Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for sale  (Read 834 times)
grangerbill (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:00:01 AM

Hi guys,

I have bitcoin for sale.

I will accept visa with vbv, mastercard with securecode and paypal.

I know of the inherent drawbacks to paypal and cards with chargebacks etc. Looking for traders who genuinely want to buy bitcoin at a good price and help me to cash out without commissions and delays.

Pm me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Another block in the wall

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:06:55 AM

Hi guys,

I have bitcoin for sale.

I will accept visa with vbv, mastercard with securecode and paypal.

I know of the inherent drawbacks to paypal and cards with chargebacks etc. Looking for traders who genuinely want to buy bitcoin at a good price and help me to cash out without commissions and delays.

Pm me.
And it starts......

In Cryptography we trust.
grangerbill (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:14:07 AM

Sorry "and it starts..."?

What do you mean? I see the risk as being all mine in this transaction. I will try and reduce the risk as much as possible (e.g. requiring vbv or securecode, and i will put a condition on paypal - 3 days clearance) on my end.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:19:59 AM

Sorry "and it starts..."?

What do you mean? I see the risk as being all mine in this transaction. I will try and reduce the risk as much as possible (e.g. requiring vbv or securecode, and i will put a condition on paypal - 3 days clearance) on my end.

I'll give you $80 paypal for 2.73 BTC, but only if you send first.
cptmooseinc

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:28:38 AM

PMed this dude. Told him that we could get escrow involved to allow for his three day hold of his BTC, but that he must send it to escrow first and then I'll send funds. Haven't heard a response. Sending PMs like this to all the people in the "Newbies" section attempting "BTC for PP". I think this is crazy this one is asking to keep his BTC for three days before sending! I believe it's most likely so his story would be more "believable" by Paypal and he'd get to keep his scammed funds.

The Moose's Tip Jar: BTC - 1HoTm9ZqrEmD5Tvs5qAdPM311agyN3eHra
LTC - LPg9svS4dcK5Kzy6HUoef8icrnDxED3ZVA
grangerbill (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:33:58 AM

Haven't heard a response - dude it was like 8 minutes ago!!

Geez, if that sort of turnaround on pms is the expectation here then there is no way I can meet it - nor could many people.

You don't think 3 days is reasonable turnaround on paypal - no problem - easy solution, don't send me pm asking to trade.

I will get to your pm - sometimes there are other things to do with 8 minutes.
cptmooseinc

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:38:15 AM

I think it's reasonable, if you'll allow your coin to be held in escrow by a trusted member who's done plenty of escrow (aka johnthedong). If you won't escrow, then no one should/will trade with you. No one is going to let their PP sit for three days while you build up time and can say to Paypal, "Hey! Why would he wait three days to complain about virtual goods?! That doesn't make sense." And then you win the case.

So, answer in this thread, whether or not you trade with me or anyone else, would you send your BTC to escrow through johnthedong?

If your answer is no or any other ridiculous reply being angry at me, then you're a scammer.

Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:43:58 AM

sometimes there are other things to do with 8 minutes.

yeah, but you only need one hand for that...

grangerbill (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 12:46:39 AM

hey,

Just replied to your pm - post it here if you would like in the interests of transperency.

Yes, I am absolutely interested in trading with people on here via escrow - via John or any other way. I haven't investigated escrow services yet but if they get the reviews I have briefly seen then absolutely. My goal is to offload these bitcoin at a value greater than I can get via an exchange once i take into account commisions etc. I'm not interested in scamming anyone - i have a number of bitcoin that i want to cashout and i think this is the best way to get the most money for them.

No, i won't trade with you. I'm not complaining or getting angry with you, I just don't think we could do business together. As i said in my reply, you complained when 8 minutes had past and I hadn't messaged you back. I'm sorry about that, but I can't watch this all the time. If you expect any posters (newbies or otherwise) to respond to messages with that sort of turnaround, then either my time management is extremely poor or your expectations are too high or somewhere in the middle.

I have had other pm's and will follow up on those and others that i receive.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 01:08:59 AM

I'm buying all you've got.  Not good offer refused.  PM me.
grangerbill (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 01:20:14 AM

Hey guys,

I didn't expect this sort of response and i hadn't planned on being online this long. Just letting you know that i'm going to be off for a little while. When i am back on later i will check the commissions on escrow and look into that a bit more.

Basically i have quite a few bitcoins that i'm looking to cashout whilst the price is good. If i can do this simply and at a commissions and fees that aren't going to lose me a lot then we'll trade.

thanks to everyone who has pm'd me. I am pretty sure i have replied to everyone.
cptmooseinc

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 01:53:22 AM

johnthedong does commission-free escrow. He only asks for tips at the end if you'd like to. Which, if you have as much coin as you say you do, I definitely say keep a couple of them back as a tip at the end of selling them all off! Hahaha.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 10:44:54 AM

In my sig.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: