Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:09:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new ASIC miner appears on btcguild  (Read 1940 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 09:12:03 PM

You realize the difference between a company selling shares of itself, and a company that is running a securities exchange? The former could be a medium size lawn care service or computer shop for example, and might hire a lawyer and an accountant for a few hours each year, while the latter would need to be run by lawyers and bankers.

Its actually issuing shares and selling them to the public which is most illegal. The mechanism is irrelevant. Exchanges are subject to regulation, but that's not really why GLBSE was shut down. Selling securities to just one person in the USA means you must register with the SEC.

I would say thats the typical US-Attitude of "We own the world." Nothing will happen when a US-Customer is buying shares in china. Or did you hear of plans for the next military intervention taking place in china? China has enough USD to make the US die, so no, nothing will happen here because of a bitcoin business. Most people doesnt even know what bitcoins are. Thats fetched way too far.
Its true that a company that was at an american stock exchange cant go out of it when only one single us-citizen owns a share from them but how will you prevent that someone is buying a share in china? Maybe i sell a share to an us-citizen. Is bitfountain forced to register with the sec in the us then? Not really.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:18:25 PM

You realize the difference between a company selling shares of itself, and a company that is running a securities exchange? The former could be a medium size lawn care service or computer shop for example, and might hire a lawyer and an accountant for a few hours each year, while the latter would need to be run by lawyers and bankers.

Its actually issuing shares and selling them to the public which is most illegal. The mechanism is irrelevant. Exchanges are subject to regulation, but that's not really why GLBSE was shut down. Selling securities to just one person in the USA means you must register with the SEC.

I would say thats the typical US-Attitude of "We own the world." Nothing will happen when a US-Customer is buying shares in china. Or did you hear of plans for the next military intervention taking place in china? China has enough USD to make the US die, so no, nothing will happen here because of a bitcoin business. Most people doesnt even know what bitcoins are. Thats fetched way too far.
Its true that a company that was at an american stock exchange cant go out of it when only one single us-citizen owns a share from them but how will you prevent that someone is buying a share in china? Maybe i sell a share to an us-citizen. Is bitfountain forced to register with the sec in the us then? Not really.

Actually China owns both EU and US. they can buy and sell our ass as many times as they want:) And that is only our fault there is no one to blame. Back to the topic
Speaking of US-Attitude of "We own the world." they can not even make TOM/BTCFPGA refund their money even though he is American and they are Americans also. Where is American Law and justice - nowhere it is just not working or?
Guy's all you need to do is to grow up it is about time...Just think and act like adults and face the facts and think think and think

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 09:29:23 PM

Actually China owns both EU and US. they can buy and sell our ass as many times as they want:) And that is only our fault there is no one to blame. Back to the topic
Speaking of US-Attitude of "We own the world." they can not even make TOM/BTCFPGA refund their money even though he is American and they are Americans also. Where is American Law and justice - nowhere it is just not working or?
Guy's all you need to do is to grow up it is about time...Just think and act like adults and face the facts and think think and think

I have to agree. When i read the thread about finding Pirateat40, they know his name Trendon Shaver, the SEC is investigating and... nothing happens. Nothing. Even though he stole Bitcoins worth millions. And selling shares isnt even near that importance.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 09:30:14 PM

You have no idea what you are saying, but this discussion belongs elsewhere anyway. I suggest the ASICMINER threaf. This is the Avalon user(s) thread.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:08:45 PM

You have no idea what you are saying, but this discussion belongs elsewhere anyway. I suggest the ASICMINER threaf. This is the Avalon user(s) thread.
Actually, this is specifically covered under US law.

http://www.dorsey.com/files/Publication/64662e05-576e-4371-b94b-5827513741a1/Presentation/PublicationAttachment/2b9e1e5b-dc4f-4721-9dbf-7b1c26db53b8/Summary_of_SEC_Regulation_S.pdf

Please see the section about how "directed selling efforts" exclude an offering from safe harbor under Regulation S.

The reason for this is that the vast majority of these offerings are scams & frauds.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 11:02:11 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 12:10:16 AM by Dalkore

Actually, this is specifically covered under US law.

http://www.dorsey.com/files/Publication/64662e05-576e-4371-b94b-5827513741a1/Presentation/PublicationAttachment/2b9e1e5b-dc4f-4721-9dbf-7b1c26db53b8/Summary_of_SEC_Regulation_S.pdf

Please see the section about how "directed selling efforts" exclude an offering from safe harbor under Regulation S.

The reason for this is that the vast majority of these offerings are scams & frauds.

Your quote shows you actually didn't read the quoted text, can not comprehend or are a troll?   Either way, post that in the legal section if you want to talk about another company and their possibility of looking like a security offering.    

Last, in the light of how it was brought up and the fact that they are online and I know you wouldn't be kicking up dirt if you were an actual INVESTOR.   Sounds like someone is a little jealous from drinking the proverbial "HATERADE".

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:03:06 AM

Last, in the light of how it was brought up and the fact that they are online and I know you wouldn't be kicking up dirt if you were an actual INVESTOR.   Sounds like someone is a little jealous from drinking the proverbial "HATERADE".

The point is that I ignored ASICMINER because investing in their option is not possible for me, as a US Citizen. If I did buy ASICMINER I would probably cause them a lot of legal problems as their offering surely needs to be registered with the SEC. So, I didn't ever bother to check into friedcat and others involved in this project because it is a waste of time for US Citizens.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 04:20:37 AM

The point is that I ignored ASICMINER because investing in their option is not possible for me, as a US Citizen. If I did buy ASICMINER I would probably cause them a lot of legal problems as their offering surely needs to be registered with the SEC. So, I didn't ever bother to check into friedcat and others involved in this project because it is a waste of time for US Citizens.

I believe the major legal implication was in "them" selling you a security, not "you" purchasing them. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: