Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:41:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: deposit EUR to bitstamp from someone elses bank account  (Read 1247 times)
darsie (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:43:06 PM

Will they accept it? Delays?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:28:56 PM

Are you talking about the transfer coming from another financial service (e.g., CurrencyFair or TransferWise) or are you instead talking about a transfer from a person or corporation?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

darsie (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

Are you talking about the transfer coming from another financial service (e.g., CurrencyFair or TransferWise) or are you instead talking about a transfer from a person or corporation?

It's from a friends bank account. I have a German bank account but they don't have a branch here in Austria, so I use her bank account to deposit money. Now I wonder if I have to wire it first to my bank account, or if I can wire it directly to my bitstamp.net account, which would be quicker.

But that kind of thing would make bitstamp very vulnerable to account phishing and wire fraud, and I don't want to end up having the wire investigated, reversed and rewire it through my bank account, which might take very long and incur fees.

phasor

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:24:26 AM

They would only investigate if your friend reports the transfer as not being done by her otherwise they wouldn't investigate anything.

You should ask Bitstamp support directly since only they can tell you for sure how and what transfers they accept.
darsie (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:41:25 AM

They would only investigate if your friend reports the transfer as not being done by her otherwise they wouldn't investigate anything.

You should ask Bitstamp support directly since only they can tell you for sure how and what transfers they accept.

I did, but I wanted the info yesterday to decide whether I should cancel the wire to my bank account and send to them directly or not. I received a reply from them today:

"Unfortunately third party deposits are not permitted. Please transfer funds from your own bank account."

So it's the same as at mtgox. They tell us at the funding page.
mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:48:53 AM

My understanding is that if you make a very big deposit Bitstamp with require some further proof of identity > $10,000.

But for more normal amounts, so far as I know, they do not.

Therefore they cannot tell if it is your bank account or someone elses!!! LOL!!

So although I understand that you might be nervous about this, I think you are good to go.

Perhaps Bitstamp have changed what ID verification they do as standard since I joined 2 months ago?

I'd also like to take this chance to say that my dealings with Bitstamp have always been straightforward and smooth, its a very good service.

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
darsie (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:45:07 PM

>My understanding is that if you make a very big deposit Bitstamp with require some further proof of identity > $10,000.
>
>But for more normal amounts, so far as I know, they do not.
>
>Therefore they cannot tell if it is your bank account or someone elses!!! LOL!!

I think, they'll get the name with the wire.

>So although I understand that you might be nervous about this, I think you are good to go.
>
>Perhaps Bitstamp have changed what ID verification they do as standard since I joined 2 months ago?

I registered just by entering my name and email address. I could have registered as my friend. But now I sent the money to my bank account ... Maybe next time ...
mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 01:05:12 PM

Yes, that was the point I was making.

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: