Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin halving is real?  (Read 10589 times)
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:41:31 PM

The halving is real but I have read that it is going to be canceled but I do not know if this is exactly true or not.

Praprata, I cannot believe such words from a Sr. Member. Did you actually read anything about Bitcoin?

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Forza Italia

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:09:07 PM

Without hesitation buy a bitcoin, even if the halving is not real  [...]
The halving is real but I have read that it is going to be canceled but I do not know if this is exactly true or not [...]

Sorry guys, but where those doubts about the halving come from?
It'is written in the protocol from day one and everyone should know that there will be only 21 millions of BTC mined, no matter what. This limited supply is made possible by halving the rewards of mined blocks every about 4 years.
These are fundamental points of Bitcoin; it would have another name without these features.

Also, do not forget that this isn't the first time an halving happens.
i dont know if it is real but if you just take a look at the bitcoin counter page you will see that it has to be true. Such a shame for allot of people who are mining the coins but you cant do anything about it.
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:41:43 PM

Without hesitation buy a bitcoin, even if the halving is not real  [...]
The halving is real but I have read that it is going to be canceled but I do not know if this is exactly true or not [...]

Sorry guys, but where those doubts about the halving come from?
It'is written in the protocol from day one and everyone should know that there will be only 21 millions of BTC mined, no matter what. This limited supply is made possible by halving the rewards of mined blocks every about 4 years.
These are fundamental points of Bitcoin; it would have another name without these features.

Also, do not forget that this isn't the first time an halving happens.
i dont know if it is real but if you just take a look at the bitcoin counter page you will see that it has to be true. Such a shame for allot of people who are mining the coins but you cant do anything about it.

What do you mean "I don't know if it's real"?

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:04:12 PM

I guess it's true. has been a lot of news circulating about it at this time. and the likely increase in bitcoin is currently affected by halving, but I do not know for sure, I just guessed
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:59:26 PM

I guess it's true. has been a lot of news circulating about it at this time. and the likely increase in bitcoin is currently affected by halving, but I do not know for sure, I just guessed

"guess" based on what? Sorry to be pedantic, but I am touching myself to see if I am dreaming or what. You are in a bitcoin forum, maybe you even have some bitcoins yourselves, and you write things like "i've heard", "for me", "I guess"... First of all, you would just need to look around in the forum to understand that it's not a matter of guess, it's hardcoded in bitcoin, every 210.000 blocks the reward halves. Or, you can google it, read in github, wikipedia, etc. Don't just guess.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:27:25 PM

You can see it effecting the price already..

Price has been increasing and its already at 580 as the new average and this is not even halving this is pre-halving prices.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:40:21 PM

Price has been increasing and its already at 580 as the new average and this is not even halving this is pre-halving prices.
Probably real, that is why the price is skyrocketing. Some people treat this coming halving as an opportunity for them to earn more money from their investment as it was expected that the price will significantly increase and will be stable after the halving.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:57:37 PM

Probably real, that is why the price is skyrocketing. Some people treat this coming halving as an opportunity for them to earn more money from their investment as it was expected that the price will significantly increase and will be stable after the halving.

Indeed this will happen without any doubts, I think there are some big chances that this will happen this year without any doubts.
kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:52:09 AM

Probably real
No "probably", no "maybe", no "I guess". Halving is written in the protocol, just read it, you don't need to believe or guess. That's the beauty of an open protocol.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:01:07 AM

With rising hash power rate yes, as long as more hash power in the network sooner we will have halving.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:21:11 AM

Yes, its real of course but the question is still will it be good and when exactly will it happen,
no one knows when it will begin and start rising if it even will so we just need to wait, its a matter of patient.
clickerz

Activity: 1414

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:48:11 AM

Probably real
No "probably", no "maybe", no "I guess". Halving is written in the protocol, just read it, you don't need to believe or guess. That's the beauty of an open protocol.

Thats right  Cheesy Halving is real and it will happen. Maybe the  thread starter here asking the bitcoin price after halving since it is widely speculated that it will rise and it seems its on going now.

Open for Campaigns
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 12:08:43 PM

The halving is real but I have read that it is going to be canceled but I do not know if this is exactly true or not. The halving could be good for the people that want to buy Bitcoins because it makes the coins allot cheaper. If you want to sell this is less good news.

Halving won't be canceled.
This wouldnt work out.

kik1977

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:14:37 PM

With rising hash power rate yes, as long as more hash power in the network sooner we will have halving.

Sorry to disagree. It's a rule coded in the protocol, and it doesn't care of price, mining power, your opinion, god, the government, etc. It only cares of the block count. At block 420.000 reward per block goes down to 12.5. Full stop.

Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:38:30 AM

Halving is real man. It wont be cancelled because it is programmed to happen since bitcoin started.  Grin It can't be cancelled by the thing that will happen before it.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 01:51:18 PM

bitcoin halving is real, but nobody can say for sure that the price will go up, bitcoin will become just more rare.Btw i think that buy a bitcoin is always a good idea

The halving is real and it is going to happen any time soon now, I do not know what the price is going to be after the halving I hope that it does not go down.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 02:13:18 PM

Yes bitcoin halving is for real and that does not mean that the bitcoin will rise allot of fall down allot because it ojnly affects the people who are mining they only are f#cked.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:40:12 AM

Yes bitcoin halving is true and to make some profit before that halving event we need to collect and save some bitcoin to ensured that we can get a lot of money after halving.
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:49:10 AM

Yes bitcoin halving is true and to make some profit before that halving event we need to collect and save some bitcoin to ensured that we can get a lot of money after halving.
Yes bitcoin halving is real, i think this halving was the best than other halving in the life of bitcoin. It can give use big profit and this also encourage us to collect and save bitcoin for our future.
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 02:53:18 AM

Yes, bitcoin halving is real. It happens once every about four years. The reward per block mined is halved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: