Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] BITINSTANT IS SCAMMING!!!!!!  (Read 2998 times)
floydreunion2005 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:51:21 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 06:24:43 PM by tysat

BITINSTANT LIED!!!!!! THEY SAID THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE RETURNED BY SIX PM YESTURDAY...THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE FRIDAY.

This is getting to become an instance where the authorities need to be called in. IM CALLING THE SEC AND LAUNCHING AN INVESTIGATION

THIS BETTER GET RESOLVED BY 9AM FEB 19th

This is there statement:

Good Morning All!

Essentially on Friday BitInstant, Coinapult, MtGox, BTCe, and possibly others (unconfirmed reports of Ozcoin) were attacked.

This attack was not just a DOS attack, rather the hacker attempted to change passwords, API keys, and generally fuck up our whole system.

Not only this, but it caused major issues and code breaks in the API used for BitInstant to talk to its partner exchanges where we buy BTC as soon as your deposit is made.

All funds are safe, nothing was lost.

We immediately took BTCe offline, Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email as well.

Now, BTCe is back online and has been since Saturday.

We've been awake the past few days 24 hours and looking to have Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email back tonight EST.

All orders that were delayed will have their fees fully refunded as well as BTC prices honored as early back as Friday when your deposit was made.

I want to take this time and thank my super devoted team of developers and customer support. They have not slept all weekend, making sure everyone's emails, chats, and calls have been answered within minutes.

Thanks for your continuing business and support

Charlie

as of now, NOTHING IS RESOLVED
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:57:56 AM

PLEASE KEEP THIS UP ON TOP UNTILL THIS IS RESOLVED!!!
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:01:13 PM

Oh no, Bitinstant didn't resolve it's issues on a state Holiday.

Do you immediately have to start bitching around on a public forum?

Well, what do you expect the users of this forum to do now? Or are you thinking Bitintant has to read every single thread here, because maybe some noob didn't see their support thread that is the fifth thread on this board?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:03:00 PM

BITINSTANT LIED!!!!!! THEY SAID THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE RETURNED BY SIX PM YESTURDAY...THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE FRIDAY.

This is getting to become an instance where the authorities need to be called in. IM CALLING THE SEC AND LAUNCHING AN INVESTIGATION

THIS BETTER GET RESOLVED BY 9AM FEB 19th

This is there statement:

Good Morning All!

Essentially on Friday BitInstant, Coinapult, MtGox, BTCe, and possibly others (unconfirmed reports of Ozcoin) were attacked.

This attack was not just a DOS attack, rather the hacker attempted to change passwords, API keys, and generally fuck up our whole system.

Not only this, but it caused major issues and code breaks in the API used for BitInstant to talk to its partner exchanges where we buy BTC as soon as your deposit is made.

All funds are safe, nothing was lost.

We immediately took BTCe offline, Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email as well.

Now, BTCe is back online and has been since Saturday.

We've been awake the past few days 24 hours and looking to have Bitcoin-Address, and Bitcoin-to-email back tonight EST.

All orders that were delayed will have their fees fully refunded as well as BTC prices honored as early back as Friday when your deposit was made.

I want to take this time and thank my super devoted team of developers and customer support. They have not slept all weekend, making sure everyone's emails, chats, and calls have been answered within minutes.

Thanks for your continuing business and support

Charlie

as of now, NOTHING IS RESOLVED

Oh god, can't you see the thread stickied above there? Post there and stop drama-queening around. 1-2 days of delay and SEC?
They've been around longer than most have been, and is certainly not interested to scam you.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:05:17 PM

what?

so if your so cool calm and collected then how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? tell you what you pay me what Bitinstant owes me and we will call it a day genious. Im aware of the support thread. I want my money!!!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:09:25 PM

what?

so if your so cool calm and collected then how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? tell you what you pay me what Bitinstant owes me and we will call it a day genious. Im aware of the support thread. I want my money!!!
And you're whining your issues in a public forum. If you're aware of the support thread, then just post there and whine to Bitinstant yourself. I'm deleting any offtopic posts now.

God, I'm really thankful for the newbie restrictions....
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:14:00 PM

thanks!!
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:17:31 PM

thanks!!

Thank you for wasting my time.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:30:43 PM

How is this wasting your time I am letting people know what is going on
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:38:58 PM

How is this wasting your time I am letting people know what is going on

1) Create a support ticket as was suggested
2) Read before you post
3) Turn of caps lock
4) Don't make silly treats
5) Stop wasting everyones time

These are some free tips.

Thank you.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 12:42:54 PM

Sorry but you are the one wasting time. the topic is about bitinstant is scamming people .....stay on topic please
Line

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:10:18 PM

I utilized BitInstant over this weekend twice and each transaction was smooth as butter, and the funds were deposited at a ludicrous speed.

I was not impacted in any way by whatever incident you are referring to. I'm now a fan of BitInstant.

Keep up the good work guys/gals.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:16:54 PM

I have used bitinstant before also and had smooth transaction however this last one wasn't smooth at all so consider yourself lucky.

They have been telling us for the past four days this issue will be resolved, but nothing yet.
Line

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:26:47 PM

That is very unfortunate, I hope,your issue is resolved soon.

I know that it's a bit late to suggest this now, but in the instance of depositing a large amount funds maybe it would be wise to transfer a small amount and see if it goes through promptly. Then use that as a gauge for whether you will continue to deposit the rest. That's what I did since it was my first time using the service. Testing the waters, so to speak.

Obviously you will take a hit of ~$4 in service fees for this exercise in caution, but maybe that's the price of peace of mind?

I don't mean to offend and only wish to provide some constructive criticism to this problem. Best of luck floyd.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:47:55 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 02:01:19 PM by floydreunion2005

The thing is, I did two transactions on Friday. the small one went through the large one didn't.

My issue is when Bitinstant is a customer service problem. they cannot follow through with what they promise

I am not new to purchasing BTC. This is the first time that I have had a problem.

Their customer service is lacking the ability to handle situations such as this. They tell their customers one thing and do another. I don't have a high tolerance for this type of so-called service.

Just fixed the issue and there won't be any problems.

alir

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:32:19 PM

Op don't be a drama queen, BitInstant is awesome they got money in my mtgox account before I even made it back home from moneygram.
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:43:11 PM

Why don't you stick that mony up ur ass
alir

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:11:03 PM

Why don't you stop making piss-poor decisions then blamming the middle man?

They already promised to reimburse coin at the price it was purchased. You have nothing to complain about, you are just throwing a fit at this point.
aznmonky

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:19:34 PM

was the use of capitals really necessary?
floydreunion2005 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:27:22 PM

I can't wait until you assholes get fucked over I'm to be laughing my fucking head off
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: