Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Scam,prettiest lie ever told....  (Read 15287 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:30:48 PM

"Founder sells 25% , he does not have 100% confidence in his coin and says that this is experiment and it could crash: translated "WILL" crash."

I think the founder has to make a living out of his income. He has to sell some.

If the only income Vitalik Buterin can make is off selling 25% of his own project in a period of uncertainty and downtrend to boot... should raise some alarms.

The people that got told Ethereum was "the next Bitcoin" got lied to. Only the biggest of fools would believe that, since anyone that has been around for a while knows Ethereum is no competition for Bitcoin and will never replace it.

All Ethereum can hope for is that Bitcoin's sidechains don't fully cut it for the most complex smart contracts, otherwise if Rootstock is a success im afraid Ethereum will become irrelevant eventually.
KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:46:10 PM

The Slock.it DAO creation is now live and almost 3 mln USD have been collected so far. And to buy DAO tokens you need ETH. The more projects like that, the higher ETH evaluation. It has future if it's being used
Xiadas

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:46:47 PM

The Slock.it DAO creation is now live and almost 3 mln USD have been collected so far. And to buy DAO tokens you need ETH. The more projects like that, the higher ETH evaluation. It has future if it's being used

What will they do with the Eth they collect by selling the tokens? Will they dump the Eth again to make money?

KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 04:59:12 AM

What will they do with the Eth they collect by selling the tokens? Will they dump the Eth again to make money?
I don't really think so. If I got it right, the DAO itself is gonna be the holder of the Eth raised and it's gonna be used to pay service providers, such as Slock.it. And decisions on the use of DAO funds are gonna be made by DAO tokens holders collectively
bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 05:02:11 AM

Till today I have learnt that altcoins are only and only made to make money. Every altcoin start as experiment and end as failure.

Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:53:44 AM

Till today I have learnt that altcoins are only and only made to make money. Every altcoin start as experiment and end as failure.
Not every alt coin, if you look at the ETH now, the price is soaring high, there is good future for this coin, it just need time to be recognized for adoption.
jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:37:28 PM

eth a scam, no way. experiment and a risky investment like all cryptocurrencies, yes. but a scam, no.
Kartikay

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:23:02 PM

Price of Ethereum falling down rapidly. But this does not lead to the conclusion that it is a scam. Altcoins are even more volatile than bitcoins. We have seen downfall in bitcoin as well but it is still surviving rather performing very well. One more reason behind the poor performance of Altcoins is that bitcoin halving is approaching and people are more interested in bitcoins than any other cryptocurrency,
Zooplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:27:09 AM

Price of Ethereum falling down rapidly. But this does not lead to the conclusion that it is a scam. Altcoins are even more volatile than bitcoins. We have seen downfall in bitcoin as well but it is still surviving rather performing very well. One more reason behind the poor performance of Altcoins is that bitcoin halving is approaching and people are more interested in bitcoins than any other cryptocurrency,
Or should we just say that the price is volatile, honestly I am quite amaze by this ether coins, I have seen it rising fast for the past two days, I was planning to buy more when it hits 0.015BTC but I hesitated because of the negative comments I heard in this site, but now I regretted it cause if you look at the price now at yobit it is 0.019, I could have make a profit trading it.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 03:36:34 PM

if you don't consider pump and dumps as scams, then you are right. but any coin that is pure manipulation and doesn't have anything other than pumping and dumping with the hype and FUD, then it is a scam in my book. this coin has a bad reputation even if it is not a scam. and lets not forget the recent massive dump by the developer.

--looking for signature--
Zooplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:08:37 AM

if you don't consider pump and dumps as scams, then you are right. but any coin that is pure manipulation and doesn't have anything other than pumping and dumping with the hype and FUD, then it is a scam in my book. this coin has a bad reputation even if it is not a scam. and lets not forget the recent massive dump by the developer.
The price as of now is still soaring, I think this be up to 0.03BTC again at the end of the week. This is the good time to buy and sell when it hits the bench-marked. I don't think it is a scam now as I saw how the volume increases.
francism

Activity: 444

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:47:57 AM

I don't care if it is scam or not as long as I enjoy making money out of ETH. Buy low, sell high, rinse and repeat.  Grin
bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:10:15 AM

This guy looks hungry...probably hasn't eaten in days! Grin
Xiadas

Activity: 322

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:51:02 PM

The price as of now is still soaring, I think this be up to 0.03BTC again at the end of the week. This is the good time to buy and sell when it hits the bench-marked. I don't think it is a scam now as I saw how the volume increases.

That prediction did not work out. The price is still around 0.024. But that is 80% of the predicted value.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:55:31 PM

Looks like its impossible to believe right now because of the price today of ethereu,.. the price is high and looks like they are still increasing it.. and this thread wont effect the ethereum price at yobit..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:00:11 PM

Ethereum left and right,presented as a great opportunity,future currency etc etc etc then

people read something on the Internet written by some random person who they don't even know and/or trust and they believe it because

And i should trust you and/or OP?  Cheesy Cheesy
i dont support eth, im more of a dash person, but... since the begin people keep saying eth is scam etc etc and still there and still going up (ok... not right now, but mostly because of btc pump).

I guess if it really is just a ponzi/piramid/scam we will see after DAO.
Hermanny

Activity: 242

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:07:51 PM

ETH isn't scam.

It is just incredibly overvalued. There is no rationale way it should have been anywhere around 0.03 btc. Its just pure speculation.

Not a bad experiment, and way better than a 1000 other shit coins. But a price around 20-25% of what is now seems much more reasonable to me.  Over .02 is crazy. 

That being said I'm so glad I started mining it 4-5 months ago or so.

I agree with you! ETH has done something not done before, but it is way too overvalued!
Zooplus
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:57:05 AM

ETH isn't scam.

It is just incredibly overvalued. There is no rationale way it should have been anywhere around 0.03 btc. Its just pure speculation.

Not a bad experiment, and way better than a 1000 other shit coins. But a price around 20-25% of what is now seems much more reasonable to me.  Over .02 is crazy. 

I agree with you! ETH has done something not done before, but it is way too overvalued!

I think the price of ETH has gone high because of DAO that requires us to deposit etherium for investment. After the ICO of DAO we can see what really is the real status of ETH. I still believe that this coin has a good future but overvalued for now.
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:59:10 AM

ETH isn't scam.

Surely Eth is just overvalued.

No possible way is undervalued - this cannot possible happen - sure no way in hell SURELY!

Roll Eyes

What the fuck is the internet anyway?
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 04:07:20 AM

I'm not sure how true this thing is, but it's just causing panic for ETH holders like me.

I would like to call it a bullshit, because the day this post was made the price on yobit is 0.018.

I don't know if it is over valued, but today it's at 0.022 change. I still have hopes on ETH and hoping it will not disappoints me by scamming like the OP claims.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: