Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I got hacked , All my Bitcoin and Litecoin lost  (Read 10141 times)
rektDude

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:30:58 AM

This is clearly a phishing scam! If these are true, I guess there is no way for you to get back your coins unless the hacker decided to give them back to you. This is the disadvantage of no-charge back feature of bitcoin, even though the transaction was not initiated by the owner.

I think its a exe file too ,phishing + exe, fake software, After you download the software it will.automaticaly install in your computer, the software contains keylogger, It can remove by manually uninstalling it. I heard a news about it
That is worst man that you are hacked and indeed there are now a lot of scammers here and that is quite bad and the reason is that Bitcoin is getting more popular.
If there will be more people that is going to use Bitcoin than there will be also more scammers and you cant stop them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:35:38 AM

So, another company just got hacked. I'm really sorry to hear that, but this incident will remind us about how important it is to not just believe people you just met on internet.

faucet used to be profitable
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:39:52 AM

So, another company just got hacked. I'm really sorry to hear that, but this incident will remind us about how important it is to not just believe people you just met on internet.

...and how important it is to treat Bitcoin and any other e-currencies as they are. a tool to make cash but to not store in them. once you hit a "number", you have to withdraw fast to your bank(s).

it doesn't matter what security measures you take. the HTTP is not safe.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:50:27 AM

do you run a full node? I think If your wallet was encrypted then they sent it via rpc calls.

What?

Yeah does not make sense. You still need to send the walletphrase RPC command to spend the coins via API if the wallet was encrypted.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:33:22 AM

OP have you mentioned to anyone that you have that kind of digital money? 425 Bitcoins and 40 000 Litecoins are a huge amount of cash. Maybe you have told a close friend or a family member because if they knew your full name telephone number job and address it must have been someone in your circle. I don't think it's a random attack someone must have known these coins belonged to you. If you have any doubts contact the local police and ask if they can investigate a possible scammer friend of yours.

respawn2

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:02:07 PM

Bitcoin is never lost, OP. It merely moves from weaker to stronger hands.
respawn2

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:44:06 PM

Bitcoin is never lost, OP. It merely moves from weaker to stronger hands.
Well I wouldn't say that, that is pretty elitist bullshit and we can't ever expect a mainstream adoption with that sort of mindset. Was his security weak? Yes. Should this be expected? No, wallets should start forcing an encryption at start. A high amount of coins should never be stored in one place and hardware wallets should be used but merely moving from weaker to stronger hands? No, the thief still is a scumbag he is not better in anyway, we do not know their security methods, all we know is they are a lowlife.

That's hilarious. Bitcoin is about freedoms, and you're telling me that "wallets should start forcing an encryption at start." If OP wanted to be safe & follow a bunch of made-up rules, he would've stuck to legacy finance.

>the thief still is a scumbag he is not better in anyway
Well, roughly $300k US wealthier, there's that Undecided
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:49:51 PM

that's why BTC will never be "mainstream" but a very, very small niche. The normal persons will never use it because there is NO reason to do it. imagine that this thing would happen with your bank account. you will have the money back in matter of days; same with a debit/credit card. the normal people need the peace of the mind because not everybody is a a computer geek.

you need to focus on your business,life and not how to secure a fking computer which anyway it cannot be safe 100%. what should an average person do? reading all the news regarding to cyber security and then creating code lines and to modify the windows kernel? WTF?! Smiley

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:40:31 PM

OP I think someone close to you knows that you don't have proper security on your Bitcoin wallet and laptop and managed to steal everything from you. I don't know why you decided to keep your whole stash on your work machine but with a sum that big I think your best bet would be to contact the police immediately. There are digital forensics experts who can help you.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:47:00 PM

Aw man. I'm sorry. This is really horrible and if the same thing happened to me I dunno how I'd feel. Very, very sad at the least.
HostSurf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:05:41 PM

Aw man. I'm sorry. This is really horrible and if the same thing happened to me I dunno how I'd feel. Very, very sad at the least.

It is terrible. But if you download torrents etc. Make sure to run your wallet on a different PC. There are many corrupted scripts out there.
A proper protection of your funds is mandatory.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:22:04 PM

It is terrible. But if you download torrents etc. Make sure to run your wallet on a different PC. There are many corrupted scripts out there.
A proper protection of your funds is mandatory.
well i guess it mostly depends on if you download the safe torrents from safe torrent websites or you just download it from anywhere from the interet, the key is to be safe

besides that i must admit that i am sorry for your loss, just try to use a cold storage for your funds next time such as trezor wallet or something like that, thats the only way i can think of

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ScottishSecurity

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:29:59 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 07:47:44 PM by ScottishSecurity

Its not a keylogger as such..

I have downloaded all the files uploaded. and done some digging on them

The word document is a custom exploit.  They have used this to build it but they have re-coded it so the AV was unable to detect it..

http://blog.checkpoint.com/2015/07/21/one-click-office-exploit-introducing-the-office-exploit-builder/

I have submitted the virus to Virus Total.  They will distribute the findings to over 50+ av companies for them to update there virus definition lists.

Though I can't help you get your coins back, You should feel good that your post will help 10000's of other be protected from this custom exploit as the AV companies will update there lists to cover there re-coded exploit.

If I was you I would backup all your data then Dban your hard drive to remove it. then reinstall the OS and data.

As I am sure you will not be able to remove this by any other method dew to the rootkit it installs Ring 3.

Let me know if you need any more advice or help.

Scottish Security.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:46:39 PM

This is why I don’t like to respond to emails, or messages from unknown users or persons. Any message I receive, and it happens that I don’t know anything about the message, I simply delete them immediately, and also mark them as spam.
I don’t know why you will be receiving such strange codes, and you keep replying to the sender.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:04:59 PM

that's why BTC will never be "mainstream" but a very, very small niche. The normal persons will never use it because there is NO reason to do it. imagine that this thing would happen with your bank account. you will have the money back in matter of days; same with a debit/credit card. the normal people need the peace of the mind because not everybody is a a computer geek.

Cash will never be "mainstream". Someone steals your cash and you can't get it back. It's just too geeky. Normal people can't use it.

Buy & Hold
BitcoinBlackjack

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:36:31 PM

Social engineering at its best.
Really sorry for your loss, it's an absolutely devastating amount Sad
Blacula X

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:35:21 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 11:06:38 PM by Blacula X

Cash will never be "mainstream". Someone steals your cash and you can't get it back. It's just too geeky. Normal people can't use it.

You do understand that most people wouldn't think of carrying around a quarter of a million dollars (in cash) in their pocket, correct?
That there are disruptive technologies such as banks and debit cards, which were invented specifically to avoid such dangerous idiocy?

Granny knows enough not to carry a quarter of a million dollars in her purse.
Junior wouldn't whip out a quarter of a million when he scores some cheap crank.
And yet [purportedly] tech savvy crypto enthusiasts keep *more* than a quarter of a million on the MacBook they use to score rock in the projects at 3 in the morning browse the web & download malware.
 Sad
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:43:24 AM

This is clearly a phishing scam! If these are true, I guess there is no way for you to get back your coins unless the hacker decided to give them back to you. This is the disadvantage of no-charge back feature of bitcoin, even though the transaction was not initiated by the owner.

that's right,no way to get his bitcoin back,phising still become favorite way for hacker or scammer to stole our privacy and bitcoin,this is should be a big warn for us,do not trust to unknown people,and dont download any suspicious file.

MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:19:57 AM

that's right,no way to get his bitcoin back,phising still become favorite way for hacker or scammer to stole our privacy and bitcoin,this is should be a big warn for us,do not trust to unknown people,and dont download any suspicious file.
because phishing easiest to make. you just need a script and hosting. may need to bulk email. you can make a phishing site.
it's easier than you hacked by other means
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:33:07 AM

I feel deeply sorry for you. That's not a small amount.
I do have feeling that someone is after you, you, you ...

Your incident open my eyes, I thought Mac is safe, only Windows behave like dumpster.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: