Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good idea to buy Bitcoin now at $29?  (Read 10656 times)
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:08:16 AM

tell me more about this deep bull trend.

hint: indicators give you insight as to how 'deep' it really is. i saw the rally losing steam before the price tested the bottom support. it's finally broken through. good luck bulls.

That chart starts at $20, and its linear. This rally started at least as far back as $14! And use log scale, we're still in the channel..

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

hint: indicators give you insight as to how 'deep' it really is. i saw the rally losing steam before the price tested the bottom support. it's finally broken through. good luck bulls.

That chart starts at $20, and its linear. This rally started at least as far back as $14! And use log scale, we're still in the channel..

so your channel is better than my channel? these lines are arbitrary [read: not scale-invariant]. my chart simply shows that short-term momentum is sagging and we are now consolidating.

edit: also, look closer, it's actually a log chart. you really know what you're doing. Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 03:01:57 AM

so your channel is better than my channel? these lines are arbitrary [read: not scale-invariant]. my chart simply shows that short-term momentum is sagging and we are now consolidating.

edit: also, look closer, it's actually a log chart. you really know what you're doing. Tongue

Ah, you're right, it is a log chart. And so what if short-term momentum is sagging/consolidating around $30-$32. We saw the same thing around $20-$22, which your channel conveniently excludes.

Your channel is biased, it already broke below around $27. You can draw a triangle there too and then see how it continued upward.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 03:35:28 AM

your response is ignoring entirely the context of my post.

first, channels are not definitive. it 'tested' the support at $27, but recovered quickly, unlike his time around.

second, i'm not saying that there won't be an upside breakout of this particular triangle consolidation. no one can predict price movements with 100% accuracy.

now, let's look at the context:

lol.
Bears still have shitty arguments! Bears simply have nothing other than "yo this is a bubble because it was a bubble bubble bubblespeak bubble."
Maxing out technical indicators means jack shit in a deep bull trend, which Bitcoin is undergoing.

the indicators are still saying reversal territory. you can follow along in my analysis thread here. i actually predicted the first testing of the support i outlined above in that very thread, and the 'deep bull trend' which has been going on since $14 is clearly losing steam. i was pointing out to humanitee that indicators are important, and helped predict the weakening of the trend, which leaves it vulnerable to the coming correction of this large price movement.

in other words, he claimed all is well in the rally, so my indicators are worthless. i countered with a chart demonstrating how the price momentum is falling off in the short-term. if in the mid-term (uninterrupted rally from $14 to $30) we are aching for a correction, then when price falters in the short-term it is a significant risk.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
PetrovMichael

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:43:47 AM

think of all the people sitting on stacks of 10k bitcoins ...
have no reason to sell, for what ? have other incomes too ...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:59:51 AM

lol.
Bears still have shitty arguments! Bears simply have nothing other than "yo this is a bubble because it was a bubble bubble bubblespeak bubble."
Maxing out technical indicators means jack shit in a deep bull trend, which Bitcoin is undergoing.

I became even more bullish when I saw cypher was getting avalons (Shocked).

How did you come up with that lower channel line? It has 0 touchpoints.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:31:22 PM

Alright, back from the weekend and ready to watch the correction intensify.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:44:13 PM

Yes, the correction is surely coming, since none of my friends anymore has bitcoins, and we want to buy more.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:35:13 PM

Welcome back.

I have important question. Did we seen top for this year?
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:43:09 PM

Thank you for the rocket confirmation, lol

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:16:13 PM

Welcome back.

Probably.  Hard to imagine buying past the recent 2013 high.  We're very likely in correction territory.  Probably just need one more large player to made the change definitive, and then we'll see the herd race each other to the door.  We could still very easily see single digits as downward momentum builds.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

we will only see single digits once bitcoin is officially split into satoshis.

i am satoshi
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:48:03 PM

Welcome back.

Probably.  Hard to imagine buying past the recent 2013 high.  We're very likely in correction territory.  Probably just need one more large player to made the change definitive, and then we'll see the herd race each other to the door.  We could still very easily see single digits as downward momentum builds.

Maybe people are reluctant to buy over this new high, but why do they need to race each other to the door? Yes, there may be some people in that catogory, but at this stage bitcoin only represent a small portion of most people's asset and they probably have a lot patient than you thought.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:13:46 PM

Watching that downward momentum build and build...

cheat_2_win

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:16:01 PM

Where??
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:22:10 PM

Above silver and below an all time high. The perfect place to stay for a while attracting attention.

I'm also extremely short, hoping for a flash dump.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:01:49 PM

your response is ignoring entirely the context of my post.

first, channels are not definitive. it 'tested' the support at $27, but recovered quickly, unlike his time around.

second, i'm not saying that there won't be an upside breakout of this particular triangle consolidation. no one can predict price movements with 100% accuracy.

now, let's look at the context:

lol.

the indicators are still saying reversal territory. you can follow along in my analysis thread here. i actually predicted the first testing of the support i outlined above in that very thread, and the 'deep bull trend' which has been going on since $14 is clearly losing steam. i was pointing out to humanitee that indicators are important, and helped predict the weakening of the trend, which leaves it vulnerable to the coming correction of this large price movement.

in other words, he claimed all is well in the rally, so my indicators are worthless. i countered with a chart demonstrating how the price momentum is falling off in the short-term. if in the mid-term (uninterrupted rally from $14 to $30) we are aching for a correction, then when price falters in the short-term it is a significant risk.

I have been busy and hadn't noticed you responded.

Time will prove one of us right! I've been talking to a lot of people about Bitcoin lately (more so than in the past) and they are loving the concept. Hopefully we have more than just one Bitcoin evangelist.

Have a good day.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:06:32 PM

Where??

Irony, possibly sarcasm.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:11:35 PM

But once we build a huge downward momentum, somebody comes in, buys 20 BTC and the rally reignites!  Grin

i am satoshi
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 06:57:43 PM

But once we build a huge downward momentum, somebody comes in, buys 20 BTC and the rally reignites!  Grin

The fact that there are so many people hoping for a downturn or a bubble burst so that they can buy Bitcoin cheaper means that there would not be a very big downturn.

When the price went down to $4/BTC a lot of it was from people making money on Bitcoinica shorting to make money. At that point, people were hoping the price would go up so that they could short more.

Plus there were so many hacks that sentiment was not very healthy on Bitcoin making it at all.

I would expect lower prices if shorting were popular again. But Bitcoin has also proven itself fairly well in the past 6 months or so.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: