Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:42:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] BITINSTANT IS SCAMMING!!!!!!  (Read 2993 times)
floydreunion2005 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:51:21 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 06:24:43 PM by tysat

BITINSTANT LIED!!!!!! THEY SAID THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE RETURNED BY SIX PM YESTURDAY...THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE FRIDAY.

This is getting to become an instance where the authorities need to be called in. IM CALLING THE SEC AND LAUNCHING AN INVESTIGATION

THIS BETTER GET RESOLVED BY 9AM FEB 19th

This is there statement:

Good Morning All!

Essentially on Friday BitInstant, Coinapult, MtGox, BTCe, and possibly others (unconfirmed reports of Ozcoin) were attacked.

This attack was not just a DOS attack, rather the hacker attempted to change passwords, API keys, and generally fuck up our whole system.

Not only this, but it caused major issues and code breaks in the API used for BitInstant to talk to its partner exchanges where we buy BTC as soon as your deposit is made.

All funds are safe, nothing was lost.

We immediately took BTCe offline, Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email as well.

Now, BTCe is back online and has been since Saturday.

We've been awake the past few days 24 hours and looking to have Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email back tonight EST.

All orders that were delayed will have their fees fully refunded as well as BTC prices honored as early back as Friday when your deposit was made.

I want to take this time and thank my super devoted team of developers and customer support. They have not slept all weekend, making sure everyone's emails, chats, and calls have been answered within minutes.

Thanks for your continuing business and support

Charlie

as of now, NOTHING IS RESOLVED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:57:56 AM

PLEASE KEEP THIS UP ON TOP UNTILL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:01:13 PM

Oh no, Bitinstant didn't resolve it's issues on a state Holiday.

Do you immediately have to start bitching around on a public forum?

Well, what do you expect the users of this forum to do now? Or are you thinking Bitintant has to read every single thread here, because maybe some noob didn't see their support thread that is the fifth thread on this board?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:03:00 PM

BITINSTANT LIED!!!!!! THEY SAID THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE RETURNED BY SIX PM YESTURDAY...THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE FRIDAY.

This is getting to become an instance where the authorities need to be called in. IM CALLING THE SEC AND LAUNCHING AN INVESTIGATION

This is there statement:

Good Morning All!

Essentially on Friday BitInstant, Coinapult, MtGox, BTCe, and possibly others (unconfirmed reports of Ozcoin) were attacked.

This attack was not just a DOS attack, rather the hacker attempted to change passwords, API keys, and generally fuck up our whole system.

Not only this, but it caused major issues and code breaks in the API used for BitInstant to talk to its partner exchanges where we buy BTC as soon as your deposit is made.

All funds are safe, nothing was lost.

We immediately took BTCe offline, Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email as well.

Now, BTCe is back online and has been since Saturday.

We've been awake the past few days 24 hours and looking to have Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email back tonight EST.

All orders that were delayed will have their fees fully refunded as well as BTC prices honored as early back as Friday when your deposit was made.

I want to take this time and thank my super devoted team of developers and customer support. They have not slept all weekend, making sure everyone's emails, chats, and calls have been answered within minutes.

Thanks for your continuing business and support

Charlie

as of now, NOTHING IS RESOLVED

Oh god, can't you see the thread stickied above there? Post there and stop drama-queening around. 1-2 days of delay and SEC?
They've been around longer than most have been, and is certainly not interested to scam you.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:05:17 PM

what?

so if your so cool calm and collected then how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? tell you what you pay me what Bitinstant owes me and we will call it a day genious. Im aware of the support thread. I want my money!!!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:09:25 PM

what?

so if your so cool calm and collected then how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? tell you what you pay me what Bitinstant owes me and we will call it a day genious. Im aware of the support thread. I want my money!!!
And you're whining your issues in a public forum. If you're aware of the support thread, then just post there and whine to Bitinstant yourself. I'm deleting any offtopic posts now.

God, I'm really thankful for the newbie restrictions....
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:14:00 PM

thanks!!
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:17:31 PM

thanks!!

Thank you for wasting my time.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:30:43 PM

How is this wasting your time I am letting people know what is going on
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:38:58 PM

How is this wasting your time I am letting people know what is going on

1) Create a support ticket as was suggested
2) Read before you post
3) Turn of caps lock
4) Don't make silly treats
5) Stop wasting everyones time

These are some free tips.

Thank you.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:42:54 PM

Sorry but you are the one wasting time. the topic is about bitinstant is scamming people .....stay on topic please
Line

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:10:18 PM

I utilized BitInstant over this weekend twice and each transaction was smooth as butter, and the funds were deposited at a ludicrous speed.

I was not impacted in any way by whatever incident you are referring to. I'm now a fan of BitInstant.

Keep up the good work guys/gals.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:16:54 PM

I have used bitinstant before also and had smooth transaction however this last one wasn't smooth at all so consider yourself lucky.

They have been telling us for the past four days this issue will be resolved, but nothing yet.
Line

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:26:47 PM

That is very unfortunate, I hope,your issue is resolved soon.

I know that it's a bit late to suggest this now, but in the instance of depositing a large amount funds maybe it would be wise to transfer a small amount and see if it goes through promptly. Then use that as a gauge for whether you will continue to deposit the rest. That's what I did since it was my first time using the service. Testing the waters, so to speak.

Obviously you will take a hit of ~$4 in service fees for this exercise in caution, but maybe that's the price of peace of mind?

I don't mean to offend and only wish to provide some constructive criticism to this problem. Best of luck floyd.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:47:55 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 02:01:19 PM by floydreunion2005

The thing is, I did two transactions on Friday. the small one went through the large one didn't.

My issue is when Bitinstant is a customer service problem. they cannot follow through with what they promise

I am not new to purchasing BTC. This is the first time that I have had a problem.

Their customer service is lacking the ability to handle situations such as this. They tell their customers one thing and do another. I don't have a high tolerance for this type of so-called service.

Just fixed the issue and there won't be any problems.

alir

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:32:19 PM

Op don't be a drama queen, BitInstant is awesome they got money in my mtgox account before I even made it back home from moneygram.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:43:11 PM

Why don't you stick that mony up ur ass
alir

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:11:03 PM

Why don't you stop making piss-poor decisions then blamming the middle man?

They already promised to reimburse coin at the price it was purchased. You have nothing to complain about, you are just throwing a fit at this point.
aznmonky

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:19:34 PM

was the use of capitals really necessary?
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:27:22 PM

I can't wait until you assholes get fucked over I'm to be laughing my fucking head off
Akka
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:29:43 PM

I can't wait until you assholes get fucked over I'm to be laughing my fucking head off

So it's OK if until then we just laugh at you?

floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:36:34 PM

Yes

What comes around goes around so take your bit coins and play go play in traffic
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

keep BITINSTANT IN YOUR SIGHTS AND BEWARE!!!!! CAPS LOCK AND ALL
alir

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:50:49 PM

Nothing wrong with Bitinstant people, OP is just raging hard. Check the sticky here for updates and questions.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:53:04 PM

you are such a douchbag...open your eyes and google BITINSTANT SCAMS people!! see for youself.
alir

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:59:48 PM

I don't need to Google anything. I just used their service yesterday and it worked fine.

Have you even bothered checking your wallet, or getting in contact with support?
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:03:41 PM

Have you already called the SEC? What did they say?
alir

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:07:52 PM

We only deal with real currencies, sir. Grin
chillin151

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:28:24 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to write this off.  I wasn't having any issues with Bitinstant until recently.  My last 4 orders have taken days to get through and I've been completely ignored by their staff. 

I understand the frustration since I don't know what to do at this point, either.  I've been writing their support team (politely) since last Wednesday and I have gotten two responses (out of several messages).  The first ticket was apparently opened by Rachel last week, but nothing came of it-- no coins and no follow-up. 

A second ticket was opened (by Seth) and their was still no follow-up and no coins.  I am still missing close to $1,000 worth of money and losing my own customers and no one seems to care.  I really just want my funds and go somewhere else.  I keep giving them a try but this happened to me on 12/10, 1/28, 1/29, and now 2/14...  The one and only time this was fixed quickly (in under 3-4 days) was on 12/10 - I talked to Rachel on the phone, panicked because I was missing close to $1,500 and she pushed it through within hours.  Based on the declining service I've been experiencing, I also believe that there is something going on and the business is not stable.  For me, they have been keeping my money and releasing it 3-6 days later!

I will update my post when this gets resolved.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:35:05 PM

I had problems with them on Friday and they still owe me. They promised it by Saturday, then Promised it by yesterday evening. Still have nothing and my ticket gets updated a little slower each time.

I don't think I'll have an issue, but it would be nice for it to be straightened out. I'm sure with the run up in price their business has increased significantly while people try and grab some while they are cheap. Toss in their API's getting messed up and they have a mess to clean up.

Hold on and let them fix it. I'm sure they have much more than your and my transaction to clean up and some are probably worse than ours.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
alir

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:39:21 PM

You guys just have to remember you're not the only ones. They were more than likely not prepared for this type of situation and they're doing their best.

They can't respond to everyone instantly, that kind of service requires dedicated support teams. I doubt their whole company has more than a dozen employees. Be patient.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 06:41:17 PM

Being overwhelmed by new business and DDOS attacks doesn't make you a "scammer". They are doing a commendable job and will do their best to help resolve your issues if you truly had any, despite your hostile and inaccurate accusations.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:27:14 PM

thank god other people are seeing this!! im telling you that there is an issue here folks.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:34:55 PM

yes i have. they have opened up a case and will be calling me soon.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 07:39:43 PM

Hey,

What is this?

You did not send me any emails, PM's, phone calls, live chats nothing.

You did not even include your Order information in this post.

Please give me your Order ID and we will process it.

We've never scammed anyone ever

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:46:08 PM

i just sent you a PM.... im fucking telling you this better take a fast track or im fucking steamrolling.

Hey,

What is this?

You did not send me any emails, PM's, phone calls, live chats nothing.

You did not even include your Order information in this post.

Please give me your Order ID and we will process it.

We've never scammed anyone ever

Charlie
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:58:37 PM

holy fuck look at everyone that is coming out of the woodwork now!!! this has gone viral. check out the support thread.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 08:01:40 PM

holy fuck look at everyone that is coming out of the woodwork now!!! this has gone viral. check out the support thread.

Your order processed, and we processed a refund.

Please change the title of this asap to reflect resolved

Thanks

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:23:15 PM

Dude relax, breath my bet is you get all you funds back  Wink. Bitcoin being bitcoin comes with problems, assholes are just a major part of it "DDOSERS". Yerstday was indeed a holiday and everyone deserves break, even you look like you need one lol.

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

i just sent you a PM.... im fucking telling you this better take a fast track or im fucking steamrolling.]

Why should your issues take precedence over the issues of other customers?

toz

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:11:27 AM

i just sent you a PM.... im fucking telling you this better take a fast track or im fucking steamrolling.
It's pretty obvious why a business would have a hard time performing to your satisfaction.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 01:12:57 AM

This was resolved. Can OP change the title thread please?

orion007

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

Mine hasn't been resolved either. It has been 2 days now and I still have nothing on btc-e.com. There are people that have been waiting longer than me.
battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:00:02 PM

keep BITINSTANT IN YOUR SIGHTS AND BEWARE!!!!! CAPS LOCK AND ALL

CAPSLOCKISCRUSECNTRLFORKOOL!!!!1!!1!!one!

I know this is late but I lol'd at OP raging like an old man getting his social security check a day late.

EDIT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD DUDE THEY OBVIOUSLY AREN'T SCAMMERS lol idiot
Akka
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:07:38 PM

Also edit you thread in the scam accusations, too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145175.0;topicseen

Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:23:17 PM

Mine has still not been resolved. I've sent emails daily since my transaction Friday, and I stopped getting replies from support (Rachel) on the 15th. What's the proper way to get a hold of support if not by the official support email?

If this is still an issue, please PM myself or Yankee here with all the details
troythepooh0205

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:42:38 PM

I have yet to receive my bitcoin order. it was to account number 479812505. Please get this resolved. This is supposed to be a 1 hour service. not a 24 hour service.
Thanks.
shockvibee

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:46:40 PM

I think the biggest reason people are having little patience is due to the "1 hour" "Guarantee"
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:48:21 AM

I've been taken care of. Whatever happened last week, hope it wasn't entirely bad for them. I'm sure they had a mad dash of people trying to get on the train before it was too late and if there were complications outside of that, my heart goes out to them.

However, bitinstant and co are not scammers and if you get a hold of them they will make things right. There are no threats needed.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
evilpete

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:24:50 AM

I've been taken care of. Whatever happened last week, hope it wasn't entirely bad for them. I'm sure they had a mad dash of people trying to get on the train before it was too late and if there were complications outside of that, my heart goes out to them.

However, bitinstant and co are not scammers and if you get a hold of them they will make things right. There are no threats needed.

It would do a lot more to help with confidence if they were a little more up-front about whatever's going on.  There have been hints but it hasn't been very transparent.  "PM me or file a ticket and we'll fix it" isn't the same.

If they said something like "We've shut down automated API processing and please bear with us, we are doing it all by hand to keep everyone safe" then I'd be quite ok with that.

Transparency.. it is a good thing.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Kayyye412

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 07:21:28 PM

100% true

They scammed me for 200$ and I am FUCKING PISSED.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

CRIMINALS!
chocomav

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 10:49:13 PM

I used BitInstant today to send BTC to my Blockchain Wallet via a cash deposit at the local Walmart. I went down to Walmart, paid $23.95 via Moneygram, and ZipZap/BitInstant confirmed my payment within 30 minutes. Went very smoothly and was nice to see the BTC in my BlockChain wallet. So I'm quite happy with BitInstant.
Kayyye412

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:06:03 AM

try a big amount. they'll scam the shit outtta you. how can i get my money back?
They won't answer any of my emails (7 over 85 hours)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 05:43:58 PM

100% true

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

CRIMINALS!

Dude, we did not scam you lol

Why would we ruin our repuation for $200.

Send me your details, Ive been asking for it!

charlie@bitinstant.com

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 06:24:07 PM

100% true

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

CRIMINALS!

Dude, we did not scam you lol

Why would we ruin our repuation for $200.

Send me your details, Ive been asking for it!

charlie@bitinstant.com

I'm assuming this is resolved now, seems like it with the quoted reply.  OP please PM me if you still have issues, going to lock this and change title.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: