Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:55:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Scammer Accusation] BTC-e.com or Balthazar  (Read 10953 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:32:53 AM

NVC @ 0.02464/BTC  up from 0.003 last week.  Something is happening. But it's an alt coin no one seems to care?  Someone is making a lot of BTC off it.
It's called a pump'n'dump, quite simple. Balthazar is buying up all the NovaScams on the market, waiting for people to accept the newer inflated price and them dumping all his coins and making a new cryptocurrency.
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:16:21 PM

NVC @ 0.02464/BTC  up from 0.003 last week.  Something is happening. But it's an alt coin no one seems to care?  Someone is making a lot of BTC off it.
It's called a pump'n'dump, quite simple. Balthazar is buying up all the NovaScams on the market, waiting for people to accept the newer inflated price and them dumping all his coins and making a new cryptocurrency.

Yes I know what it is, but I do appreciate the lesson.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:11:39 PM

odds are 99% of the coins is being bought buy the guy selling it...

just look at what is going on with btc at gox...

Yeah BTC and NVC seemed like they were being pumped up for the past week or so by someone.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:20:16 AM

NVC is a complete scam. BTC-e I thought I trusted. But given their support for such a scam coin I'm not sure anymore.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:23:10 AM

Over this NVC drama I will never touch it and I lost a lot of respect for btc-e but I do not see how pump and dump premined alt coins is a scam...

OP needs to see what solid coin was...  and he will understand NVC is going to take the same path.

for once I agree with you. NVC is pure BS. Equivalent of solidcoin status.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 06:30:52 AM

Get your Baldthazar NovaCoin Master Tee for $12.50! PM me!

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:02:17 AM

At least gox has some depth. I find it hard to understand how there are nearly 5K in BTC buy orders
Using current prices @ BTC-E

Amount NVC:    110,000

Price per NVC:    0.0099 BTC

Total:    1091 BTC           

Price per BTC: 29.2 usd

Total: $31,857 USD

Oh I see what you mean. But still, that's pretty much extrapolation, I doubt there's 30k worth of interest to actually do that trading. Then again, if everyone ignored the problems there might be, so.

The recent NVC high was .0225 NVC/BTC

* 110,000NVC

= 2750 BTC and at the recent BTC high of 31.3 = 86,000USD.

??!?!??!?!

more or less retired.
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 11:14:58 AM

At least gox has some depth. I find it hard to understand how there are nearly 5K in BTC buy orders
Using current prices @ BTC-E

Amount NVC:    110,000

Price per NVC:    0.0099 BTC

Total:    1091 BTC           

Price per BTC: 29.2 usd

Total: $31,857 USD

Oh I see what you mean. But still, that's pretty much extrapolation, I doubt there's 30k worth of interest to actually do that trading. Then again, if everyone ignored the problems there might be, so.

The recent NVC high was .0225 NVC/BTC

* 110,000NVC

= 2750 BTC and at the recent BTC high of 31.3 = 86,000USD.

??!?!??!?!

Yes I too am very jealous here but really what can be done. Wish I coulda mined some too. The area is so gray.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 01:59:35 PM

Get your Baldthazar NovaCoin Master Tee for $12.50! PM me!

I lolled.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 05:36:20 AM

heheh ppl still cry? 90% of you that were bitching are already in the pools
GET OVER IT (im talking to the other 10% who still cry)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 01:08:54 PM

Up!  Cheesy
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:19:17 PM

So I see a bigger problem in all this... enableing.. Everytime a new altcoin comes along people attach themselves like leeches to a warm body. The huge red flag when it came to this coin was it just all of a sudden appeared. That exchange killed the trade of most of the altcoins awhile back because of lack of trade intrest. in my mind  it should've been fishy when a phantom coin all of a sudden hits the trade market.

Of course then the "WTF" starts. Individuals begin hunting for the code and soon enough after a nice rigged price hike what do these individuals do? they enable it by tradeing without proper research.

Does it suprise me? Hell no this same exchange traded and is looking to trade RuCoin again. We all know how big of a cluster fuck joke that is in itself.

I'mp rayingthat in the long term this turns out to be one of those common sence.mistakes on the part of the exchanges owners. It's kinda like all the gas stations that began to sell "Spice" only to find out it was a harmful drug that was rejected really quick by a large percent of the public. I think what saved a lot of heartache with that example was a slew of company owners had the product pulled from the planogram before laws wher made makeing it a controlled substance.

I believe if BTC-E was truely not guilty it would have removed the trade of this coin and in this case found a way to reimburse those who invested into it.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 04:34:31 PM

Up!  Cheesy

Why would you bump this? Happy you premined and got away with it? lulz.
Maybe because I like clowns and I want to see the next season of this drama?  Wink

Many worthless words without any proof, trolls seems like a zombies. "Premine... Premine... We are hungry and need premine". That's more than funny, because the clowns actually have nothing to say. Especially about premine, which was public, never exists in the specified volumes and was destroyed using my instructions. Oh I'm agree that it's hurts for them... Anyway, nonsense's author sooner or later will be ashamed of yourself. No one cares about troll's feelings, because it is possible to break the balance, but it doesn't last long. Because the truth is always on the side of right, and they afraid of this. Tongue

But this isn't a tragedy for them, they able to just wipe their snot, and move on. A year later this shame will be forgotten by the community. Especially if they dedicate themselves to useful work for this community. Smiley

Of course then the "WTF" starts. Individuals begin hunting for the code and soon enough after a nice rigged price hike what do these individuals do? they enable it by tradeing without proper research.

Does it suprise me? Hell no this same exchange traded and is looking to trade RuCoin again. We all know how big of a cluster fuck joke that is in itself.

I'mp rayingthat in the long term this turns out to be one of those common sence.mistakes on the part of the exchanges owners. It's kinda like all the gas stations that began to sell "Spice" only to find out it was a harmful drug that was rejected really quick by a large percent of the public. I think what saved a lot of heartache with that example was a slew of company owners had the product pulled from the planogram before laws wher made makeing it a controlled substance.

I believe if BTC-E was truely not guilty it would have removed the trade of this coin and in this case found a way to reimburse those who invested into it.
There is a flaw in your sentences, this situation has nothing similar to RUC. If you want additional info, we can talk in PM. It's not information thread, it's trolling one. Smiley
HappyScamp

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:05:41 PM

Screw god damn btce.

Their site is always down.  garbage.

Manstef

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:33:43 AM

THink I might be putting my foot in it here, but one semi related question I have is, if I dont see unconfirmed transaction immediatley for an address on blockchain.info, can I conclude no transaction has taken place?
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:34:53 AM

THink I might be putting my foot in it here, but one semi related question I have is, if I dont see unconfirmed transaction immediatley for an address on blockchain.info, can I conclude no transaction has taken place?

No.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Manstef

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:37:33 AM

Thanks for the quick response bitinvestor, you legend, that's a weight off. I had a transaction sent over 12 hours ago now but still no confirmations, is this normal at present?
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:52:54 AM

Thanks for the quick response bitinvestor, you legend, that's a weight off. I had a transaction sent over 12 hours ago now but still no confirmations, is this normal at present?

No, it's not normal. Contact the person who sent you the transaction.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Manstef

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:09:32 PM

think I've seen the cause of it now, one of these is the likely address sending it https://blockchain.info/address/1AdvcxSNdxdbRLquZdr9R2F29j7qAJRMY
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:23:28 PM

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: