Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver oz price dipping to $29.70 and Bitcoin hitting $27.50, gap closing fast  (Read 5116 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 10:05:45 PM

When did I ever compare 1 bitcoin to 1 ounce?

I was implying that comparing the 2 markets is a retarded point and ignoring bitcoin just because it is smaller is ignorant,

How long has gold/silver been around in this world in comparison to bitcoin? it has AGES of time before bitcoin

my point was that do you think that gold just started off at whatever X USD you said? no you clown it gradually made its way to where it is now, the stuff is constantly being mined and there is no real determined number of how much there is,

Unlike Gold and Silver, Bitcoin has a determined number of how many there will be in existance, (edit: We know a General Idea of how many there will be in the end), this is a huge factor on why i think if not now then in the end bitcoin will be worth so much more than it is,

You can compare the 2 all you want and say that its a joke but my point is what is stopping bitcoin from reaching the markets that gold and silver is in its own time? nothing. Everyone involved that are the bigger players, (businesses and miners)are presumably here til the end

as I said, there are people who disagree with Everything in this world regardless of the subject, bitcoin is no different  

Edit:
I forgot to add in the beginning that I knew you would have trouble understanding, Clown

I didn't say that.  In fact, I wasn't replying to you.  But you don't care, you just want to attack me.

What really bugs me is that in spite of the fact that I agree with most of your positions, you still insist on attacking me.  You've made me your enemy and you don't even read what I say.  You just attack me for some position I never said I held.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:45:04 AM

Now, in Feb 2013, it is likely to achieve that milestone. If the fundamentals remain strong it will stay there.

unless we bubble up, this is unlikely. all indicators now point to a reversal. it may not happen, but it is probable.

i'm still a long-term bull, though. i'd be surprised if the all-time high wasn't broken in 2013.

All time high in 2013 ??  It's a matter of days !   100$ in 2013 would not be so surprising for me !
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:54:42 AM

Is there someone with a reddit account who can get this link promoted?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144383.msg1540335#msg1540335

Done !

http://www.reddit.com/r/economy/comments/18urz7/bitcoin_at_parity_with_silver/
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 01:14:24 AM

bye bye silver, welcome BTC in the precius "metal"
There is no chance in hell silver as money can be replaced with bitcoin. You see, gold and silver are money and have always been because of their physical properties which make them perfectly suited for being money. Gold and silver are durable, divisible, convenient, fungible and has intrinsic value. Bitcoin does not: it is just internet cash, useful but no more.

Gold and silver are perfectly suited for being money?  Okay, I'll give you $10,000 for 1oz of Silver if you personally deliver it to me within the hour.  Actually, I take that back, I don't want 1oz.  Since it's easily divisible as you say, give me exactly 0.98765 ounces in 1 hour, and you have your 10 grand. 

That's one hell of a deal I'm giving you.  Lucky for you silver is perfectly suitable so you should have no problem fulfilling this request.  Tick, tock.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
solex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 01:34:38 AM

Gold and silver are perfectly suited for being money?  Okay, I'll give you $10,000 for 1oz of Silver if you personally deliver it to me within the hour.  Actually, I take that back, I don't want 1oz.  Since it's easily divisible as you say, give me exactly 0.98765 ounces in 1 hour, and you have your 10 grand.  

That's one hell of a deal I'm giving you.  Lucky for you silver is perfectly suitable so you should have no problem fulfilling this request.  Tick, tock.

Absolute classic. Love it!

Great!  Smiley

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:12:03 AM

All time high in 2013 ??  It's a matter of days !   100$ in 2013 would not be so surprising for me !

The last time I saw someone post '$100 this year' was right before the last $32 peak in 2011, and we finished the year barely above $2.  I hope it won't be the same this time around.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: