Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN and SILVER PARITY REACHED!  (Read 2347 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:23:20 PM

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:24:32 PM

In pictures:

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:32:38 PM

Go for the gold next.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 07:45:25 PM

Parity with one pound (16 oz) of silver. That would mean BTC wiping out centuries of depreciation in the oldest currency the Pound Sterling (GBP) in a matter of a few years. Or to put it in another way parity with what a GBP used to be worth.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 08:24:40 PM

Parity with one pound (16 oz) of silver. That would mean BTC wiping out centuries of depreciation in the oldest currency the Pound Sterling (GBP) in a matter of a few years. Or to put it in another way parity with what a GBP used to be worth.

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:39:41 PM

we are at parity with an ounce of silver, not a whole pound

...yet

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:33:18 AM

We only just reached parity with what a USD used to be worth. Don't preempt, it's bad for your sanity.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:03:14 AM

It truly is a great day.  Bitcoin has reached parity in a few short years with something that's been considered money for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:36:43 AM

Parity with one pound (16 oz) of silver.

One troy pound of silver is composed of 12 troy oz. Each troy oz. has 480 grains, as opposed to the "normal" ounce of 437.5 grains.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 03:57:19 AM

And now both are over priced! :-)
I like silver at 10 dollars an ounce.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 04:06:12 AM

And now both are over priced! :-)
I like silver at 10 dollars an ounce.

So would I, want to sell me some at that price? Grin

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 04:21:58 AM

Parity with one pound (16 oz) of silver.

One troy pound of silver is composed of 12 troy oz. Each troy oz. has 480 grains, as opposed to the "normal" ounce of 437.5 grains.

The British pound was not a Troy pound. Rather, it was a Tower pound, which measures 12 Tower ounces and weighs slightly less than a Troy pound.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:13:52 AM

Can't wait for the gold parity..
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2013, 05:39:44 PM

It is interesting to think that BTC1 is worth the same amount as an ounce of silver.  Different types of work went into each items production.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 06:11:50 PM

It is interesting to think that BTC1 is worth the same amount as an ounce of silver.  Different types of work went into each items production.

And yet, some just can't make the connection:

Gold and Silver are worth what it is because of the time, energy, money and capital that goes into producing that goes into creating it.
Good luck trying to setup your computer and actually try mining these things (bitcoins), I think it takes years for you to mine one or two or five or whatever.

(on a side-note this is fucking hilarious. He says gold/silver derive it's value from the work that had to be put into mining (which is false anyway) and 3 seconds later complains that bitcoin is hard to mine and is constantly being "bid up" in the market. Just LOL. He seems to think its unfair that it's hard to mine and one has to buy it. Well duh, same for silver, tried mining some last night in the backyard with that ol' shovel, didn't get much, quite unfair, no everyone's trying to buy it and the price goes up, unfair squared!)

On another side note: I don't understand the whole: "it has value because work was put in"-thing. Maybe the fact that it requires a lot of work to extract bitcoin/silver is result of i's scarcrity, but its value is not a result of the work you had to put in to get it. I've asked this question ("why would the fact that much work was put into producing something mean that this something has value? I can't get the work back out, can I?") to some silver guys and the answer was: "But you can sell that silver and get energy back for it, tadaaa!". That's false again: you can probably buy energy for silver, but not because energy was used to mine the silver but for other reasons. A counter-example can easily be constructed.

Sorry, this was not an answer to what I quoted, but the quote lead me to this.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:14:29 PM

On another side note: I don't understand the whole: "it has value because work was put in"-thing. Maybe the fact that it requires a lot of work to extract bitcoin/silver is result of i's scarcrity, but its value is not a result of the work you had to put in to get it. I've asked this question ("why would the fact that much work was put into producing something mean that this something has value? I can't get the work back out, can I?") to some silver guys and the answer was: "But you can sell that silver and get energy back for it, tadaaa!". That's false again: you can probably buy energy for silver, but not because energy was used to mine the silver but for other reasons. A counter-example can easily be constructed.

Exactly. What if you do all that work and all you get is a pile of rocks? What if you're walking to the site and you stumble over a big nugget of silver (Well, it has happened with gold. I'm not sure if it can with silver).

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 09:04:29 PM

It's the converse of a true statement. Humans tend to think that if something is true, it's converse also is (e.g. "to be attractive you usually must smell nice" is true, while "if you smell nice you are attractive" is patently false, but enough people believe it to make Axe advertisements work).

Similarly, "if it has value then work must be put in" is true, and obviously so. Its converse, "if work was put in then it must have value", is not necessarily true—but for a human, easy enough to assume so.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:55:39 PM

The British pound was not a Troy pound. Rather, it was a Tower pound, which measures 12 Tower ounces and weighs slightly less than a Troy pound.

I didn't know this. Thanks.
goldlyre

Activity: 1101
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 11:14:06 PM

Firstly silver, later on palladium, finally gold... Who knows.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 08:29:05 PM

Firstly silver, later on palladium, finally gold... Who knows.

And after gold we will hit platinum and rhodium.

I'd like to get an ounce of technetium for a bitcoin, please.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: