Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the rally is over now... or very soon?  (Read 15982 times)
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:20:05 PM

Just need someone to buy up those last 8000 BTC:

their will be 8000 more at 31

haven't you noticed this whole rally has been buy out one more wall and its going to explode UP, one more wall , one more wall , one more wall ,one more wall.

Hey Adam, we went from 12 to almost 30... it's already exploded up! Don't fight it, man, you'll just get hurt.  Grin
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:22:32 PM

haven't you noticed this whole rally has been buy out one more wall and its going to explode UP, one more wall , one more wall , one more wall ,one more wall.

Thing is: I don't want it to explode. And it's not exploding.... a good thing.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 06:25:16 PM

Hey Adam, we went from 12 to almost 30... it's already exploded up! Don't fight it, man, you'll just get hurt.  Grin

ya every wall bought was reward with 1$ UP

this wall is the same, but don't go pretending that their are no more bitcoins to be bought the higher we go...quite the opposite...

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 06:31:02 PM

ya every wall bought was reward with 1$ UP

this wall is the same, but don't go pretending that their are no more bitcoins to be bought the higher we go...quite the opposite...

Either the wall will get eaten or it will move... of course there are more bitcoins to be bought... but there's also more money to buy them  Wink
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 12:47:49 AM

So what's the point of even creating a thread like this?
I mean, the way I see it, there are two outcomes.

a) You're right, and no one really cares much, but I guess you can claim some sort of fame for calling the hand in advance.
b) You're wrong and you end up looking like a troll/bear/ass (add any negative adjective)

So, I see the rewards not being as great and I see the potential of being made fun of....

IMHO

Or bluffing. Basically: "if we make some noise about price bubbles, it will counteract other people's exuberance*. This will make the average sentiment seem more balanced, which may confuse some people and make them feel more confident about buying more bitcoins at a high price when they might have otherwise been more cautious."

Examples of Bitcoin exuberance/fanboi-ism:
  • BTC is finally catching up to fair value because Wordpress, Reddit, and Mega!
  • I believe that the mining reward halving magically puts pressure on the exchange rate until it doubles!
  • The next 10 corporate adoption announcements should be priced in before they happen!

+1,000,000

it seems that every post these days is someone talking their wallet, or a carefully crafted sentiment flag. maybe traders are starting to get anxious....? Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:32:51 AM

... or very soon.

Watching "Panic buying" is exciting.
Remember markets go both ways.

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 02:55:51 AM

Being a bear right now must be a very confusing, and depressing experience. 

In before "Ah ha! Bitcoin dropped to $50! I knew it all along!"

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:59:31 AM

Being a bear right now must be a very confusing, and depressing experience. 

In before "Ah ha! Bitcoin dropped to $50! I knew it all along!"

lol, eactly

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 08:04:09 PM

It's a really battle, but the super-low volume on the latest "rally" is not very impressive.
Long-term = Bullish
Medium-term = Very low 20's.

BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:13:01 AM

Every post from OP is The Sky Is Falling. BitHappy why you so unhappy.  Smiley more

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:19:00 AM

It's a really battle, but the super-low volume on the latest "rally" is not very impressive.
Long-term = Bullish
Medium-term = Very low 20's.

Naturally the rally has slowed down. It can't keep going up .50 cents a day like before, however there is no indication of a sell-off, much less to low 20's... if anything, we'll see a slower uptrend all the way to 40 within the next two-three months with the usual drops to profit taking and re-buying..

It's also coming up to the end of the month.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:38:38 AM

Any second, any second... Wait for it... any second... here we... any... any... just about nnnnn.... any second... keep watching... keep watching... Here we ggggg.... any moment, right about right nnnn... it's right on the edge... here it cccc... don't look away... one little... just one... any second... It... is... going... to... happen... five... four... three... two... one and a half... one and a quarter... one and three sixteenths... here it... here it... nearly...

Any second, its gonna break the all-time high??  Grin

It's also coming up to the end of the month.

1st of the month?  Cheesy

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2146

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:47:14 AM

Any second, any second... Wait for it... any second... here we... any... any... just about nnnnn.... any second... keep watching... keep watching... Here we ggggg.... any moment, right about right nnnn... it's right on the edge... here it cccc... don't look away... one little... just one... any second... It... is... going... to... happen... five... four... three... two... one and a half... one and a quarter... one and three sixteenths... here it... here it... nearly...

No-no. It's going to crash so hard, it'll take out an orphanage and leave a crater. Honest.

Cheesy

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 05:17:49 AM

No-no. It's going to crash so hard, it'll take out an orphanage and leave a crater. Honest.

Cheesy

Still waiting...  Cool

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
zkay

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 05:23:21 AM

Cheesy

Still waiting...  Cool
whitenight639

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:01:27 AM

why has nobody mentioned the recent forbes articles on bitcoin? Seems to me they along with reddit and wordpress have stirred the interest.

Are you ready for my predictions -  **Pulls out Crystal ball whilst cheap disco fog rolls in..**

The current rally will level off to a more natural upwards incline as those that were interested by the recent press get bored and confused about how to buy and keep / spend bitcoin, the hardcore geeky few or the ones wealthy enough to pay some trader to invest in it for them will continue to buy and trade bitcoin,

The problem with bitcoin is its small market capitalisation, its small user-base, and lack of suppliers selling real world items & consumables in exchange for bitcoin.

When more brokerages and big exchanges manifest, along with personal, portable hardware wallets and payment systems bitcoin will take off like a rocket- as the ipod type people see these hardware devices amongst there friends, big time traders and drug dealers see the opportunity to cash in and out with the exchanges.

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 07:50:00 AM

That is the point when it's smart to become skeptical.

Have you 'thanked' a skeptic today?
A market with some signs of balance is much healthier than a situation with clearly excessive exuberance (i.e. Early June 2011)

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:57:38 PM

why has nobody mentioned the recent forbes articles on bitcoin? Seems to me they along with reddit and wordpress have stirred the interest.

Are you ready for my predictions -  **Pulls out Crystal ball whilst cheap disco fog rolls in..**

The current rally will level off to a more natural upwards incline as those that were interested by the recent press get bored and confused about how to buy and keep / spend bitcoin, the hardcore geeky few or the ones wealthy enough to pay some trader to invest in it for them will continue to buy and trade bitcoin,

The problem with bitcoin is its small market capitalisation, its small user-base, and lack of suppliers selling real world items & consumables in exchange for bitcoin.

When more brokerages and big exchanges manifest, along with personal, portable hardware wallets and payment systems bitcoin will take off like a rocket- as the ipod type people see these hardware devices amongst there friends, big time traders and drug dealers see the opportunity to cash in and out with the exchanges.

Mantonis has done like 10+ Forbes articles on bitcoin.  No new eyes there.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2146

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:49:09 PM

Mantonis has done like 10+ Forbes articles on bitcoin.  No new eyes there.

And he's clearly a cheerleader. Which is not a bad thing per-se but it should immediately trigger "I am reading a biased article" flags in anyone with a bit of common sense. Definitely not as beneficial as an article which would show a somewhat balanced approach maybe tinged with a little skepticism.

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:22:20 AM

It's coming.. the crash is coming... oh wait..
+1 sure ... (are you ridding the market ?)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: