Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:52:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Union carding  (Read 2659 times)
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:48:11 AM

Someone is trying to buy BTC from me and pay me with carded WU transfers, will this put me in trouble as a receiver?
I think it depends on the amount you're about to receive, cause if it's too much, then your bank is likely to question where the money is coming from. I don't think you have any problem with WU themselves, they are just after doing their work which is getting the money transferred to your bank account. And another thing is whether the person you're selling to is trustworthy, so that you don't sell your coins and end up getting scammed without receiving anything at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mandarava

Activity: 742
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:48:30 PM

How would you be involved in this exchange ? If you are not 100 percent sure that your transaction will go smoothly, do not participate in it. This is the golden rule for situations like this! You should never follow the someone who is trying to change the rules of the game that you are used to. It usually ends up being drawn into some kind of murky scheme, as a result of which you become the one who is robbed of money. And that's where it ends. There will be no miracles.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 10:50:36 PM

Someone is trying to buy BTC from me and pay me with carded WU transfers, will this put me in trouble as a receiver?

Avoid such dirty deals. Whatever transactions that makes it not clean will still make you in a complicated situation even if you are just such a receiver. There are many other choices for buying and selling bitcoin. Choose other options than accepting payments in stolen cards.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: