Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH added to BTC-E. Monero not  (Read 7862 times)
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 05:59:50 PM

Dash right now.

Good picture of Evan.

Kinda sums him up really.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 06:31:52 PM

Monero right now.

Dash right now.

Nice one  Grin

I bet she plays football as well Evan designs coins.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:34:23 PM

You mean the Dash that got delisted from Bitfinex? Cheesy
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:37:37 PM

You mean the Dash that got delisted from Bitfinex? Cheesy

Exactly - the instamined shit delisted by Bitfinex Cheesy
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 06:37:48 PM

Monero right now.

Dash right now.

Nice one  Grin

I bet she plays football as well Evan designs coins.

never underestimate the power of pretty blondes..

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:24:09 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 08:53:36 PM by Levole11

never held a single dash or xmr, i just am here to laugh at xmr trolls...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:23:37 PM

It's fun to see new coins on BTC-E after all! Cool

I hope they keep the trend of adding a gem or two once in a while, so that we can see other great platforms that have truly pushed innovation forward added too. For now, two new ones are a great start and there are some more to keep ones eyes on!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:27:59 PM

never held a single dash or xmr, i just am here to laugh at xmr trolls...  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

This is the first thing that came to me my mind when I saw the news, going to be some major butthurt, get the popcorn. I don't hold either coins either, too low risk, low reward for me.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:32:03 PM

I didn't know the success of a coin is measured based on its availability on BTC-E.  Grin
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:05:27 PM

This is the first thing that came to me my mind when I saw the news, going to be some major butthurt, get the popcorn. I don't hold either coins either, too low risk, low reward for me.

Agreed. Even though I never supported DASH, because there are better sollutions with more modern codebases out there, I still laugh at the monero trolls. They fight so hard versus DASH and will never win, because DASH supporters aren't a bunch of lifeless trolls who live to make other's day miserable.

DASH has admittedly good ideas while Monero didn't achieve anything in the past year except trying to fix a broken codebase for a project that will never be suited to be used as a true currency for daily transactions or a store of value. It will never achieve adoption. Must be hard to swallow, thus all the trolling and negativity.

Grabbing my biggest popcorn to date:

Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 10:47:25 PM

I didn't know the success of a coin is measured based on its availability on BTC-E.  Grin

It might not be a succes meter, sure is a butthurt one Smiley and it shows this:

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:24:46 AM

i heard btc-e only adds coins with official GUI wallets  Tongue

congratulations to DASH and Ethereum!

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 12:38:28 AM

I don't think you understand the scope of what the Dash project is trying to accomplish. We have a goal of being digital cash for the entire world. Even if we achieve only one percent of our goal, the price will be orders of magnitude higher than current prices... As I've said in the "Internet of Money" thread, we're coming. It's up to you if you want to be along for the ride...  Grin

No disrespect but dashs goal to be a world currency is the same as many other coins yet they all fall short. Ive read many of the arguments for and against and maybe some day will invest a bit into dash but how much i dont know. One coin will make it eventually, its just being in the right boat thats important.

Shorter version of Tao:

"Don't judge Dash based on it's "accidental" instamine and scumbag emission cut actions, judge Dash on it's beautiful glittering intentions to create unicorns running under clear blue skies!"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 12:41:17 AM

I like the DASH. It's on a good path as we can see! Cool
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 12:50:23 AM

If I sold all my monero tomorrow, I'd still be calling Dash what it is - instamined, weaksauce privacy wannabe coin.

Hating dash doesn't need an ulterior motive - it can suck on its own. Smiley

Epic put down.  So true.

The best testimony to that effect was provided by a Dash core dev, upon quitting the project in disgust:

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield.

the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository.

i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

Sorry DashHoles, but BTC-E isn't going to give you the "gold donkey" (although I admit it may help you "exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space").

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
somacoin

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 12:54:08 AM

It was a funny time when I found out the Monero devs had secret miners and my own farm had not remotely the performance they had. Needless to say I felt s.. Same about Dash in the beginning. Now both are over that phase. Both have been further developed. But objectively can the state of development between the two even be compared? To me it seems like a caffeinated powerhouse versus spaced out depressed in terms of technological comparison. Monero should have stepped up its game when it still could.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 02:20:45 AM

It was a funny time when I found out the Monero devs had secret miners and my own farm had not remotely the performance they had. Needless to say I felt s.. Same about Dash in the beginning. Now both are over that phase. Both have been further developed. But objectively can the state of development between the two even be compared? To me it seems like a caffeinated powerhouse versus spaced out depressed in terms of technological comparison. Monero should have stepped up its game when it still could.

"not remotely?"

You are exaggerating the performance gap between the un-de-optimized miners and the original.

There was no orders-of-magnitude type speed-up when more efficient mining software became publicly available.

Your massive sense of entitlement to be provided, for free, with the fastest miner available is offensive.

Wolf0, Claymore, etc deserve every tacoshi they earned from selling/renting better software.

How long have you been with the Free Shit Army?  Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:39:47 AM

Im actually quite impressed that dash has made it this far. Even with all the dramas ive heard it still seems to be holding a good value. Im still not sure if it would be worth investing in though,still seems like it might be quite a big gamble. Especially since prices are quite high. It would mean quite a large investment to make any money back,

If you have doubts, simply don't invest. And in contrast to sanctimonious smooth who tries reverse psychology on unsuspecting potential Monero victims when he says something like that, I actually mean this.

Dude, there is no reverse psychology. By far, most of my net worth is non-crypto and by far most of my crypto net worth (which even includes a bit of Dash) is Bitcoin. I'm not a true believer in any of these coins by any means, especially any alts, so when I tell people this coin or that coin is not a good (or at best a dangerous) investment, I really mean it, and I practice what I preach.

Anyway, congrats to Dash. Getting recognized by a major exchange is a significant event.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:45:22 AM

Im actually quite impressed that dash has made it this far. Even with all the dramas ive heard it still seems to be holding a good value. Im still not sure if it would be worth investing in though,still seems like it might be quite a big gamble. Especially since prices are quite high. It would mean quite a large investment to make any money back,

If you have doubts, simply don't invest. And in contrast to sanctimonious smooth who tries reverse psychology on unsuspecting potential Monero victims when he says something like that, I actually mean this.

Dude, there is no reverse psychology. By far, most of my net worth is non-crypto and by far most of my crypto net worth (which even includes a bit of Dash) is Bitcoin. I'm not a true believer in any of these coins by any means, especially any alts, so when I tell people this coin or that coin is not a good (or at best a dangerous) investment, I really mean it, and I practice what I preach.

Anyway, congrats to Dash. Getting recognized by a major exchange is a significant event.

nice. the monero people would be jumping for joy if they got listed by a major exchange. and i too would be the first to congratulate them.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 05:07:06 AM

nice. the monero people would be jumping for joy if they got listed by a major exchange. and i too would be the first to congratulate them.

Did you ever congratulate them when Monero was paired with coins on Poloniex?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: