Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Halving Failure with Market Price below $900 US$  (Read 1434 times)
Andy-Bell

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:31:17 PM

fish

Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:56:31 PM

OP's premises seem to be off.  OP assumes prices have to double for a mining operation to breakeven. Said assumption doesn't necessarily hold true for mining operations that have different expenses/costs associated with their business. Miners that:

a. can buy equipment or power at a discounted rate,
b. can manufacture certain machine components or service their operation in a way that others can't (i.e., contributing real estate to the operation that was paid for long ago, gifted, inherited, etc. (avoids rent)),
c. have already re-cooped their investment on equipment,

may continue to realize a profit post-halving. However, there's no question that some miners won't be able to continue making money mining (or will see increased losses); and even so, that doesn't mean they'll stop mining.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2979

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 06:19:00 PM

I think the result for the miners will be the same even the price is high even it will the same mining still profitable for some country.. like other they are making a profit with free power consumption..
And maybe after halving if they notice that their earnings are decrease may some miners will be stop mining so the difficulty will be decrease.. and other miner will be happy because the difficulty was increase ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 09:23:19 PM

"H.  Spoetnik releases a New Super Virus , that turns all Humans into Canadians...

Already been set loose:

Cheesy

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kiklo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:12:25 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 10:39:05 PM by kiklo

simple solution switch to proof of stake, pow is going to fail sooner or later anyways

Switching to POS is giving power back to users. How is Blockstream supposed to push through with their agenda when they suddenly have to deal with hundreds of decentralized users staking blocks instead of a handful CEOs of the mining cartels?

One day you will read and understand the points that monsterer, smooth, r0ach, ArticMine, myself and others have explained as to why PoS(shit) is just shit and worse than PoW. I don't have time to re summarize. Go find the relevant threads and learn please.

You yourself have pointed out that PoW is Economically flawed and doomed to be Elite only controlled,
(You are planning to dump your remaining BTC in the r0ach inspired pump.)
Why the apprehension to admit PoS is (at the moment) the only Viable Successor?
Unsubstantiated Slander is beneath you, so stop or post your exact reasoning , so I may help you understand why you are mistaken.  Wink

Cool

FYI:
I have read your permission verses permission less theory (which r0ach pretends it is scripture) and found it nonsensical and devoid of real world mechanics.
kiklo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:27:38 PM

this is mostly BS, especially the part about the necessity of doubling the price to $900 that is only true if miners are losing money at $450 which is not true they are profiting a lot at the current price and there is no need to go to double so they can profit.

OP stated : The current price will require a doubling for their profit margin to stay exactly the same.

Za1n added:
So I would add option I., which should be A. They keep mining and learn to live with less profit.

So you picked option I.

Cool
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:34:00 PM

I think the bitcoin price will remain relatively stable for long. Perhaps the halving could cause some volatility for some days, but the bitcoin price will return rapidly to previous values, and perhaps at the end of the year it will reach the $700 level.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:42:14 AM

Are miners making money? I suspect you'd have to get the mix right.
I own some shares in this company  https://digitalx.com/  who tried to make money mining (in Iceland IIRC) and they gave up as they could not make money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: