Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: been a year  (Read 794 times)
xxmcvapourxx (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:17:58 PM

not been on bitcoin talk in a year...or caught up with bitcoin,

anyone know what hash rate you need to mine a coin theses days what equipment you need since i got conned with these people cloudminr.io i gave up. i want to start getting back into mining again.

any advice? i just been on cex.io is well they dont mine no more only trade....

has bitcoin got more harder....
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:22:25 PM

Welcome back.

anyone know what hash rate you need to mine a coin theses days

At the current mining difficulty, you'll need to calculate about 285734039760000000 to generate 0.01 BTC.

So, if you have enough hash power to generate 3307106941667 hash per second (3.31 terahash per second), then you'll generate about 0.01 BTC per day.

If you have more hashpower, you'll generate more, if you have less hash power you'll generate less.

what equipment you need

It isn't really possible to mine bitcoins with CPU or GPU anymore.  You'll need to acquire ASICs.

since i got conned with these people cloudminr.io i gave up.

For the majority of people, mining bitcoins is a very bad idea.  Generally you'll be better off just providing a product or service and accepting bitcoins as payment, or just exchanging your local currency directly for bitcoins. Almost all cloud mining is just a scam, and mining is a very competitive business, so unless you have access to very inexpensive equipment and very inexpensive resources (electricity, cooling, storage space, etc.) mining  will earn you less bitcoins per local currency spent than you would have received from just exchanging the local currency directly for the bitcoins.

i want to start getting back into mining again.

any advice?

Advice? Sure.

You can do the smart thing:
  • Step 1: Understand how bitcoin difficulty works and why.
  • Step 2: Understand how many hashes per second your mining equipment can calculate.
  • Step 3: Understand how much electricity your mining equipment will use.
  • Step 4: Understand the real amount your electricity costs (including all taxes, fees, and additional charges).
  • Step 5: Determine if you will need to run any cooling equipment to keep your mining equipment from overheating.
  • Step 6: Understand how much electricity that cooling equipment will use.
  • Step 7: Do some math and (unless you have really cheap electricity, really cheap cooling, and access to really cheap mining equipment) realize that you'd get more bitcoins by just buying the bitcoins with the cash instead of spending all the cash on mining.
  • Step 8: Give up on mining and buy some bitcoins

Or you can do what LOTS of people do:
  • Step 1: Buy some mining equipment.
  • Step 2: Plug it in and configure it to start mining
  • Step 3: Ignore the increased cost of electricity to run the equipment and cool it
  • Step 4: Wait for the bitcoins exchange rate to go up
  • Step 5: Convince yourself that since you get more cash for the bitcoins than you spent to generate the bitcoins you came out ahead
  • Step 6: Live happily in your ignorance, never realizing that you would have had a LOT more bitcoins (and therefore a LOT more money) if you had just bought the bitcoins with the cash in the first place instead of trying to mine them

In the past year?

More merchants are accepting bitcoin as payment, and more bitcoin related services have been created to assist people in acquiring and using bitcoins. Bitcoin wallet software has become more secure and easier to use, and there are more wallet and account providers than there were a year ago.

So, no.  Bitcoin itself has gotten easier, not harder.

As for mining bitcoin, the bitcoin block difficulty has increased significantly, so you need a lot more hash power to generate the same amount of bitcoins in the same amount of time as last year.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:45:55 PM

first you need to check your electricity, if it is not under 0.05 it's better to not mine, actually you can push it to 0.1 because the ratio between earning and consumption is currently in favor of consumption by 4:1 at 0.05 cent per kw/h

then the best miner to buy is the s7, but rumors say that new asic will come soon, to match the halving....

or...

you can build a rig and start mining the old altcoin, which are more profitable, 1 good gpu lik 280x or 970, can give you 600k satoshi per day. on the best profitable coin, with a 200w consumption

this is better than any asic, because at the same consumption of one antminer S7(which is 1200w) you're making 6 x 600k satoshi, which is equal to 0.036 against 0.013 of 1 single antminer s7

but you need a bigger investment early, because you need to buy 6 gpu plus all the other part of the rig...still gpu can be easily resold, so i would not worry about this aspect, not the same you can say about asic....
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:06:45 PM

anyone know what hash rate you need to mine a coin theses days what equipment you need since i got conned with these people cloudminr.io i gave up. i want to start getting back into mining again.

what do you feel after one years not meet up with bitcoin and not open bitcointalk?i never feel like that,has been 2 years since i always open bitcoin wallet and bitcointalk almost everyday. wondering about your answer.

GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:42:37 PM

Did not u get bored? Bitcoinland is so happening. I have never seen such a lively online community.

According to Mining Profit Calculator, at current difficulty, i.e. 178678307671.7, it would take one week to mine 0.98512218 BTC with 50 Ths, which costs 20 BTC on www.CloudMining.website.

www.cex.io is a cloud mining website similar to www.cloudminr.io. If u r looking for cloud mining, then try one with small investment, say 0.01 BTC. Once you experience good return, then go for more...

Nopes. For me, it is same from genesis day.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:51:02 PM

Did not u get bored? Bitcoinland is so happening. I have never seen such a lively online community.

According to Mining Profit Calculator, at current difficulty, i.e. 178678307671.7, it would take one week to mine 0.98512218 BTC with 50 Ths, which costs 20 BTC on www.CloudMining.website.

www.cex.io is a cloud mining website similar to www.cloudminr.io. If u r looking for cloud mining, then try one with small investment, say 0.01 BTC. Once you experience good return, then go for more...

Nopes. For me, it is same from genesis day.

Im afraid investing 0.01 in cloud mining will take ages to get some sort of return back. Im not saying you shouldn't try mining because if no one did it bitcoin would fail, but let's be realistic, trying to profit from mining nowadays it's pretty impossible unless you own a big mining stack of asics.

I think what I would do is buy as much as possible since the price is about to go to the moon again.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1252

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:56:50 AM

/snip

OP, Ignore any recommendation made by GermanGiant, he is a known shill for, and suspected operator of, the fraudulent 'cloud mining' ponzi scam he promotes in his signature. He has taken to posting outside of forums which show his negative trust rating in order to pretend he is making helpful posts when the sole purpose is to whore that banner of his around and 'innocently' reference the cm.w scam in his 'useful' post.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:03:53 AM

Many not everyone agrees but, to me, cloud minings are mostly scams... They have done their calculations and you are definitely paying more than what you can get back. So the best is actually to exchange cash to BTC, especially we are still having cheap coins!
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:06:04 PM

-snip-
Im afraid investing 0.01 in cloud mining will take ages to get some sort of return back. Im not saying you shouldn't try mining because if no one did it bitcoin would fail, but let's be realistic, trying to profit from mining nowadays it's pretty impossible unless you own a big mining stack of asics.

I think what I would do is buy as much as possible since the price is about to go to the moon again.
Not really ages but return of investments should be in a few months however there is a big trust issue in cloud mining. Investing 0.01 would yield near to nothing as you would only start to see profit after months and nearly $4.5 return after waiting for months isn't really worth it at all.
xxmcvapourxx (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:15:43 PM

Thank you everyone for the reply it was very helpful,

I guess exchanging bitcoin is the best way then with cash.

I was on cex.io till they change everything and made it into exchange so i transferred to that scam website cloud miner i lost lot of bitcoin,

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 02:30:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the reply it was very helpful,

I guess exchanging bitcoin is the best way then with cash.

I was on cex.io till they change everything and made it into exchange so i transferred to that scam website cloud miner i lost lot of bitcoin,

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.

Since you have been disconnected from Bitcoin for a long time, it's a good time to remind here that in case that you buy Bitcoin from an exchange, you must get your funds back to your local wallet where you control the private keys, remember to never leave a single satoshi in exchanges.
I think as more and more people start buying Bitcoin now we will see all those "ups lost money in wallet" moment so its good to remember this.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 02:42:56 PM

if you won't wanna get conned, invest on the hardware instead. cloud mining are all scams targeting those who had yet knew about their scheme.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:30:45 PM

welcome back..i think you miss all of us here. maybe just hashocean that still have good reputation here,some of my friends ask me about suggestion to invest there,but i never try that.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Erzatium

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:20:03 PM

your not the only one who hasn't been active for years because the coin doesn't get much publicity these times.
Many people don´t believe in it anymore that´s why we all need to make sure he gets more publicity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: