/btc-e-unknown-company/

Look to the bottom of the page and it lays out how the owner Dmitri Svetleichi has already been linked to a scam from the website perfect-cargo.net

Thank you so much for this!
$2000 recently stolen by BTC-E selectively scamming those around the world!

I will be corresponding with others to create a website domain to show the flaws of BTC-E and their fraudulent activities!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:32:11 AM

BTC-E is like walking into a bar that has a gambling ring in the back run by the Russian mafia. I mean you're probably gonna be okay.. but it's a kinda shady place.
anddam

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:33:52 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 06:45:15 AM by anddam

Can you elaborate further on this?

Are you suggesting BTC-E itself is randomly stealing money from its users ot keep a low profile?

If so what's the scam part, that is why wouldn't this just be a theft?

edit:
I just found your own thread among others messages, I'm continuing discussion there.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 10:18:04 AM

I own it now what's the problem ?

i purchased it with QRK -

seriously , ahh its an exchange if the quality goes down - vote that way - if it stays as the rock solid exchange its been so far - continue -

i mean - Whack a mole comes to mind if you are trying to discredit exchanges in crypto these days BTC38 does more trans now - and its only a matter of time before lots of others to all fiat pop up - all over the world -

so ah , what to do about that ?

send Drones ?

ah i forgot - Russian Tech

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
akaman

Activity: 247

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:04:45 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 07:57:02 PM by akaman

Are you suggesting BTC-E itself is randomly stealing money from its users ot keep a low profile?

I (another unfortunate BTC-E client) made a withdrawal of 3.35 BTC from BTC-E on 11/23. The amount was removed from my BTC-E balance (now at zero) but the transaction never appeared on the blockchain, i.e. money is gone. Attempts to contact support have been futile (3 attempts). The matter remains unresolved.

So yes, BTC-E is without doubt stealing funds from users.

At today's exchange rate 3.35 BTC equals USD 3,350.

I can only strongly recommend everyone to avoid the risk and not deal with BTC-E. Its an anonymous Russian(?) exchange that steal funds from customer accounts with impunity.

UPDATE My issue was finally resolved through their ticketing system after two more support tickets and a PM to btce-e.com user on this forum. Although I'm happy to see my funds returned, the wait was unacceptable (2 weeks).
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

I (another unfortunate BTC-E client) made a withdrawal of 3.35 BTC from BTC-E on 11/23. The amount was removed from my BTC-E balance (now at zero) but the transaction never appeared on the blockchain, i.e. money is gone. Attempts to contact support have been futile (3 attempts). The matter remains unresolved.

So yes, BTC-E is without doubt stealing funds from users.

At today's exchange rate 3.35 BTC equals USD 3,350.

I can only strongly recommend everyone to avoid the risk and not deal with BTC-E. Its an anonymous Russian exchange that steal funds from customer accounts with impunity.

Hello, write the ticket number.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: