Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning trade with extreme caution! !! Another stupid feature of this forum  (Read 709 times)
morepounds (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:41:31 AM

I noticed I got a warning trade wit extreme caution even when I did no trade with any fucker here.
I then noticed that you don't even need to trade to put that on someone profile. You can just give any scumbag that talks shit to you a negative trust and   BOOM he will be flying around with the "warning trade with extreme caution"
This is so senseless and should be removed. If someone must have a warning trade with extreme caution, he should be someone that has scammed someone before

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:46:21 AM

It is not saying you are a scammer. It just warning other people you are NEW and unknown.

Given the high number of scammers here, I understand that. Warning is never too much.

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
morepounds (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:51:01 AM

It is not saying you are a scammer. It just warning other people you are NEW and unknown.

Given the high number of scammers here, I understand that. Warning is never too much.
Warning that this person is new is fine.
My point is , I could decide to make any profile have  negative feedback even when I havnt done any biz with him.
For example I could make you  have that. Should I go ahead? Lol
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:51:20 AM

you did ask for a 1-2BTC no collateral loan 4 days ago as a newbie. that alone is a good reason for that kind of warning.  Roll Eyes

you can't make anyone have that because you're not trusted.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
morepounds (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:59:42 AM

you did ask for a 1-2BTC no collateral loan 4 days ago as a newbie. that alone is a good reason for that kind of warning.  Roll Eyes

I just made you have that
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:02:53 AM

I just made you have that

from your account, you see red. but from most people's account. it's still 0. you should try to understand the system first by reading this > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0

thanks for the neg feedback. I love it when scammers rage-negs me. it just proves that they can't be trusted.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
morepounds (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:08:39 AM

If am the only one seeing the red than it goes even further to prove my point that it's so useless.
For eg, what if you actually scammed me and I but negative trust on your profile.  Nobody will see it and you can go ahead and scam more people
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:12:46 AM

If am the only one seeing the red than it goes even further to prove my point that it's so useless.
For eg, what if you actually scammed me and I but negative trust on your profile.  Nobody will see it and you can go ahead and scam more people

like I said, read the thread I linked for details. neg trust given by DT users (like Vod) will make you appear red to most users in the forum.

there's a scam accusation section in which you can report a scammer and have DT users tag them (with enough proof).

morepounds (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:16:12 AM

What if am new and not aware of the scam section.
People won't know you are a scammer because my negative trust ain't showing on your profile.  What if u never ever get to encounter the people that will make your negative trust show.
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:19:49 AM

People won't know you are a scammer because my negative trust ain't showing on your profile.  What if u never ever get to encounter the people that will make your negative trust show.

Huh Huh Huh
if you're new, you won't even know if a user is a scammer or not. and so you won't leave a feedback. that's when the warning become very useful.

most new users would just create a post/topic saying "hey I got scammed by that user named Jhanzo*!!". other users will see it and refer the newbie to scam accusation. *used my name for lolz

morepounds (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:22:50 AM

People won't know you are a scammer because my negative trust ain't showing on your profile.  What if u never ever get to encounter the people that will make your negative trust show.

Huh Huh Huh
if you're new, you won't even know if a user is a scammer or not. and so you won't leave a feedback.

most new users would just create a post/topic saying "hey I got scammed by that user named Jhanzo!!". other users will see it and refer the newbie to scam accusation.
That's not a good assumption to make. When when I was very new, I knew I could leave a feedback.
I also don't know the scam accusation thread so my only guide is to cluck on your name and see the feedbacks.  So if you scammed a newbie and hus negative feedback ain't showing, there is a high possibility of u scamminh more people.
So the whole idea makes no sense. Should be fixed
Btw I removed the negatives . Was just testing out shit
Jhanzo

Thank satoshi

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:33:49 AM

People won't know you are a scammer because my negative trust ain't showing on your profile.  What if u never ever get to encounter the people that will make your negative trust show.

Huh Huh Huh
if you're new, you won't even know if a user is a scammer or not. and so you won't leave a feedback.

most new users would just create a post/topic saying "hey I got scammed by that user named Jhanzo!!". other users will see it and refer the newbie to scam accusation.
That's not a good assumption to make. When when I was very new, I knew I could leave a feedback.
Btw I removed the negatives . Was just testing out shit

fine. some users do know how to leave a feedback right after they saw the trust page. but most brand new users are quite oblivious and will just trust any strangers with decent rank. that's where the trust system comes in, it tells someone not to trust certain users with their money.

the red trust doesn't actually prevent you from trading anything on this forum. it'll make people wary when trading with you, sure. but as long as you use escrow you should be able to trade with little problem.

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:55:50 AM

I noticed I got a warning trade wit extreme caution even when I did no trade with any fucker here.
I then noticed that you don't even need to trade to put that on someone profile. You can just give any scumbag that talks shit to you a negative trust and   BOOM he will be flying around with the "warning trade with extreme caution"
This is so senseless and should be removed. If someone must have a warning trade with extreme caution, he should be someone that has scammed someone before

No that is not why the PMs have a warning at the top for noob accounts.

The original reason is because people will do trades in the marketplace in the
open at first and then move into PMs to finalize the trades. Sometimes during the trades,
a scammer who is watching this deal from the outside will create an account that is almost
the same name as the user to receive the btc (For example LittleDuck is the real user, but
the scammer will make a fake name called Litt[capital i]eDuck) and send a PM before the
real user. If the trader is not careful, they could send their btc to the address of the noob
fake account.

This warning is designed to point your attention toward the users Activity number to make
sure you are dealing with the correct person and not a noob fake account.

In that light, this warning has a purpose and should not be removed.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
morepounds (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:07:49 AM

No that is not why the PMs have a warning at the top for noob accounts.

The original reason is because people will do trades in the marketplace in the
open at first and then move into PMs to finalize the trades. Sometimes during the trades,
a scammer who is watching this deal from the outside will create an account that is almost
the same name as the user to receive the btc (For example LittleDuck is the real user, but
the scammer will make a fake name called Litt[capital i]eDuck) and send a PM before the
real user. If the trader is not careful, they could send their btc to the address of the noob
fake account.

This warning is designed to point your attention toward the users Activity number to make
sure you are dealing with the correct person and not a noob fake account.

In that light, this warning has a purpose and should not be removed.
Wow. BeSt explanation so far.
Thanks for clearing that out.

TOPIC CLOSED
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 02:19:43 AM

1) Pretty much every forum in which business is conducted has some kind of scam section so it is not unrealistic to say that a newbie will not know about a scam section when they get scammed. Even if the newbie does not know about the scam section they will likely create some kind of thread in an incorrect section and the thread would end up getting moved to the scam section.

2) If someone gives negative trust for no reason other then someone was talking shit to them they will likely become less reputable and will likely be removed from the Default Trust network (eg their trust ratings will not show up by default). There are unfortunately a few exceptions to this as there is one "gatekeeper" to the Default Trust network that does not care about inaccurate ratings.

3) The "warning: trade with extreme caution" tag is for those people who others should trade with extreme caution when trading with them. It is not necessary for someone to have scammed someone in the past in order for it to be a good idea to trade with extreme caution with said person as this would simply allow scammers to get a "free pass" in being able to scam at least one person. In your case you were showing signs of a scammer as you were asking for a no collateral loan very shortly after creating your account, which in my experience is a sign that you created your account for the purpose of taking out a loan that you will not repay. This may or may not actually be the case in your specific case, however in my experience this is overwhelmingly what happens when someone asks for a loan in the way that you did. I don't think that negative trust is really necessary for the newbie loan scammers anymore though because the lenders around here pretty much know not to lend to new users without collateral.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: