Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-02-17 Die Welt - Eine digitale Währung entsteht/A digital currecy arises  (Read 1138 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:57:38 AM

Surprisingly positive Article about Bitcoin on the German Newspaper Die Welt.

Key chapters (Auto/Manual Translated):

Mice with the mouse - a digital currency arises

Digital Money escapes government control. Maybe because of this there is a growing interest in the User-base. But do the benefits outweigh the risks?

Speculators have a new playground: Bitcoins. Yet hardly anyone knows what's behind the name. But insiders already manage Bitcoin as the next Big Thing.

Bitcoins are a digital currency. They do not exist in the form of coins and notes, but as bits and bytes (thus the name) on your computer or smartphone. With the virtual money users in the Internet and, increasingly, in the real world, can buy goods and services.

In addition in Bitcoins can also stash assets to remove them from the view of the authorities. Bitcoins are specifically designed (other than via credit card or bank account) that transactions can be made anonymously. Some speak of crypto money. Indeed, Bitcoins share some similarities with known cryptographic techniques that are used by secret services to encrypt messages.

David Graeber, of the pioneers of the Occupy movement has recently praised Bitcoins as a step towards the democratization of the monetary system. The sole right to produce money will be withdrawn from Credit services and Banks. This may contribute to the increasing popularity of the digital currency.

Full Article (original German): http://www.welt.de/finanzen/article113692583/Maeuse-per-Mausklick-Eine-digitale-Waehrung-entsteht.html

Full Article (Machine Translated): http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=de&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.welt.de/finanzen/article113692583/Maeuse-per-Mausklick-Eine-digitale-Waehrung-entsteht.html#submit

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 12:35:38 PM

Der größte Markt für Bitcoins, die amerikanische Online-Börse Mt. Gox, wurde Opfer eines Hackerangriffs.
MtGox is American now? Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 01:12:23 PM

Der größte Markt für Bitcoins, die amerikanische Online-Börse Mt. Gox, wurde Opfer eines Hackerangriffs.
MtGox is American now? Roll Eyes

They are the lead exchange for USD / BTC, so yes.
There are a lot of websites that are not geographically US-based but cater to the US market.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Quote from: welt.de
Companies like Amazon are considering an introduction

huh? source?

David Graeber, the mastermind of the Occupy movement has Bitcoins recently praised as a step toward democratization of the economy.

huh? source? (Graeber is anarcho-communist)

Springer-Verlag  Roll Eyes

professionals speak of "mining"

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 03:21:00 PM

Decent mainstream article, except for two mistakes.. They lumped the security of Bitcoin together with hacked exchanges and questioned how secure Bitcoin really is long term.. and they compared Bitcoin to Amazon coins as if they're somehow similar things.

Other than that it was ok. Good for the mainstream audience. Not too positive but quite neutral and serious.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Akka (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:35:39 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2013, 10:47:20 PM by Akka

Interesting. They have changed the Title of this article, it's now named:

Währung aus dem Internet kann den Euro gefährden

English:

Currency from the internet may endanger the euro

And they added one Line:

Konzerne wie Amazon erwägen eine Einführung.

Companies like Amazon are considering an introduction.

Rest is the same.

The Original can still be viewed here: http://www.welt.de/print/wams/finanzen/article113687861/Maeuse-per-Mausklick.html

candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:40:18 PM

https://twitter.com/tiefseher

This guy DID write the article for welt.de

its a very very very big german newspaper.

Sent him tweets and ask him about bitcoin.! Welt should accept bitcoins for her subscriptions avaible. i wanna buy them

tweet him

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 08:45:32 AM

and they compared Bitcoin to Amazon coins as if they're somehow similar things.

Of course technically this is incorrect, but i think it is good that they do that.

Some not-very-smart politicans who want to attack the idea of fully electronic currency may go after 2 targets (amazon and Bitcoin) so their efforts will be less effective.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:45:58 PM

Great article! How do I know if this will also make it to their paper version? I would buy a bunch of them Smiley

"Companies like Amazon are considering an introduction." … very interesting but I doubt that this journalist knows of something like that without me knowing it first =D

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Akka (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:55:41 PM

Great article! How do I know if this will also make it to their paper version? I would buy a bunch of them Smiley

Dunno. If it should be in todays issue. I have to go for groceries later anyway. I will take a look. But I doubt it.

"Companies like Amazon are considering an introduction." … very interesting but I doubt that this journalist knows of something like that without me knowing it first =D

Interesting is, that this line came with the Title change of the Article. It was not in the original Article, thus has been added later.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 04:59:44 PM

Interesting is, that this line came with the Title change of the Article. It was not in the original Article, thus has been added later.

I like that you diffed it Smiley
We should put all such articles under version control automatically as changes are so revealing Grin

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: